Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #85
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
This thread is old. You can buy two SS's for the price of one M3. That should end the discussion right there...
Old 08-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #86
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 tornado View Post
I drive a 2009 BMW m3 and i can tell you hands down it will beat the Camaro. now of course it will be a close race because the horsepower is almost the same and the weight is very close but the high revving Sport motor in the BMW will out power and out handle the camaro. My father is really good friends with the professional race car driver Tony Kanaan (formula 1) and we have been to his test track and i had him do a 0-60 in my bmw and with a professional timing system we got it at 4.1
And the price difference is?
Old 08-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #87
BAD BRAD

Drives: 1969 CAMARO 2010 CAMARO
I CANT BELIVE THERE IS SUCH A DEBATE ABOUT THIS CANT WE JUST STICK TO CARS IN THE SAME CLASS IF THAT GUY WANTS A BMW BUY IT GET ON THERE FORUM THIS CRAP DRIVES ME CRAZY
Old 08-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #88
BAD BRAD

Quote:
I drive a 2009 BMW m3 and i can tell you hands down it will beat the Camaro. now of course it will be a close race because the horsepower is almost the same and the weight is very close but the high revving Sport motor in the BMW will out power and out handle the camaro. My father is really good friends with the professional race car driver Tony Kanaan (formula 1) and we have been to his test track and i had him do a 0-60 in my bmw and with a professional timing system we got it at 4.1
DO ME A FAVOR GET TONY TO DO 0-60 IN MY CAMARO AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. REALLY DONT KNOW WHY FORMULA 1 DRIVER WHOULD GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THIS BUT WILLIN TO DONATE CAR TO THE CAUSE CANT STAND ALL THE TRASH TALK ABOUT CAMARO
Old 08-21-2009, 01:56 PM   #89
BAD BRAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can-Am View Post
This thread is old. You can buy two SS's for the price of one M3. That should end the discussion right there...
YOU SAID IT BROTHER CANT BELIVE THESE PEOPLE AND SOME OF THE COMPARSIONS IT KILLS ME THANKS FOR BEING SO LEVEL HEADED. ALL U BMW FREAKS EAT MY DUST AND SEE MY TAIL LIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2009, 01:58 PM   #90
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
so much yelling.....
Old 08-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #91
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
M3 but for the price and overall style... Camaro
Old 08-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #92
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
the high revving Sport motor in the BMW will out power and out handle the camaro.

Impressive....might as well get rid of the suspension

Old 08-21-2009, 03:59 PM   #93
camaro67
Account Suspended

Drives: marina blue 67
jump on a vette same price .and see vette taillights disappear .atrue sports car. or wait someone will spend 20grand on a camaro up grades then you can watch camarotaillights dis appear.camaro forum.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:02 PM   #94
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
I spent $35k on the camaro, I've spent ~$6k on engine work, and I'll probably spend about $3k on suspension work...

Even with the extra weight of the $20k I'll have in the trunk...I'll still eat that M3 alive. (I've already fed an M6 to it...so an M3 would just be a snack. )

BTW...I'm a former E46 M3 owner that wanted the new E92 M3, but was not willing to part with that much money when the other options are REALLY close for allot less cash.

I know all the things that I 'gave up' with the M3, but to me it wasn't worth the extra coin...it's damn close to P-car territory $.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
Old 08-21-2009, 04:07 PM   #95
Kurt_OH

Drives: BMW, Hyundai
What a joke.

The M3 is way more sophisticated, faster, better acceleration/braking/handling/comfort/safety/everything-objective than a Camaro. As others have said, it should be: it costs twice as much.

But, the thread OP didn't ask about price; he asked about the comparison. The comparison is . . . there's no comparison. The Camaro is nothing like, and nowhere near an M3.

Again, as others here said, the CTS-V is a good comparison. It's faster, similarly priced, and fairly comfy. Those two cars are pretty unique, in that it pretty much takes a dedicated sports car to run away from either of them.

Lastly, and again as others have said here, the Camaro is a supreme value. Lots of go, some stick, good stop, cool looking, from an American company. I want one!
Old 08-21-2009, 04:36 PM   #96
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH View Post
What a joke.

The M3 is way more sophisticated, faster, better acceleration/braking/handling/comfort/safety/everything-objective than a Camaro. As others have said, it should be: it costs twice as much.

But, the thread OP didn't ask about price; he asked about the comparison. The comparison is . . . there's no comparison. The Camaro is nothing like, and nowhere near an M3.

Again, as others here said, the CTS-V is a good comparison. It's faster, similarly priced, and fairly comfy. Those two cars are pretty unique, in that it pretty much takes a dedicated sports car to run away from either of them.

Lastly, and again as others have said here, the Camaro is a supreme value. Lots of go, some stick, good stop, cool looking, from an American company. I want one!
In a fantasy world where money doesn't matter I'll be flying a space ship while a super model.....
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Old 08-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #97
Kurt_OH

Drives: BMW, Hyundai
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
In a fantasy world where money doesn't matter I'll be flying a space ship while a super model.....
Why just "a" super model?

:-)
Old 08-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #98
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_OH View Post
Why just "a" super model?

:-)
ok...ok.... a super model...and her sister....how's that?

Closed Thread