Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #2269
1FINE 69

Drives: 2010 synergy green and a 1991 rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjosebmx View Post
Hello...

New member here, just bought (my wife) a 2011 SGC 2SS / RS.

Love the car...bought it local in CA with just over 8,500 miles (certified used car).

Funny because the dealer website and all the advertising said it had 24,001 miles..but when we were writing it up (we kept the same internet pricing) the error was discovered.. in my favor so I'm not broken hearted about that!

Anyway..loving the car..will post up pics soon
Welcome
Old 02-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #2270
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Welcome sanjosebmx! If you're on facebook, check out the Synergy Green Camaro page too.

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #2271
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
Welcome sanjosebmx! If you're on facebook, check out the Synergy Green Camaro page too.
quick question envy.
in your avatar is that a custom plate neon light ?
Old 02-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #2272
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

when to a photo shoot this past weekend.
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #2273
sanjosebmx

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Quote:
I have / did....great info thanks!!
sanjosebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #2274
wadew2lt
U.S. Army Veteran

Drives: 2LT/RS SGM M6 Polished 20's
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post

I really like how all those colors BOUNCE off your SGM. Great shot.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #2275
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Drives: Camaro ZLS [COTW 09/22/14]
Quote:

i like this shot..
A_DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #2276
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Thanks guys !
Old 02-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #2277
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Quote:
quick question envy.
in your avatar is that a custom plate neon light ?
Nice pics!

Aftermarket yes, custom no. Genuine JC Whitney part!

Name:  user46899_pic70841_1325390094.jpg
Views: 1759
Size:  89.6 KB

Name:  user46899_pic70840_1325389636.jpg
Views: 1809
Size:  73.7 KB

Tried to find a pic of what it looks like in the daytime. This was the closest I could come. Ice not included.

Name:  user46899_pic76353_1331367005.jpg
Views: 1754
Size:  167.6 KB

Here's one from better weather. Doesn't show the whole thing though. (Wife did the bowtie color.)

Name:  User bowtie.jpg
Views: 1765
Size:  71.1 KB

It's cheap, ($20) but it looks pretty cool when it's lit. I had to modify it a little to get it to fit. The wire coming out the back had one of those stiffening grommets that prevents the wire from bending. Had to carefully cut that away to get the frame to lie flat. Other than that it was easy. I installed the whole thing with an illuminated switch, and never had to drill a single hole. I don't use it on the road, because I don't want to give the cops any reason to pull me over. I just use it during cruises and in parking lots. Usually I use it in conjunction with my underhood bowtie and fog halo's (which are custom.)

Here's a link. I guess the price has gone up a little since I bought mine. Look up "Plasmaglow" on Amazon; maybe you can find it cheaper. By the way, they come in just about every color:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/neon-licens.../p2022018.jcwx

Old 02-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #2278
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Quote:
Nice pics!

Aftermarket yes, custom no. Genuine JC Whitney part!

Attachment 470290

Attachment 470291

Tried to find a pic of what it looks like in the daytime. This was the closest I could come. Ice not included.

Attachment 470292

Here's one from better weather. Doesn't show the whole thing though. (Wife did the bowtie color.)

Attachment 470293

It's cheap, ($20) but it looks pretty cool when it's lit. I had to modify it a little to get it to fit. The wire coming out the back had one of those stiffening grommets that prevents the wire from bending. Had to carefully cut that away to get the frame to lie flat. Other than that it was easy. I installed the whole thing with an illuminated switch, and never had to drill a single hole. I don't use it on the road, because I don't want to give the cops any reason to pull me over. I just use it during cruises and in parking lots. Usually I use it in conjunction with my underhood bowtie and fog halo's (which are custom.)

