Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-23-2012, 02:20 AM   #1
Eaglerulez

Drives: V6 LS
New Camaro driving a little harshly?

Hi everyone.

I just bought a brand new 2012 V6 LS last week and have been absolutely loving the car so far.

Today I was driving on a road that I use daily and felt like my Camaro was just driving poorly. Every little inconsistency in the road was transmitted to my seat and at the end of the ride I just felt a little beat up at the end.

My car only has 600 miles on it and I wasn't necessarily driving it fast or anything, so I am a little confused as to what is causing this.

When I first got the car the one thing that I loved was how smooth the ride quality was. Now obviously this is a muscle car so I'm not looking for some luxury sedan floating on a cloud feel, but on this drive home the car just felt way rougher than it should have.

Does anyone know what's up?
Eaglerulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:06 AM   #2
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
I feel that too on some roads. Roads that are real wavy really throw the car around. Nice flat pothole free roads are a dream to ride on! I think your case is normal.
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:32 AM   #3
Alex

Drives: 2011 Camaro Silver Ice
I don't know but that sounds about right. Just like pincoin said.
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:21 AM   #4
Chiefish

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Some times it makes a difference depending on if you have a full gas tank or an almost empty tank. I know I can feel the difference pretty big.
Chiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
I think it's normal. I'm sure the suspension is tuned for handling, not smooth ride.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:05 AM   #6
caddycruiser

Drives: Demo's
Tire pressure is worth checking. Especially with higher temps, either if or if not the pressure was also raised by the dealer in prep, this makes a difference in ride for sure.
caddycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #7
Eaglerulez

Drives: V6 LS
Okay, thanks for letting me know guys I appreciate it ^_^
Eaglerulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddycruiser View Post
Tire pressure is worth checking. Especially with higher temps, either if or if not the pressure was also raised by the dealer in prep, this makes a difference in ride for sure.
Definitely worth a check. Tire pressure can definitely affect ride quality. The higher the pressure, the stiffer the ride...

Also, your seat adjustment might be worth a gander as well. Make sure you're absolutely comfortable and that your weight is evenly (comfortably) distributed.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #9
amz
Factory Correct

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Tire pressure.
Some cars are sensitive to the proper tire pressure.
amz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Eaglerulez, CONGRATS on the new ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 06-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #11
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
depends what car you came from. I have an SS and it feels like a cloud compared to my old 4th gen camaro.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:34 PM   #12
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglerulez View Post
Hi everyone.

I just bought a brand new 2012 V6 LS last week and have been absolutely loving the car so far.

Today I was driving on a road that I use daily and felt like my Camaro was just driving poorly. Every little inconsistency in the road was transmitted to my seat and at the end of the ride I just felt a little beat up at the end.

My car only has 600 miles on it and I wasn't necessarily driving it fast or anything, so I am a little confused as to what is causing this.

When I first got the car the one thing that I loved was how smooth the ride quality was. Now obviously this is a muscle car so I'm not looking for some luxury sedan floating on a cloud feel, but on this drive home the car just felt way rougher than it should have.

These cars transmit every imperfection in the pavement right to your spine. It can be a buttery smooth ride on a nice blacktop road, or it can beat you to death Corvette-style on a bumpy county road.

It takes some getting used to, but I believe your car is just like all of the other Camaros.
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:26 AM   #13
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglerulez View Post
Hi everyone.

I apologize for the dissatisfaction that you have when you were driving your Camaro home. What may be best is to contact your local dealership and get a proper diagnosis if you feel like there is a concern. They should be able to diagnose this for you.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer service