Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-10-2015, 08:11 PM   #1
Daxal84

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS AGP Twin Turbo
Air Ride Suspension and Tire Rub

Just like the title says, it seems my tires are rubbing the bags in the front on my air ride suspension. I'm riding at 45psi in the front with stock wheels. Do you think Hub Centric wheel spacers would help this out? I don't think i can push the rim and tire out much further with out having the fender sit on the tire when it's dropped all the way down. Any suggestions would be great thanks.
Daxal84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:37 PM   #2
kyle@ridetech.com

Drives: 1969 SS/RS Camaro
What's your alignment set at?
kyle@ridetech.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 05:05 PM   #3
Daxal84

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS AGP Twin Turbo
I'm getting the car realigned and re-timing the bushing this weekend. From what I can tell it looks like the alignment shop I went to before never set the camber at the camber plates, since it was set exactly the same from how I original set it up. I'm going to a different shop this time.

For now I've set the camber at the plates all the way towards the engine then set the camber at the wheel all the way out away from the car. It's not my DD so I won't be driving it till it gets aligned.

I'm also going to set it up to drive a little higher than I was. I originally had it set at 45psi in the front and 60psi in the back. This was almost a 1.5" drop all the way around. I now have it set at 60psi in the front now and 80psi in the back, which is basically stock height. I do find the ride at this height to be pretty stiff and I'm hoping with re-timing the bushing, some of this will go away. Am I wrong to think this will happen? I kept the shocks at the height they were set up in the factory. Should I make them longer so the PSI isn't set so high? Any help is really appreciated.

I'm trying stick some what around stock ride height so that I don't change the geometry of the drive train to much because of the extra power from the Twin Turbos now. Would this be a correct statement? I feel it goes back and forth on the forums a bit.

I know this doesn't answer your questions. I think i still have the alignment sheet in the car. I'll look for it.
Daxal84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:08 AM   #4
JCO2185
RIDING ON AIR

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White
The bags should not be rubbing no matter what height you drive at. Definitely mess with the camber plates and see if that helps. Otherwise something is off. The bags should have free range of movement without anything rubbing from being deflated to fully inflated.

--John--2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, Summit White
Air Ride Suspension, BBK Longtube Headers, Hi-Flo cats, Doug Thorley catback exhaust, Elite Catch-Can, Airraid CAI, Trifecta tune, ZL1 front end with Phantom grille, ZL1 side skirts, MRR228 graphite wheels
JCO2185 is offline   Reply With Quote