Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 05-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #169
pocketcthulhu

Drives: 2014 2ss/RS 5th gen Camaro #2
haven't gotten around to doing the pony bash but i plan on it.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #170
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketcthulhu View Post
Btw guys It's not Drm so much as a change in the way they are fighting cheats. D1 and D2 were client based software which means the game ran on your pc and you could run software to mod your game and generally run amuck The idea with requiring a connection is to play is more like a mmorpg with more info housed in the servers to cut down on this sort of behavior which is Doubly important with the real money ah coming into play.

besides Who Doesn't have a Constant connection nowadays I mean really? iv sat in random restaurants and leeched enough wireless to play online games it's not the 90's any more guys.
If I'm playing a single player game, why would they care if I'm cheating or running mods? Running mods usually makes the game's replayability go up. Plus I've heard the real money AH has been put on hold. Add in the fact that battlenet accounts are getting hacked even with added security and the authenticator, just makes it seem like they're putting the screws to paying customers for no reason.

And anyone travelling with a laptop may not have a constant connection. Or during inclimate weather.
mastertypodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #171
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
add me robsls3#1175 Looking for others to play with since the public games maker is borked.
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #172
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I will be trying to do Whimsyshire...

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Whimsyshire
Old 05-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #173
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Rob, I'll add you when I get online on my laptop during lunchbreak.

Steve, I'll be starting to farm items to make the staff. Do you only need the staff for unlimited times of opening Whimshyre on normal (I know you need to upgrade for nightmare/hell/inferno), or do you need to build it everytime you want to do the secret level?
Old 05-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #174
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Rob, I'll add you when I get online on my laptop during lunchbreak.

Steve, I'll be starting to farm items to make the staff. Do you only need the staff for unlimited times of opening Whimshyre on normal (I know you need to upgrade for nightmare/hell/inferno), or do you need to build it everytime you want to do the secret level?
The staff is built once for normal with all of the items. Once you want to play the secret lvl in nightmare or hell mode you will need to pay and extra one time fee to upgrade the staff.
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #175
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

I'm not hurrying with Whimsyshire...I'll do it eventually.

I just completed buying all upgrades to my Stash. That took about 400k in gold.

Now I'm just starting to work on Jewelcrafting, then Blacksmithing. Heck, I'd like to compete game on all difficulties too Whimsyshire will come in its time...
Old 05-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #176
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I'm getting ready to grind a few levels or two to continue on in nightmare. electrocute does diddly squat against most of the zombies in act 1...

I just bought the second tab of the stash, and am going to go make the staff next I think while I level up a couple times just to catch up to people. I was level 31 when I beat diablo for the first time.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #177
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertypodemon View Post
Diablo 2 didn't require the constant internet connection for single player though right?
No it didn't but it takes time for the game to register that you're no longer playing so it would be possible to die during that time.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #178
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

http://www.geekwire.com/2012/diablo-...%28GeekWire%29
Old 05-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #179
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
No it didn't but it takes time for the game to register that you're no longer playing so it would be possible to die during that time.
Ok I'm lost. If you're playing single-player Diablo 3 and loose internet connection, the game takes a while to realize you're not online anymore which means you may die (and in hardcore mode, your character gets wiped).

In single-player Diablo 2, no internet connection is required so how would it affect your game? The only things that would stop you in Diablo 2 would be loss of power or game crash. Either way, the game would stop altogether rather than leaving you in the world for a possible death.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #180
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Diablo 3, though it can be a single player game, is not playable at all without the internet connection.

I'm on the fence as to whether I like this or not. With Hardcore, yes you could lose a character if you lost internet...

That being said, I understand how some companies want to make sure software piracy doesn't happen...and this method sure will do the trick. It's doubtful you will be seeing anyone pirate this game....at least far less than any games that aren't authenticated with the game publisher.

Pros:
Little to no software piracy
Control over item duplication (which was rampant in D1/D2)
Harder to hack game to cheat (a good thing for many people, not so good for the cheaters).

Cons:
No internet connection, no game.
Login Servers down, no game.
IF you did try to hack and got caught, you would lose rights to play the game on that account.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:44 AM   #181
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Hope the secret level hands out better loot on harder modes. Normal mode,.not one yellow.

I am dissapoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:34 AM   #182
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Quote:
To Blizzard’s credit, they’ve moved to acknowledge the latest round of hijackings quickly and highlighted tools that players can use to increase security: the Battle.Net Authenticator and Battle.Net Mobile Authenticator. These tools give additional protections by requiring you to enter an additional one-time code when you login to your Battle.Net account.
As I understand, even accounts with the authenticator are being hacked.