Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Old 05-28-2010, 09:32 AM   #29
G8GT4now

Drives: 14 SS Sedan
Whats the story behind the RickRoll? I feel for it too.
G8GT4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #30
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Ahhhhhh, aint speculation, based on rumor, mixed with a bit of fact from related or similar cars grand? Add a little, "I hope, I wish and an occasional Chevy better do XYZ or else" and you have an awesome thread.

You forgot mention of the obligatory Rick Roll
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #31
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by G8GT4now View Post
Whats the story behind the RickRoll? I feel for it too.
Its an internet joke, peolpe think they are going to a website (in this case z28 website) that is listed but are redirected to youtube and proceed to be "rickrolled"
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #32
G8GT4now

Drives: 14 SS Sedan
that probably explains how I end up with viruses on the computer.
G8GT4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #33
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
You forgot mention of the obligatory Rick Roll
Ha!!! LOL I had some firewall protection that didn't take me to the Roll. I thought it a genuine link to an article.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #34
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer08 View Post
Its an internet joke, peolpe think they are going to a website (in this case z28 website) that is listed but are redirected to youtube and proceed to be "rickrolled"
Well. A REAL RR will lock you browser up.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #35
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I'm not a cruel as you
Old 05-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #36
MartiMcFly

Drives: 2SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
IMO - because the current line-up directly matches Ford and Dodge offerings, and the only car left to match is the GT500 and possibly a 6.4L HEMI Challenger next year or the year after. In fact, Camaro has two different driveline combinations for SS, so why stick another model between SS and the LLT? What - we're going to have a car, for example, that runs mid-13s? I don't see that...
Very solid points never had someone explain it this way. My thinking is that the Camaro CAN'T start to compete with the Vette as GM would loose sales to the Camaro based on HP Claims. Iit would be pretty awesome to have a Z28 badge (the unique badge for the camaro) to be on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
The poster you are responding to is probably another SS owner that doesn't want a Z/28 model to have more HP than his SS. Plenty of those people around and for the life of me I don't understand their thinking.
Clyde
*yawn*

Troll somewhere else.
MartiMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:14 PM   #37
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiMcFly View Post
Very solid points never had someone explain it this way. My thinking is that the Camaro CAN'T start to compete with the Vette as GM would loose sales to the Camaro based on HP Claims. Iit would be pretty awesome to have a Z28 badge (the unique badge for the camaro) to be on top.

*yawn*

Troll somewhere else.
Clyde is hardly a troll. Please remain respectful; he's one of the most, if not THE most, knowledgable people on this site.
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:22 PM   #38
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
yeah, you'd know all about that wouldn't ya, Isabella?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
The poster you are responding to is probably another SS owner that doesn't want a Z/28 model to have more HP than his SS. Plenty of those people around and for the life of me I don't understand their thinking.
Clyde
Quote:
*yawn*

Troll somewhere else.
i believe his (and others') point was that looking back at previous generations that had both an SS & Z28, the Super Sport was the more powerful model - more notably with the 69s.

Quote:
what about the CTS-V?
it's a vette drivetrain in a sedan & is super-impressive - even more so now than when it first came out. the thing is that it's for a slightly different market of buyers. i believe the Camaro is for a different-enough market than a vette that having a high-performance Z28 could be a viable option.

here's more about the CTS-V vs Z06
http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=21700
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #39
MartiMcFly

Drives: 2SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Clyde is hardly a troll. Please remain respectful; he's one of the most, if not THE most, knowledgable people on this site.
Thats fine, I will respect him when he doesn't put words in my mouth. That is him being disrespectful. Street goes both ways

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post

i believe his (and others') point was that looking back at previous generations that had both an SS & Z28, the Super Sport was the more powerful model - more notably with the 69s.
exactly
MartiMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #40
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Thats fine, I will respect him when he doesn't put words in my mouth. That is him being disrespectful. Street goes both ways

exactly
Nobody "put words in your mouth", I commented on your post based on the fact that your info shows you having an SS and that you commented that the Z28 might be mid line model. Many current SS owners have already protested that a new Z/28 might have more power than their SS, your comments sounded like more of the same. There have been enough "hints" from various sources (and they are mentioned all over these forums) that it appears all but certain that a new Z/28 will have 550+HP. Nobody is being disrespectful toward you, I merely commented on a supposition based on what I could see and your comments. It's not like I called you names or said you were a silly twit (or worse), simply discussion on a hot topic.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:18 PM   #41
wildpaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post

what about the CTS-V?
it's a vette drivetrain in a sedan & is super-impressive - even more so now than when it first came out. the thing is that it's for a slightly different market of buyers. i believe the Camaro is for a different-enough market than a vette that having a high-performance Z28 could be a viable option.

here's more about the CTS-V vs Z06
http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=21700
Most notably in '69 and the rest of the first gen. Camaros, the subject of which models had the most HP is highly debateable. I recently posted about what my experiences were back in the day as well as the experiences of members of the Chevy high performance club I belonged to back in the day. Essentially the SS 350 295/300 HP and 396 325HP was no match for a Z/28, 396 350HP was close, the only real problem for a Z/28 was the 396 375HP. Given the torque created by the big block 396, they were much quicker off the line than most Z/28s and would maintain that lead up to around 70mph, at that point the Z/28 would often move ahead and take the lead, often having a 6-7mph higher trap speed than the 396/375. Taking into account the quarter mile times and trap speeds, it is fairly easy to extrapolate that the Z/28 302cid was producing somewhere in the 350-375HP range. There is an article/website which gives a lot more detail, but when I was there gathering facts a few weeks my computer shut down before I could save it to favorites. When I find it again I'll post the link. So which engine produced the most HP in reality (not the factory ratings)? You also have to look at the HP ratings on the 302cid, that 290HP was for 5,800 RPM, we all know that the 302 was easily capable of 7k RPM right off the showroom and would produce higher HP ratings at that RPM.
Clyde
Old 05-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #42
wildpaws

Here is the link to the web site I mentioned, their calculations were that the 302 Z/28 was putting out 380 gross HP.
http://ateupwithmotor.com/sports-car...amaro-z28.html

Clyde