Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #43
Latibb

Drives: 2ss
fog lights

Funny so many people had the same question. ! I just traded my 2010 2LT for a 2013 2SS and I had that fog light option on that car so I assumed.....this one had the same option LOL.... Glad Im not alone here !!! I will say WOW what a difference in the 2 cars ! I soooooooooooo love my SS
Latibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:28 AM   #44
canuk ss

Drives: 2010 ss
2010 ss fog lamp switch

I replace the headlamp switch with a factory headlamp switch equipped with the fog lamp push on / off. How do I update the software for the computer to turn the fog lamps on / off?
canuk ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:59 AM   #45
Algeron

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible, 1998 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamoose View Post
OK - I am pretty self sufficient so it is tough for me to post this, but I cannot find the fog light switch. I just took delivery of my 2SS w/ the RS package over the weekend and hauled ass home to avoid the snow - so I didn't get a tour of the thing at the dealership. I have read other posts about fog lights, but none tell me how to turn the things on or where the switch is. According to the manual, the DRL's take the place of the fog lights - what the hell does that mean??!! I have fog lights on this thing and they aren't wired??!! My switch has four options from left to right: OFF (to the far left), AUTO, Running Lights, Head Lights. No fog light option anywhere and they don't come on with the running lights or head lights. Is it possible that the factory put the wrong switch in this thing???
I have to admit, I first drove a 1SS, then a 2SS a few weeks later. I was wondering the same thing. When I asked the salesperson, he did not know either. When I got home, I started searching the net for answers and I found camaro5.com for the first time.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #46
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuk ss View Post
I replace the headlamp switch with a factory headlamp switch equipped with the fog lamp push on / off. How do I update the software for the computer to turn the fog lamps on / off?
You cant, there are no wires from the fuse block to the light to make it work.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote