Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 12-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #85
Jcm

Drives: 2011 ss
Oh crap I almost forgot my lighter again. . Pull that thing back out..

I know ,,that's what she said...
Jcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #86
Stecky

Drives: 0000
This got me thinking.
If GM wouldn't put the Fill hole so close to the rear end, maybe it would be easier for everyone to put the nozzle in and still feel comfortable.
Stecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:20 PM   #87
Jcm

Drives: 2011 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stecky View Post
This got me thinking.
If GM wouldn't put the Fill hole so close to the rear end, maybe it would be easier for everyone to put the nozzle in and still feel comfortable.
Yep..
That's what he and she said..
Jcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:55 PM   #88

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Here ya go....lol....

Instructions
    • 1 Choose your pump, drive up beside it and turn off the engine. Be aware of the location of your car's fuel filler port, so that it faces the gas pump. Make sure you are close enough to the pump for the pump's hose to easily reach the fuel filler.

• 2 Open the door to fuel filler, either with a switch on the inside of your car or by whatever method your model of car provides. Unscrew the gas cap and place it in a location where you will remember not to drive away without reattaching it.

• 3 Follow the payment instructions on the gas pump. Today, many stations allow pay-at-the-pump with a credit card, debit card or fuel gift card. If you want to pay the old-fashioned way with cash, you will likely need to go inside the station and pay before fueling. As gas prices have risen, more and more station owners have lost substantial revenue from drive-offs, or people who drive away without paying.

• 4 Choose a grade of gasoline and activate the pump by pushing a button or lifting a handle underneath your choice. There are generally three grades available in most states: regular, midgrade and premium. The regular unleaded gas will be the least expensive, and premium will cost the most. Some pumps have a diesel fuel option beside the gasoline. Make sure you do not put diesel fuel in a gas-powered engine. A mechanic will have to drain the tank and and the diesel could prevent the engine from starting and cause internal damage.

• 5 Remove the nozzle from the pump and insert it into the fuel filler opening. Pull the handle inside the nozzle upward to release the gas into your tank. The nozzle may have a trigger-lock feature that holds the handle in place while fueling to prevent having to stand and hold it. Once the tank is full, the gas pump will shut off with a click and gas will stop flowing. If you do not intend to completely fill your tank, you will have to watch the pump to see when you have reached the desired dollar amount of gasoline and then release the handle, or stop the automatic flow by pulling up on the handle to release it. Replace the nozzle back on the pump, reattach your fuel filler cap, shut the fuel filler door and you're on the road again.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_7828363_pump...#ixzz2nh1txO9B
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #89
Stecky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Here ya go....lol....

Instructions
    • 1 Choose your pump, drive up beside it and turn off the engine. Be aware of the location of your car's fuel filler port, so that it faces the gas pump. Make sure you are close enough to the pump for the pump's hose to easily reach the fuel filler.

• 2 Open the door to fuel filler, either with a switch on the inside of your car or by whatever method your model of car provides. Unscrew the gas cap and place it in a location where you will remember not to drive away without reattaching it.

• 3 Follow the payment instructions on the gas pump. Today, many stations allow pay-at-the-pump with a credit card, debit card or fuel gift card. If you want to pay the old-fashioned way with cash, you will likely need to go inside the station and pay before fueling. As gas prices have risen, more and more station owners have lost substantial revenue from drive-offs, or people who drive away without paying.

• 4 Choose a grade of gasoline and activate the pump by pushing a button or lifting a handle underneath your choice. There are generally three grades available in most states: regular, midgrade and premium. The regular unleaded gas will be the least expensive, and premium will cost the most. Some pumps have a diesel fuel option beside the gasoline. Make sure you do not put diesel fuel in a gas-powered engine. A mechanic will have to drain the tank and and the diesel could prevent the engine from starting and cause internal damage.

• 5 Remove the nozzle from the pump and insert it into the fuel filler opening. Pull the handle inside the nozzle upward to release the gas into your tank. The nozzle may have a trigger-lock feature that holds the handle in place while fueling to prevent having to stand and hold it. Once the tank is full, the gas pump will shut off with a click and gas will stop flowing. If you do not intend to completely fill your tank, you will have to watch the pump to see when you have reached the desired dollar amount of gasoline and then release the handle, or stop the automatic flow by pulling up on the handle to release it. Replace the nozzle back on the pump, reattach your fuel filler cap, shut the fuel filler door and you're on the road again.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_7828363_pump...#ixzz2nh1txO9B
Looks you you put a stop all that.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:37 AM   #90
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
OP, I feel your pain. Here is some advice:

Pull into the gas station. Pull up to the pump and stop within a reasonable distance so the hose will reach your gas filler door. Put the car in park (if auto) or 1st gear (if manual). Apply parking brake. Turn car off. Take keys out of ignition. Open the car door. Step out of the car and stand up. Close the car door after you've moved your body out of the way of the door. Walk to the gas filler door. Push on it slightly to open it. Then open it completely. Tell the gas attendant the amount of gas you want in dollars. Take the nozzle and insert it into the filler. Pull up on the handle to begin pumping gas. That should do it.

Hopefully we can get a sticky on how to properly fill our gas tanks. And one on windshield washer level indicators.
Greatest post ever!

But what do I do once I've completed pumping? <------completed pumping!!!

Last edited by Msmall143; 12-28-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #91
Stecky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
Greatest post ever!

But what do I do once I've completed pumping?
Thaaat what she said

Wipe it off!!!!
Old 12-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #92
BigNate

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Supercharged
I wedge an empty .270 short mag shell under the gas handle. I fits perfectly and it is secure. Never had one fall out yet....
Old 01-12-2014, 06:29 AM   #93
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Some states have laws against you filling your own tank. The firsty time a guy came to fill onr of my Harleys, he saw I was wearing MC colors and handed me the nozzle and waited until I was through. He was scared as hell to even think of touching my scoot.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:17 PM   #94
Stecky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post
Some states have laws against you filling your own tank. The firsty time a guy came to fill onr of my Harleys, he saw I was wearing MC colors and handed me the nozzle and waited until I was through. He was scared as hell to even think of touching my scoot.

He was scared as hell to even think of touching my scoot.

That what she said!