Here's a link. I guess the price has gone up a little since I bought mine. Look up "Plasmaglow" on Amazon; maybe you can find it cheaper. By the way, they come in just about every color:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/neon-licens.../p2022018.jcwx
Wow man that's awesome! I want to look into it further to add it to mine.
What customization did you do to your fogs ?
Old 02-07-2013, 12:25 AM   #2279
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Quote:
Wow man that's awesome! I want to look into it further to add it to mine.
What customization did you do to your fogs ?
Let me know if you need any pointers on the wiring. The fog halo's are made from EL wire. It's easy stuff to work with, but it's not as bright as neon. Looks great at night, but you can't see it in the day. (Although they are a cool fluorescent green that has an nice glow of it's own in the sun.) Here's what they looked like before I installed them:

Unlit
Name:  Halo 04.jpg
Views: 1665
Size:  83.8 KB

Lit
Name:  Halo 05.jpg
Views: 1599
Size:  68.1 KB

On the car
Name:  Halo 01.jpg
Views: 2195
Size:  149.9 KB

Both the halos and bowtie are run from the same inverter, which is controlled by an inexpensive remote control module I bought on Amazon. Once again- no drilling required!

After designing these and installing them I discovered that my Synergy was something of an anomaly among Camaros. The fog light housings (DRL if you have an RS.) sit back in the bezels about a quarter inch. The resulting gap forms a groove that the EL wire, which is flexible, fits in perfectly. There are no fasteners on my halos: They seat in just like an O ring. Every other Camaro I have looked at since, does not have this gap. The housing butts up flush against the bezel. I have no explanation. But it has hindered any requests I've had to install them on other's cars. I'll have to take one apart to figure it out someday. Otherwise, I've been wracking my brains to figure out an alternative way to mount them for other people.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #2280
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Quote:
Let me know if you need any pointers on the wiring. The fog halo's are made from EL wire. It's easy stuff to work with, but it's not as bright as neon. Looks great at night, but you can't see it in the day. (Although they are a cool fluorescent green that has an nice glow of it's own in the sun.) Here's what they looked like before I installed them:

Unlit
Attachment 470382

Lit
Attachment 470383

On the car
Attachment 470384

Both the halos and bowtie are run from the same inverter, which is controlled by an inexpensive remote control module I bought on Amazon. Once again- no drilling required!

After designing these and installing them I discovered that my Synergy was something of an anomaly among Camaros. The fog light housings (DRL if you have an RS.) sit back in the bezels about a quarter inch. The resulting gap forms a groove that the EL wire, which is flexible, fits in perfectly. There are no fasteners on my halos: They seat in just like an O ring. Every other Camaro I have looked at since, does not have this gap. The housing butts up flush against the bezel. I have no explanation. But it has hindered any requests I've had to install them on other's cars. I'll have to take one apart to figure it out someday. Otherwise, I've been wracking my brains to figure out an alternative way to mount them for other people.
Damn dude that's awesome. That's an awesome idea. Love how it isn't an overwhelming brightness.
The solid lights looks awesome and could be paired with the JDP halo kit.

I hate that the AAC lights are single LEDs one breaks and your screwed.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #2281
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

I never much liked the "beads on a string" look of the LED rings, even though they are brighter. The halos were one of my favorite feature of the 5th gen, so you can imagine my disappointment when I discovered my 2010 Synergy Edition came without them. I so wanted colored halos, and if I'd had halos to begin with, I probably would have changed out the stock LEDs on my own a long time ago. Making the fog halos was a way of bringing some color to the front without a big expense. I was finally able to afford a pair of Eagle Eyes, which was a cheaper way of getting RS style halos, but the halo rings in the EEs are CCFL and a smaller diameter. Now I have to figure out how to make the rings change color. I'm sure I can do it, I just have to get to them.
The other thing that didn't thrill me about the LED rings for the fogs was the video that showed how they were installed. I didn't relish the idea of cutting the housings in half with a band saw, and then gluing them back together with silicone sealant like an aquarium. My only regret is that mine aren't as bright as the LEDs.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #2282
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Here are some pictures of mine in action