Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
Mantisfan
Banned

Drives: 2011 LT
Inconsistent mods

I don't get this forum sometimes. I've recently seen some folks get suspended for comments that seemed tame and no one get penalized for just plain crazy postings - like the recent thread on "cholos". It looks like the old timer members get a lot more slack than the newbies. Just saying...
Old 09-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
The "cholo" thread has been closed, and I'm sure some infractions were handed out.

There's an entire forum devoted to any complaints/suggestions you may have for this forum

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
Old 09-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Old 09-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #4
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
We, the Mods, don't see every single thread. If y'all don't report a thread/post we more than likely won't see it.

The report button is the little red triangle with an exclamation point inside of it.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #5
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
The "cholo" thread has been closed, and I'm sure some infractions were handed out.

There's an entire forum devoted to any complaints/suggestions you may have for this forum

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
The moronic "Cholos" thread got shut down.
OH GOD MY EYES

WHY

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
Old 09-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Moved to the site related subforum
Old 09-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #7
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Old 09-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #8
MikeMoach

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Personally think the problem is that this site is being used more like Facebook lately more then a camaro site

Just my 2 pennies
Old 09-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
Personally think the problem is that this site is being used more like Facebook lately more then a camaro site

Just my 2 pennies
There is definitely that aspect, and an off topic section for it too. In the spirit of Camaro "Pal" "Comrade" there have been a lot of friendships made around this car. Camaro 5 fest is a big part of that too, so naturally some social networking will happen. I think it's a good thing, not a problem as long as everyone is included.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:00 AM   #10
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
We, the Mods, don't see every single thread. If y'all don't report a thread/post we more than likely won't see it.

The report button is the little red triangle with an exclamation point inside of it.

I don't see how anyone could read every thread here.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #11
MikeMoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
There is definitely that aspect, and an off topic section for it too. In the spirit of Camaro "Pal" "Comrade" there have been a lot of friendships made around this car. Camaro 5 fest is a big part of that too, so naturally some social networking will happen. I think it's a good thing, not a problem as long as everyone is included.
I'm not knocking it at all, I've made my share of friends on here as well

All I'm trying to say was that lately I've seen a lot of threads not just off topic threads that just become a pissing contest and just makes me get a bad taste in my mouth

I've personally been asked by 3 different people how to do mods I've done myself and answered in a lot of detail to help out the best I can, and not 1 gave me a thank you or a pic showing how the mod went for them

All I'm trying to say is there isn't much respect going on around here lately, maybe it's just me
Old 09-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #12
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
I'm not knocking it at all, I've made my share of friends on here as well

All I'm trying to say was that lately I've seen a lot of threads not just off topic threads that just become a pissing contest and just makes me get a bad taste in my mouth

I've personally been asked by 3 different people how to do mods I've done myself and answered in a lot of detail to help out the best I can, and not 1 gave me a thank you or a pic showing how the mod went for them

All I'm trying to say is there isn't much respect going on around here lately, maybe it's just me
I must say I've experienced some of this too. It's always nice to get a thank you or follow up from folks you helped out. It goes both ways and I think you'll find that most will get back.

I see you've been on a few months now and been an active participant here. Definitely Thank You for that. Hopefully we can keep the pissing contests down as best as possible without cutting off meaningful dialogue.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #13
MikeMoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I must say I've experienced some of this too. It's always nice to get a thank you or follow up from folks you helped out. It goes both ways and I think you'll find that most will get back.

I see you've been on a few months now and been an active participant here. Definitely Thank You for that. Hopefully we can keep the pissing contests down as best as possible without cutting off meaningful dialogue.

I hope so too and thank you, I see you if not have practically have been here from day 1

I know this site is not just about a car that gets you from point A to point B, it's about being family and friends also sentimental value for those that have grown with the generations of this car

Im only 28 maybe you can call me an old soul but I just think some not all of mine and the younger generation need to be thought a lesson in respect and gratitude, in the threads mentioned above there's people that just don't get that they have it good to afford a $4x,xxx car and join a site where I've met someone that wants to install everything for me for free no matter the time or effort it takes, and in return ill do the same for him on the stuff he don't know

It's not about who knows more the who it's about what we can teach each other here to maybe save money or just make someone more knowledgable about what they are getting into, But you have people here that will always know more then the next guy and it'll just never end

I know this wont fall on deaf ears but I know it won't reach the people that should be reading this and that's the part that sucks

I can rattle off a lot of screen names on here but that list will be too long but I just wanna say thank you to all those that help make this site worth visiting and contribute to making my life easier installing mods and also the mods on this site that make it worth coming here

I'm done ranting
Old 09-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #14
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I can understand why moderators are "harder" against someone who has 60 posts, in comparison to someone who has 10,000 posts. It's kinda like a "guilty until proven innocent" kind of thing. A person who has only 60 posts look more like a troll/trouble maker than someone with 10,000 posts. I hope you catch my drift here.

Closed Thread