Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-01-2010, 08:28 AM   #15
'69 Maro Man

Drives: 1969 Camaro
POR-15 trunk and floor

Here are the pics of the completed floor and trunk treatment with POR-15. I still have half a pint left for the next project. Also, 3/4 of metal ready left over and half of marine clean. Today I'm going to fit/trim the molded carpet and glue dampening pads. Unfortunately I tossed the old carpet before I could trace the outline and holes onto the new rug. Anyone else do this Homer?

Anyhow, I plan on partially install the bolts so they stick out making it easier to find the holes for cutting the carpet. Or is there a better way to find the holes? I did take pics of the old carpet still in car so this will help with cutting the front piece to accomodate the shifter.

More pics to come of the carpet install.
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #16
ChevyThunder

Drives: pinto
Wow... your floors looked so nice the way they were... did you spray over the factory grease pen marking on the top of your seat brace denoting an X11 car "X1" ?

The factory Jut padding is obviously not the best stuff but I left it in my very original first gens... I did Dynamat my driver and my restored Z including a double portion on the hump ... On the car I restored I used Dynamat on the roof.

In my driver you used to not be able to talk on the cell phone.. no way no how.. with the Dynamat it is much more quiet.

ChevyThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #17
Rcamaro
drive hard

Drives: 2nd Gen Camaro
absolutely pristine camaro you have there

I was going to recommend por15 also because i have had great luck with it as well on my own project in the past. Thats going to be one heck of a ride.

As far as sound deadening I was going to recommend a general roof patch material you can get at a supply store, because you can get a boat load of it for cheap and double up if you need to in certain areas. It is the same stuff as the dynamat only its not synthetic so you get a little of that asphault smell in the summer days until it airs out. Dynamat is great also and for a car that you intent to keep forever dropping the dough on it makes sense.

good luck with everything, looks great so far
Rcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:12 AM   #18
ChevyThunder

Drives: pinto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcamaro View Post
absolutely pristine camaro you have there

I was going to recommend por15 also because i have had great luck with it as well on my own project in the past. Thats going to be one heck of a ride.

As far as sound deadening I was going to recommend a general roof patch material you can get at a supply store, because you can get a boat load of it for cheap and double up if you need to in certain areas. It is the same stuff as the dynamat only its not synthetic so you get a little of that asphault smell in the summer days until it airs out. Dynamat is great also and for a car that you intent to keep forever dropping the dough on it makes sense.

good luck with everything, looks great so far
There are a lot of comprehensive threads on Lateral-G and Protour.com as to why NOT to use that product. Roofing material that is...
ChevyThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:19 AM   #19
'69 Maro Man

Lay that Carpet!

The molded carpet from Classic Ind. was not that complicated and made my first rug upgrade a breeze! I just took my time and trimmed a little at a time until it was perfect.

The back piece on the sides where it tucks under the door sills and rear panel. The front section was more involved. Like the factory install, I split the entire front section in half over the hump. Then I trimmed the section along the firewall on both sides. Afterwards I focused on the hole between the 2 front sections for the shifter. The final section of trimming was along the kick panels. Then I could cut the hole for the dimmer switch and insert the circular plastic trim.

Next step will involve cutting the holes in the back section for the seat bolts, seatbelts and console!
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2010, 05:18 AM   #20
'69 Maro Man

X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyThunder View Post
Wow... your floors looked so nice the way they were... did you spray over the factory grease pen marking on the top of your seat brace denoting an X11 car "X1" ?

The factory Jut padding is obviously not the best stuff but I left it in my very original first gens... I did Dynamat my driver and my restored Z including a double portion on the hump ... On the car I restored I used Dynamat on the roof.

In my driver you used to not be able to talk on the cell phone.. no way no how.. with the Dynamat it is much more quiet.

Thanks for explaining the meaning of the "X1". While cleaning the old foam from the seat brace I accidently removed the "X1" grease pen marking. DUH!
BTW....is that a pic of your COPO covered in Dynamat? Awesome restoration!
Old 03-19-2010, 08:32 PM   #21
Joe in T.O.

Drives: 1970 GTO Ragtop
That turned out amazing. This is the next step to putting my 1970 GTO convertible. back together.
Joe in T.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:19 PM   #22
'69 Maro Man

Thanks Joe! I need to post more pics of the re-install of the seats.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:23 PM   #23
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Spray it with a product called "Metal Ready" to neutralize the surface rust. Then paint the floors with a product called POR-15. It is a epoxy paint, goes on easy with a typical paint brush. Both products are from the same company.

http://www.por15.com/
Love these products as well.

Progress looks great! Keep it up!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:45 PM   #24
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
turned out great .
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote