Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #71
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
The 335i is a nice car to have under warranty. Post-warranty, any prob with the turbo engine....big $$$.
+1
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:58 PM   #72
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
I guess if you rate the camaros external appearance as a 7.5 or whatever you did, it does not sound like your a camaro fan.

Personally, I would say the camaro is a 10 in appearance and coolness, thats why there is one in my garage and thats why I treat it like a member of the family!!!

Sounds like there is likely another car out there that you would be happier with. Lot of room from 7.5 to a 10!!!

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:14 PM   #73
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
I guess if you rate the camaros external appearance as a 7.5 or whatever you did, it does not sound like your a camaro fan.

Personally, I would say the camaro is a 10 in appearance and coolness, thats why there is one in my garage and thats why I treat it like a member of the family!!!

Sounds like there is likely another car out there that you would be happier with. Lot of room from 7.5 to a 10!!!
Maybe it will grow on me. I like the car.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #74
ViperTomcat
Banned

Drives: 2011 Avenger Heat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Maybe it will grow on me. I like the car.
I'm sure you will! Its a great car!

Looking forward to seeing pics and hearing your impressions!
ViperTomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:47 PM   #75
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raqball View Post
I would have NEVER guessed this:

My numbers would look like this:

* Mustang exterior appearance: 6.00
* Camaro exterior appearance: 8.75

Add the Challenger into the mix...

* Mustang exterior appearance: 6.00
* Camaro exterior appearance: 8.75
* Challenger exterior appearance: 8.70

I personally think the Mustang is hideous and would buy a Challenger long before even considering the Stang...
I'm with you on this. Mustang's don't have any styling at all these days except for the view from the front, side and rear looks quite shitty to me.

I wold rate overall styling of the Mustang a 4.5. And from all the comments I get from people of every age group I think most people would agree.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #76
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Good for you. Personally, I think BMW's are girly-man cars.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:32 PM   #77
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
Obviously, I love the Camaro. Otherwise, I wouldn't have taken then plunge. It is a cool looking car. it is comfortable. it handles well. you can do a lot of mods yourself.

Having said that, Ford did a nice job upgrading the interior. the Sync Nav system, is without a doubt, awesome. I played with one in a Flex rental not too long ago. All I can say is wow.

Bottomline to me is they are both good vehicles. The only real issue o have with the 2011 Mustang is the rear design.

My decision, as should be yours, was based on what I felt best met my criteria. That is thenfun part of the decision making process.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:04 AM   #78
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
Interesting reading your evaluation and noticing when you are talking about the Mustang... It is all mustang for that portion.... When you switch to a Camaro portion you throw in the Mustang, Challenger, and 335i.... There is also a good bit of contradiction through out both parts.....

And while the title only mentions the 335i, the bulk of your post is about the Mustang...
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:09 AM   #79
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
I actually believe that the Mustang crowd is a lot more diverse than the Camaro crowd...

But there are also 10+ Freakin models of Mustang and only 5 Models of Camaro....

Which is a lot of why the Camaro appeals to me..... I am less apt to run across 5 soccer moms driving a car that looks like mine.

PS.. Nothing wrong with Soccer or Moms.
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #80
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Good for you. Personally, I think BMW's are girly-man cars.
Real men are comfortable enough with their manliness to drive a girly-man car.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:21 PM   #81
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrail View Post
Obviously, I love the Camaro. Otherwise, I wouldn't have taken then plunge. It is a cool looking car. it is comfortable. it handles well. you can do a lot of mods yourself.

Having said that, Ford did a nice job upgrading the interior. the Sync Nav system, is without a doubt, awesome. I played with one in a Flex rental not too long ago. All I can say is wow.

Bottomline to me is they are both good vehicles. The only real issue o have with the 2011 Mustang is the rear design.

My decision, as should be yours, was based on what I felt best met my criteria. That is thenfun part of the decision making process.
It was fun!

Last edited by Fraxum; 08-31-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:28 PM   #82
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by x626xBlack View Post
Interesting reading your evaluation and noticing when you are talking about the Mustang... It is all mustang for that portion.... When you switch to a Camaro portion you throw in the Mustang, Challenger, and 335i.... There is also a good bit of contradiction through out both parts.....

And while the title only mentions the 335i, the bulk of your post is about the Mustang...
Really I was comparing the Mustang vs Camaro. I was turning in the 335i that was leased. I prefer V8s so the GT and the SS each had a chance to be my next car. I am not knocking the BMW. It is a great car and it was fun to drive it for a few years.

Yes lots of contradictions. Buying a motor head car is as much as a subjective decision as an objective one.

The Challenger was never in the running for me. Good looking but too big and too heavy.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #83
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
I love the low roof. I think its one of the coolest things about the car... It is almost how they chop the roof on hot rods and make them lower. Unless your like 7ft tall then yeah I'd hate it too. I was beside a new Stang yesterday and the roof just roll's up to high in my opinion. Other than that I wouldn't take anything away from the new Mustang body styles, it isn't a bad looking car.

The Camaro has body lines that can't be beat. To many Mustangs on the road in so many styles body kits colors stripes and so on. Camaro sticks out and says something with out all the added components.
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:41 PM   #84
Fraxum

I am ready to make my move. There are two black 2011-2SS/RS-6M-Roofs near me. I probably will come home with one of them. It is the end of the month. A time for wheeling and dealing. We will see what they both really give me for my WS6.

Both of those black 2SSes have the black interior. I really wanted the inferno seats as it makes the interior more interesting for me. But the closest one I could find was 200 miles away.

I cannot join USAA, I was not in the service and my dad was not a member. So I cannot get that discount. But i do have the supplier and credit union discounts. But I do not think I can use both together. One dealer was actually taking $500 off list! So with the supplier discount I think I am getting close to invoice.