Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-27-2015, 03:10 PM   #1
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
AirLift Problems. Need Help!

So I installed my AirLift Kit w/ Autopilot V1 (the 1st gen version with the big grey controller) and am having a couple problems with it.

1) I know the newer versions have ways you can adjust the damper of the struts with a knob at the top of each strut, but I don't see how I can do that with my setup. This is a huge problem for me because the suspension is INSANELY stiff right now. I have the bags lifted all the way up because otherwise every imperfection in the road causes the car to bounce violently.
I also dont have those notches in the middle of the struts that allow you to change the height with a big wrench.

2) Anytime I hit a decent size pothole, the camaro's display shows "Stabilitrack needs Servicing. Engine Power is Reduced", and the car feels as if it is running on one or two cylinders. This happens once a day and I just have to pull over to turn the car off and on and try to avoid potholes the rest of the trip.

This is the kit I got (Note: I didn't actually buy from Texas Speed; they are just the only place I found that are still selling the 1st gen)
http://www.texas-speed.com/p-3006-ai...nsion-kit.aspx

Any help would be VERY MUCH appreciated. Thanks guys
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:06 AM   #2
tooheysmax

Drives: Black 2SS RS
I had to tighten the nut that the top of the strut that is attached to the camber plate you need a allen socket and have to remove the top nut and tighten the second nut it will probably tighten about 2\3 of a turn and will get rid of the clunking noise. It took me about 2 weeks to figure this out and didnt happen until about 5 months after install found out about this on a vw forum.
tooheysmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:51 PM   #3
djrasras

Thanks for the tip. I actually called AirLift again and talked to someone really knowledgeable who was able to tell me that I installed the rear top brackets upside down (surprised the bolts even lined up lol).

Unfortunately I still have the "Stabilitrack needs Servicing" message, and Chevy told me they won't look at the car because of the mods I have.
AirLift Air Suspension, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers + Hi-Flo Cats, Resonated X-Pipe, MRT V2 Mufflers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, Barton Short Throw Shifter, CAI Intake + Air Scoop
Old 09-09-2015, 12:06 PM   #4
Jeremy@AirLift

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Did you purchase the system used? It sounds like you may have an older setup.
Jeremy@AirLift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:32 AM   #5
djrasras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy@AirLift View Post
Did you purchase the system used? It sounds like you may have an older setup.
Yes, I bought it off another c5 member who said he was one of the first people to get fitted with version 1 of this kit
Old 09-15-2015, 08:16 AM   #6
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White
what psi are you driving at? sounds like you are driving it very high which will cause the very bumpy ride. As for the warning light, check your electrical connections. Perhaps something was disconnected or not connected back all the way on installation.

--John--2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, Summit White
Air Ride Suspension, BBK Longtube Headers, Hi-Flo cats, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Elite Catch-Can, Airraid CAI, Trifecta tune, ZL1 front end with Phantom grille, ZL1 side skirts, MRR228 graphite wheels
JCO2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 12:54 PM   #7
Jeremy@AirLift

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I agree with JCO2185 sounds like way too much air. What are your settings?
Jeremy@AirLift is offline   Reply With Quote