Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-07-2008, 11:16 AM   #15
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Another disappointing read.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/11/07/news...ion=2008110711
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:28 AM   #16
LS9CamaroSS

Drives: Cavalier RS
well here wee go again... i hope we pull through... MT's editor wrote a column about this i'll have to find it and post it here... he makes many valid points for our beloved big 3...

http://www.motortrend.com/features/e...ure/index.html
LS9CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:31 AM   #17
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
GM and the American automaker have been through worse and come out strong. I think GM will be just fine. A few bumps and bruises but hey, GM is like Rocky Balboa. It always wins in the end.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:43 AM   #18
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
GM is like Rocky Balboa. It always wins in the end.
Rocky Balboa lost in "Rocky" and "Rocky Balboa". Also, he lost most of his fortune, his mental health, physical health, and his wife to cancer.

I would hope GM is nothing like Rocky.
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #19
TainoWarrior316

Drives: 2000 Silverado 4.8 V8
Gods speed Gm . . . . Gods speed
Old 11-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #20
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
I've got my fingers crossed for everyone at GM, I just hope this'll be a very short patch of rough water. We've got to get more people to "Buy American" we have to turn this around. And when I say buy American, I don't mean buy the imports that are built here in the US, I mean buy American period.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #21
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
LONG LIVE THE GENERAL, NO ONE MAKES BETTER VEHICLES, ESPECIALLY MUSCLE/SPORTS CARS, IN MY VIEWS.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:18 PM   #22
SS22

Drives: 2010 Blue Camaro RS
GM is a part of my life, I would honestly be heartbroken if it were gone.
SS22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 02:12 AM   #23
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS22 View Post
GM is a part of my life, I would honestly be heartbroken if it were gone.
If GM folded, I'd be legitimately traumatized. No kidding. I'm not sure I'd ever "get over it."
Old 11-08-2008, 11:06 AM   #24
Foster26

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM 6SP CGRS #9761
Most of us here on this board are passionate about our American cars. It's nice to read so many posts that are favorable to GM and even the other 2. However, us wishing GM well and hoping for the best will do very little to help GM and others. We need to be more vocal about our cars and the improvements GM and others have made in recent years. I can't imagine anyone saying that GM has not made a tremendous leap in styling and quality the last few years. We need to tell all of our friends, family, and neghbors who have foreign cars about our American cars and our passion for buying American. Take opportunties to show off your car to these people. Let them get a chance to ride in your new Cadillac or Solstice or Malibu or whatever it may be. Don't let one of these people in your life buy a Toyota or such without at least making an impression on them. I believe if you can just open their eyes to the improvements they've made, there will be a much better chance for them to at least consider American. If more people consider, more people will buy.

Long live GM and the BIG 3.
Foster26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:18 PM   #25
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster26 View Post
Most of us here on this board are passionate about our American cars. It's nice to read so many posts that are favorable to GM and even the other 2. However, us wishing GM well and hoping for the best will do very little to help GM and others. We need to be more vocal about our cars and the improvements GM and others have made in recent years. I can't imagine anyone saying that GM has not made a tremendous leap in styling and quality the last few years. We need to tell all of our friends, family, and neghbors who have foreign cars about our American cars and our passion for buying American. Take opportunties to show off your car to these people. Let them get a chance to ride in your new Cadillac or Solstice or Malibu or whatever it may be. Don't let one of these people in your life buy a Toyota or such without at least making an impression on them. I believe if you can just open their eyes to the improvements they've made, there will be a much better chance for them to at least consider American. If more people consider, more people will buy.

Long live GM and the BIG 3.
Thats about the same thing I was gonna post last night, but I was too bleary-eyed to make it sound coherent.

We need to be vocal supporters and evangelists, to coin a phrase, about the products we love. Get people on board! Every time someone asks me about my "in trnk" license plate - I rave about the new 'Maro -- talk up the Vette, try anything to promote excitement and enthusiasm about GM products.

We all need to help, as much as practical. I got several co-workers so jazzed about the 'Maro, 2-3 of them looked it up and one said he's probably gonna buy one!
Old 11-08-2008, 12:58 PM   #26
dvnt88
Kickin' Assphalt

Drives: 1997 Z-28 30th Anniversary Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Fingers crossed and wishing the best for GM... Attachment 10571
+1. ")
Old 11-08-2008, 02:47 PM   #27
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Well Scott. You and every member of GM's family are in my prayers. Especially those veterans that were forced to hang their hats. Congratulations on picking up Cadillac. I hope as well as many others here that you continue to give us Camaro updates when you can as they have been very helpful. God Bless. -Eddie
Old 11-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #28
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Congrats Scott. Good luck with the pick up at Cadillac. I know you'll make all of us proud. We still want to see standing next to the Camaro at the Auto Shows. Even though now you are now in Cadillac, You'll always be the True FBODFATHER. Good Luck
fad1 is offline   Reply With Quote