Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-30-2017, 11:25 AM   #29
Better Performance

Drives: 2010 SS TT 4L80, 72 SS454 Chevelle
OK, finally back again after a frustrating hiatus of getting no where. I contacted John at hellion and he suggested that I checked what cruise timing was set at. It was at 9.... after adjusting up to low 20's, the exhaust Temps are over 400 degrees cooler and most if not all of my underhood heat issues are gone.
I'm planning on pulling the engine to make sure nothing has been damaged from heat or poor tuning, and I'm going to get rid of the 226/241 split duration cam in favor of a 237/237 with a 115 centerline.
I'm also thinking about switching to a MS3 Ultimate controller. I'm for sure sending the headers, turbos, and down pipes out for thermal coating.
If anyone wants to chime in with any advise, feel free!
Better Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:58 AM   #30
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Performance View Post
OK, finally back again after a frustrating hiatus of getting no where. I contacted John at hellion and he suggested that I checked what cruise timing was set at. It was at 9.... after adjusting up to low 20's, the exhaust Temps are over 400 degrees cooler and most if not all of my underhood heat issues are gone.
I'm planning on pulling the engine to make sure nothing has been damaged from heat or poor tuning, and I'm going to get rid of the 226/241 split duration cam in favor of a 237/237 with a 115 centerline.
I'm also thinking about switching to a MS3 Ultimate controller. I'm for sure sending the headers, turbos, and down pipes out for thermal coating.
If anyone wants to chime in with any advise, feel free!
I would not consider switching to an MS3 over an stock ECM we can do wonders with the stock ECM.

The cam is a great move.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forced induction, heat issues, hellion, twin turbo