Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-26-2009, 08:25 AM   #1
de3de8

Drives: 1964/70/75/78 Corvettes
Early build-no delivery

I cannot be the only customer experiencing this problem.
I ordered a new camaro on Jan 2 and and it was built may6. Because it was an early build it was placed in the storage lot waiting for shipment. But here it is almost August and the car has not shipped because it is blocked in the lot by all the more recently produced units. It seems that current production is keeping the rail shipments full and they cannot get to these early build units. Is this the height of stupidity? My dealer has told me he has delivered units that were ordered well past my order. Talk about frustrating to put it kindly. To top it off they still cannot tell the dealer when it will be shipped. He has the invoice and the invoice shows shipping July 3 and he should have had it mid July. In addition the GM rep has be questioned several times and he could care less.
So this is the reward for being an loyal Chevy owner from day one, an early adopter sight unseen, not to mention what ever happened to fullfilling orders by order date?
This is the new GM????
de3de8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
Chevyzone

Drives: Chevy's
Yeah, that really sucks. A ton of the 'early order' folks are really getting screwed. What a mess. We hear a lot of PR fluffin' from the GM guy(s) here, but the bottom line is that this has been a mess from the get-go. It's been one problem after another.

Sorry, I know I'm gonna piss off alot of you, but that's how I feel and it's factual.
Chevyzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Sounds like your not waiting to be shiped but rather waiting n QC hold for some reason. You wouldn't just be waiting to ship all this time.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #4
Laserjen

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by de3de8 View Post
I cannot be the only customer experiencing this problem.
I ordered a new camaro on Jan 2 and and it was built may6. Because it was an early build it was placed in the storage lot waiting for shipment. But here it is almost August and the car has not shipped because it is blocked in the lot by all the more recently produced units. It seems that current production is keeping the rail shipments full and they cannot get to these early build units. Is this the height of stupidity? My dealer has told me he has delivered units that were ordered well past my order. Talk about frustrating to put it kindly. To top it off they still cannot tell the dealer when it will be shipped. He has the invoice and the invoice shows shipping July 3 and he should have had it mid July. In addition the GM rep has be questioned several times and he could care less.
So this is the reward for being an loyal Chevy owner from day one, an early adopter sight unseen, not to mention what ever happened to fullfilling orders by order date?
This is the new GM????
If you've got your VIN, you should ask for help tracking where your car is in this thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22850 ... they can tell you if it is in QC or not.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Turn up the sugar first.

You need to work then phones and ask for a supervisor and try to work up the food chain and beg someone to get the thing going or build another car for you.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote