Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-25-2015, 03:54 PM   #1
QmaroSS
No regrets the red one!

Drives: 2012 Victory Red 2SS
Brembo Caliper Bolts

I could swear that I read in a thread here on Camaro5 that the Brembo Caliper Bolts need replaced once the calipers are removed during maintenance? I cannot find the thread I saw this in, so can anyone confirm this for me?

StainlessWorks LT (JetHot Coating) + HFC + Performance Connect, 3" SW Retro Cat-back, Roto-Fab CF CAI, Bo White PO TB, R1Concepts Drilled-Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads, AirLift Performance 3H suspension, MPD1 Rear Spoiler, Heritage Grill w/ Red SS Sparks Emblem, SLP Front Splitter, NightOwl V2 Halo Kit, Roto-Fab Red Engine cover w/ CF Plenum & Fuse Box Cover

QmaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 04:39 PM   #2
Synner

Drives: cars
They're torque to yield bolts but many people have used blue loctite instead of replacing.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 04:58 PM   #3
QmaroSS
No regrets the red one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
They're torque to yield bolts but many people have used blue loctite instead of replacing.
Ahh! Ok, I was beginning think I hadn't actually read that. So, I do need to replace them. I guess the blue Loctite is an option as well. I appreciate the information Synner, thanks.

StainlessWorks LT (JetHot Coating) + HFC + Performance Connect, 3" SW Retro Cat-back, Roto-Fab CF CAI, Bo White PO TB, R1Concepts Drilled-Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads, AirLift Performance 3H suspension, MPD1 Rear Spoiler, Heritage Grill w/ Red SS Sparks Emblem, SLP Front Splitter, NightOwl V2 Halo Kit, Roto-Fab Red Engine cover w/ CF Plenum & Fuse Box Cover

Old 12-26-2015, 12:34 AM   #4
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
It kills me every time I read one of these post....

You'll spend $$$$ on mods for your car but you don't want to spend $8 to replace the caliper bolts that hold your brake calipers on and help stop your car......

I don't get it.....
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 08:49 AM   #5
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I've had my calipers off tons of times, still using my factory bolts. As long as the threads look ok and uniform and they don't look streched then I'm fine with them.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #6
QmaroSS
No regrets the red one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
It kills me every time I read one of these post....

You'll spend $$$$ on mods for your car but you don't want to spend $8 to replace the caliper bolts that hold your brake calipers on and help stop your car......

I don't get it.....
No, I never said that I wouldn't replace them. I hadn't realized that blue Loctite was an option but I plan to actually replace the bolts. I agree with you, that safety is far more important.

Old 12-29-2015, 04:34 PM   #7
rockrau

Drives: 2010 2ss red LS3
Bolts are Torque To Yield, meaning when they are properly tightened to specification it is also their yield point(stretched) never able to be stretched again....becoming worthless!
Pedders Pace Car Kit with ZL1 sway bar conversion & camber bolt kit.Lowered 1.5". 1LE tires & wheels. CAI air intake. Anvil CF rear spoiler.MGW shifter. 1 7/8" Kooks LT headers & HF cats.V-Max ported TB. Tuned.
rockrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 10:54 PM   #8
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
30ftlbs +90deg for SS
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:10 AM   #9
GRNFLSH

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS Green Flash Edition
Stupid application for torque to yield. I'm surprised that ARP hasn't jumped on this yet.
GRNFLSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:26 AM   #10
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
ya i wish
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote