Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-18-2016, 03:20 PM   #7505
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
How much Gary?

Good one Chris. Lol. Just that pic made some weak minded folks pee their pants.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:36 PM   #7506
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary24 View Post
X95 came to the US this year. Trigger pack is improved. Great looking rifle.
I believe we have had the Tavor for 3 years now here in Canada.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:40 PM   #7507
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
That is a select fire French FAMAS. There were only about 100 of the semi-auto versions imported into the US prior to the implementation of the Assault Weapons Ban. They were called the MAS223. They are extremely rare and worth a ton of money. This was taken from an auction site that sold one back in 2012.

Quote:
This is a very nice and extremely RARE Commercial copy of the French FAMAS semi-automatic Bullpup rifle. This rifle is the French equivalent of the American M4 Carbine and still is the standard Infantry service rifle in France today. These rifles were designed and manufactured in the French MAS arsenal at St. Etienne. The most unique thing obviously is that these rifles are of a Bullpup design. This concept was intended to provide a full size rifle barrel and action in a very short and compact rifle by shortening or eliminating the stock and moving the action to the rear. Thereby considerably reducing the overall length, this rifle is only 30 inches long overall. This concept did not receive support in most countries and only a handful today actually use the Bullpup rifle design, France, England and Austria among them. The right side of the receiver is marked "MAS223" over the serial number and the left side of the receiver is marked "MANUFACTURE NATIONALE D' ARMES, DE SAINT ETIENNE, MADE IN FRANCE, CENTURY ARMS, ST. ALBANS VT." The rear sight has single large battle sight with a large aperture with two different size flip up peep sights, one in front and one behind the large aperture. The front sight has a standard blade front that is also adjustable for windage and includes a unique push up quick point type night sight in front of the front sight post all housed inside the long carrying handle. The charging handle is located directly below the carrying handle. With a fold-down bipod mounted on the sides of the receiver and a factory bird cage flash-hider. The rifle is designed to be adaptable to either a left or right handed shooter by removing the ejection port cover and switching it to the other side of the rifle. It also has an ambidextrous safety to accommodate either style shooter. It is estimated that only 50-100 of these rifles were imported into the US before the Assault rifle ban stopped their importation. Consequently this is a VERY RARE rifle today. The FAMAS Bullpup is the pictured cover story in the October, 1988 Gun World magazine, page 18, entitled "The Fetching Famas" by Chuck Karwan. Complete with a original web sling, a Galati Intl. soft case, one extra magazine, two FAMAS magazine pouches, a cleaning kit and a FAMAS bayonet and scabbard.
MAS223
Attached Images

BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM   #7508
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
We get the sweet T 97
We also get SIG licensed Rifles made by FAMAE in Chile
Attached Images

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 04:18 PM   #7509
Dizzy82

Civilian version of the QBZ-95, very nice. Funny how some firearms that are legal in Canada aren't legal in the US and vice-versa.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ

Last edited by Dizzy82; 07-18-2016 at 04:52 PM.
Old 07-20-2016, 09:14 AM   #7510
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
alright so looking on gun broker im getting mixed signals on what these things are worth. anyone have any thoughts?

Saiga12

Lightly used
1 - 5 round mag
2 - 10 round mags
adjustable gas plug
Tapco adjustable stock
Tapco forgrip
Tapco verticle grip
opsgear Rail guards
UTG Rail system
Have all factory hardware

Are you looking to buy or sell? That is the question. These vary quite a bit. at one point you could by the base saiga 12 imported from Russia for $600. then they shot up to $1,200 for original russian saiga 12's. Now the market is getting soft again. This model is a us imported Saiga 12 by company called RAAC. You could buy RWC new earlier this year. Supposedly they hijacked the design and started building it on their own as the russian factory is not allowed to do business here in the US. Izhmash has denied they gave patent rights for this company to build them. I have been watching the company as I wanted one of their Saiga 12's but they are moving their assembly plant and stocks have dried up. This is an original russian import sport gun. Designed to really only shot 3" magnums. Most buy these and convert them to ar style grips rework the ports and chamber for use with 2 3/4 low velocity walmart brass.

Last edited by drivingagain; 07-21-2016 at 10:31 AM.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:35 AM   #7511
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingagain View Post
Are you looking to buy or sell? That is the question. These vary quite a bit. at one point you could by the base saiga 12 for $600. then they shot up to $1,200 for original russian saiga 12's. Now the market is getting soft again. This model is a us made Saiga 12 by company called RAAC. You could buy them new earlier this year. Supposedly they hijacked the design and started building it on their own as the russian factory is not allowed to do business here in the US. Izhmash has denied they gave patent rights for this company to build them. I have been watching the company as I wanted one of their Saiga 12's but they are moving their assembly plant and stocks have dried up.
unfortunately sell. NY state determines that this is considered an "assault weapon" so its illegal to own in NY.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:59 AM   #7512
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
PM me and I would be interested in the sell.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:54 PM   #7513
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Do the French rifles surrender by themselves, or do they still make the operator do that?
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 04:07 PM   #7514
Dizzy82

AG Maura Healey bans sale of 'copycat' assault rifles in Massachusetts

http://www.masslive.com/politics/ind...sale_of_c.html

AKA: All semi-auto rifles are now banned effective immediately.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:20 PM   #7515
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
This is such a troubling trend Diz. Unfortunately I don't see it ending.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 04:32 PM   #7516
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
This is such a troubling trend Diz. Unfortunately I don't see it ending.
Ditto. They are taking our way of protecting ourselves. Good news for is, i still have friends in the hood who can hook me up!

Not.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 05:00 PM   #7517
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
AG Maura Healey bans sale of 'copycat' assault rifles in Massachusetts

http://www.masslive.com/politics/ind...sale_of_c.html

AKA: All semi-auto rifles are now banned effective immediately.
No, not really. All semi-auto rifles are not banned in MA.

I am a resident of the "great" Commonwealth of Massachusetts. I try to stay on top of these things as much as I can, being a repsonsible firearms owner and possessor of a variety of FFL.

Specifically, AG Healey has stated that firearms purchased before today, Wednesday 20 July 2016, that are part of what she terms the "loophole" are not affected. Quote:

"We recognize that most residents who purchased these guns in the past believed they were doing so legally, so the directive will not apply to possession of guns purchased before Wednesday."

What is un-spoken is the status of firearms that were indeed sold 100% legally which were 'registered' and owned in MA before the previous ban, such as two rifles I own were. Buying them looks like an even wiser move than it did when I bought them. Since they have nothing to do with the AWB "loophole" (which in my estimation was nothing of the sort; the Commonwealth stated X Y and Z must be present to be part of the ban; manufacturers obeyed and deleted X Y or Z; it is hardly the manufacturers' fault that the Commonwealth allowed the leeway).

Now, I would be the first to applaud an AG that states they will enforce existing laws instead of drafting new ones, knee-jerk fashion. However, the tone of AG Healey's statement (listed as an "opinion" [LOL!] in the Boston Globe) gives serious pause.

That said, we need to be aware of two things:

1) The AG can say what she wants to. In the past she has said (there is no such law however) that it is not permissible for ammunition to be shipped to Massachusetts to private purchasers. Many companies believe this to be in fact law when it is not.

2) What is the 'transferable' (for lack of a better term) status of firearms she describes that she- grudgingly- allows to be legal, which were bought before today. They must be legal, otherwise it is reckless for the AG to state people can still have them owing to an intent to obey the law. There is no 'mostly legal' in firearms laws here in MA. So much clarification is needed.

We must gather information and see how much bullsheets we're wading in.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:28 PM   #7518
Dizzy82

From my understanding from reading the articles so far is that those currently owned by folks are the token 'grandfathered' in. By banned, is the further sale of 'copycat' firearms ie: AR-15 and AK style rifles. Regardless, this process by death by 1000 cuts isn't going to get any better.

Quote:
Massachusetts will ban the sale of “copycat” assault-style weapons similar to those increasingly used in mass shootings, state Attorney General Maura Healey said on Wednesday.
The move takes effect immediately and is part of stepped-up enforcement of Massachusetts’ ban on military-style assault weapons, she said in a statement.
http://www.mass.gov/ago/public-safety/awbe.html

Tags
camaro gun