Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-03-2012, 05:34 AM   #29
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Oh, not as bad as the 92/65 someone in off-topic got earlier
May have been me- 91 in a 65 in N.Y. State. I pleaded it down (long story) to a seatbelt violation.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #30
Brilac

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS GFX Red Jewel Tintcoat
Quote:
Because in order to make a U-turn in the middle of the road (in most states) they need to have lights on. That's what you saw. Then were you on a 1 lane road so he couldn't pass you? Maybe he wanted to check your plates. Takes about half a mile to run a plate and get information back. All sounds legit to me.
I will start with I am not bashing... You are saying that in your state it is ok for an officer to do u-turns in the middle of a street speed up,cut off another vehicle and ride up on a vehicle that has not broken a law and run the innocent person's plate just to check them out with no probable cause? Can you also just go to the local mall and just run every plate of every car parked there? Fishing is fishing right.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:24 AM   #31
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilac View Post
I will start with I am not bashing... You are saying that in your state it is ok for an officer to do u-turns in the middle of a street speed up,cut off another vehicle and ride up on a vehicle that has not broken a law and run the innocent person's plate just to check them out with no probable cause? Can you also just go to the local mall and just run every plate of every car parked there? Fishing is fishing right.
Yes...you can run any plate you'd like. That's why there are plate scanners. Same in NH. No it's not ok to cut someone off lol.

I prefer hunting. Not fishing
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:43 AM   #32
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzaku View Post
Yeah yesterday I pulled off the interstate taking the exit nearest my house. Passed a state trooper sitting at the end of the exit ramp (doing the speed limit) and he decides to pull out and follow me about 3 miles up until I turned onto my street. Complete dick move...

Honestly, he is just doing his job. He sees a nice car being driven and he might think its stolen. I would very much rather have a cop follow me to run my plates than one day have my car stolen and have a cop say he saw it go by but he didn't run the plates to see if it got stolen because "he did not wanna be a dick".
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #33
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarozzzz View Post
Honestly, he is just doing his job. He sees a nice car being driven and he might think its stolen. I would very much rather have a cop follow me to run my plates than one day have my car stolen and have a cop say he saw it go by but he didn't run the plates to see if it got stolen because "he did not wanna be a dick".
Love when people realize police aren't there to make money off writing you tickets.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:50 AM   #34
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilac View Post
I know they do it in NH also, but with all of the visable violations I see on the road everyday the fishing expeditions seem unneeded and just a dick move.... to many easy pickings out there. Perhaps I am just showing my age again but I remember when the police wouldn't bother people unless they actually did or were doing something wrong.
I would rather get a felon off the street rather than the soccer mom who turns the wrong way down a one way street. Great way to do that is to run tags. You can get information on the owner without needing to confront someone.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #35
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Quote:
I would rather get a felon off the street rather than the soccer mom who turns the wrong way down a one way street. Great way to do that is to run tags. You can get information on the owner without needing to confront someone.
Exactly. +2
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:56 AM   #36
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmonster View Post
i was leaving work tonight and my friend got up next to me, he had been asking how fast my car was all night, so i floor it for a second and got up to the speed limit, didnt go over the speed limit at all. i saw a cop coming the other way and he passed me like nothing happened (which nothing did...) i look in the mirror to see him turning around with his lights on about 200 yards back and he come flying up behind me cutting my friend off causing him to stomp on his breaks, rides my butt for about half a mile... no lights on at this time, then just breaks in the middle of the road just to pull a u-turn! i just dont understand why they have to be that way

Could have been a few different reasons he acted this way...ya just never know without him/her on here to speak for themselves.

Judging by your story and not knowing how loud you car is or how long your spirited acceleration to the speed limit was....he may have thought you were screwing around or trying to drum up a contest of speed....if thats the case, he was just giving you your warning not to go engage in any "contests".

I understand that you may have stopped at the speed limit, but there are States that have a speed exhibition statute up to and including acceleration.
DE Title 21 Sec. 4172(a) No person shall drive a vehicle in any race, speed competition or contest, drag race or acceleration contest, test of physical endurance, exhibition of speed or acceleration ....... blah blah section b then goes on to include accelerating at a rate which would cause tire spin unless its inclement weather.

Its hard to judge these things vs. different kinds of vehicles thats why I don't harp on the acceleration part unless it looks like the beginnings of a "race". As you know its not hard in these cars to accelerate a little fast...doesn't take much...some guys aren't car guys and are just not aware....

Take his actions lightly and be glad he just pulled up on you to check you out.... Hopefully he didn't nudge your buddy out of the way too bad
Old 06-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #37
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
i can meet a cop going 70 in a 55 in my old work truck and they dont even stop texting the high school girl they are dating. if im going 64 in a 55 in the cam they pull a smokey and the bandit cut through the middle like i just robbed a bank.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #38
Brilac

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS GFX Red Jewel Tintcoat
Quote:
Yes, I agree with and I thank you for wanting to get the felons off the street. You get information on the owner not the driver.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:04 AM   #39
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
i can meet a cop going 70 in a 55 in my old work truck and they dont even stop texting the high school girl they are dating. if im going 64 in a 55 in the cam they pull a smokey and the bandit cut through the middle like i just robbed a bank.

Unfortunately Bro, we aren't all alike...some think 64/55 is fast... others a little faster than that. I don't normally look at you until 20 over....

That's life....like umpires at a baseball game...sometimes there strikes and to someone else the same pitch is a ball.... take it and roll on.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #40
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Quote:
Should have wrote down your mileage. They wanted it to play with
@that moment i couldn't think straight! when i got home i was annoyed that i forgot to take down the mileage! But when i collected my car after a month, it was in a good condition inside and out- i was praying that noone opens the doors plus during its stay in the compound, we had a real heavy sand-storm and all i was worried about that the windows were down and my interior was full of sand and cats going in pissing and sh*ttin everywhere lol Thank God non- of it happened!- good relief!
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #41
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSLincolnSS2 View Post
Violation of law, probably shouldn't post R-Rated..

I respectfully withdraw my question as dept's don't like that stuff.

Camaro_h Do you live in Kuwait?
I gotta say that sounds crazy, you got carjacked for joyriding!
---
Yeh i live in Kuwait- im British Kuwaiti
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:11 AM   #42
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmonster View Post
yeah no doubt, i was thankful, just didnt like the idea of him riding my butt..considering they pulled me over in my neighborhood for supposebly driving to close to my friend in front of me

Maybe he just didn't have his reading glasses and needed to get close to see your plate?

Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote