Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 01-22-2017, 10:24 AM   #1
DGM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS - Ashen Gray
My Overkill Supercharger System ....

The Overkill Supercharger System -my review and experience... My car is the one behind the research and development of this now available system... I can tell you a lot has been put into the details!! The mounting plate was critiqued 3 times as well as the tensioner system to make sure belt tension was true n tight and the plumbing fitment would be optimal. The cobra head 90 degree elbow from supercharger to cold air intake. Two changes on the washer and power steering reservoirs. The billet machined crank pulley hub adapter is impressive. The bov and maf placement is spot on, making idle and drivability better than ever. The Supercharger pulley is as easy to swap as they say🙂 and has the added safeguard against slip. The intercooler is very efficient and fits great. The evacuation system leaves nothing to chance. .....For the many such as I who bought the first supercharger system designed by another company for us were thrilled with the initial performance of an instant 80 plus horsepower gain had soon become frustrated with the pulley dilemma, the substandard evap system, power steering issues and very limited support including expandability and tuning... but now thanks to Will and Tracy we have the ability to progress.

Those of you that are just now ready or thinking about an Supercharger are at a great advantage ... This System is far more advanced from fit, function and finish with support, even more expandibility and tuning second to none. What's even more impressive is you will be getting all the good stuff at pricing better than those early systems...It's in the Details and those were put into this Overkill Supercharger System!! You will be amazed...
"WIDOW" Overkill Edition w/Mace Cams,80mm tb,Jacfab spacer/ported intake,Alky Control,ARH off road pipes,SOLO custom system,3.91 gears, MGW,Phantom grilles,ZL1 appearance pkge, 3dCarbon vents, Lingenfelter hood and spoiler, PLX boost/wideband modules/gauge,ZL1 fuel pump,LF3 hpfp,DSS aluminum driveshaft,JPSS sway bars, Z28 replica wheels and CxRacing coilovers..
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:25 PM   #2
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo LFX
NICE Write UP....TEAM OVERKILL!!!!

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:27 PM   #3
Jett

Drives: 2012 Camaro v6
My car is in the hands of Tracy and Will to get supercharged with the Overkill system as well. They've been nothing but good to me this far and I can't wait for the end result! I'll post pictures and videos when I do get my car back!
Jett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:12 PM   #4
DGM

I'll add that my car was there nearly a month undergoing all the measures before i took her home and started running her daily again checking and making sure everything was ok on a weekly basis reporting in with Will and Tracy... even after nearly 2 months of no issues and thrilled with my new setup Tracy and Will wanted to see firsthand and run through things one more time... so I was able to get there yesterday with my daughter and they checking over everything as a final measure...
"WIDOW" Overkill Edition w/Mace Cams,80mm tb,Jacfab spacer/ported intake,Alky Control,ARH off road pipes,SOLO custom system,3.91 gears, MGW,Phantom grilles,ZL1 appearance pkge, 3dCarbon vents, Lingenfelter hood and spoiler, PLX boost/wideband modules/gauge,ZL1 fuel pump,LF3 hpfp,DSS aluminum driveshaft,JPSS sway bars, Z28 replica wheels and CxRacing coilovers..
Old 01-23-2017, 08:47 PM   #5
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
I'll add that my car was there nearly a month undergoing all the measures before i took her home and started running her daily again checking and making sure everything was ok on a weekly basis reporting in with Will and Tracy... even after nearly 2 months of no issues and thrilled with my new setup Tracy and Will wanted to see firsthand and run through things one more time... so I was able to get there yesterday with my daughter and they checking over everything as a final measure...
When is she hitting the rollers? What's the butt dyno say? Spill, but don't oversell, like some people do.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:05 PM   #6
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
Great to hear Dennis. Can't wait for some pics
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:22 AM   #7
DGM

update...been driving my car daily another month and half since this post, happy to report everything is great still.... we still are awaiting a solid solution for the fueling issue... I have been pushing on her a little bit more lately to 6500 making sure alky kit is purged... with the 3.91 gears it really just revs so fast in 1st its nearly impossible to ensure I can keep it from hitting 7000 plus...I did a 2-3 pull from a stop and lmao... what a blast!! I have literally had two people now run me down and say damn man that thing is mean... I just cant wait until I wind her up to 7200 again
Old 03-11-2017, 11:47 PM   #8
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
Glad all is well, to bad you, Derek and I are so far apart. Can't wait to get mine going.
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote