Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-14-2010, 10:29 AM   #505
tclancy

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Dealer says GM told them there's no such radio upgrade. Currently sitting at CC with iPhone issues and some crackling in the speakers. Unhappy. I sent the dealer this forum with some highlighted links, a couple of the part #s, etc. No joy.
tclancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:33 PM   #506
dr1ven

Drives: '10 CGM
thx

1100: 09/1/09
3800: 12/18/09
Picked Up at the Dealership: 1/4/10

dr1ven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:29 AM   #507
The Jerk
Here but not really here.

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to The Jerk Send a message via MSN to The Jerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by suns131 View Post
I have my zune hooked up through the usb and everything works fine except my playlist. the option comes up on the radio screen but when i press select nothing happens. has anyone else had this problem?
Have you let your zune index itself prior to trying to access the zune's playlist? FYI you cant access the zune controls on its screen but only the dashboard's controls to operate the Zune.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #508
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
The only problem i have with the itouch hooked up is that when i go to albums.. every artist even metallica has "Akon" and in the albums list.. on every artist. like its hung up on the first artist in my touch... Ideas?
Old 04-16-2010, 10:50 AM   #509
EvoWake
SSTOCK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
^^^ same thing I noticed on the one I test drove!

EvoWake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:06 PM   #510
sstphoenix

Drives: Black 2LT RS 5th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
The only problem i have with the itouch hooked up is that when i go to albums.. every artist even metallica has "Akon" and in the albums list.. on every artist. like its hung up on the first artist in my touch... Ideas?
thats the issue im having.
i want it fixed before i get into an accident one day from spending too much time looking for a song. im careful on the road, but still... i shouldnt have to be playing with it.

i got the update, n it didnt fix the issue.

heres a workaround: go into the album or whatever, if its not showing properly, press back and go back in, rinse n repeat (usually by 3rd time max its showing me what i wanna see)
sstphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:07 PM   #511
sstphoenix

what id like to know is how many of us are having this issue?
i seen so many posts, but i cant keep track.

if an admin could run a poll it would be awesome info most of us would like to know.

- are you or have you been affected by the pdim bug? yes/no
- has it been resolved? yes/no
Old 04-23-2010, 08:14 AM   #512
Jodeus
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2010 Camaro Synergy Green
Picked up my Synergy Green Camaro on Wednesday and had read through this whole thread prior to picking up the car. I have a Zune 120gb that has 14,000 files on it. So i plugged it in and after the initial indexing i was expecting to not get past the letter G or H when searching by Artist. I was suddenly surprised to see it went all the way to Z!

Then I started playing a cd and found that every CD has between 1 and 3 songs listed!

Oh well, guess i'll just use the AUX input.

-Jody
Jodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:57 PM   #513
sstphoenix

this isnt extremely useful info, but i saw it so ill mention it.

apparently all iphones are supported by GM in "airplane mode" which is when we turn off the antenna.

since i got the latest pdim update, the radio has been much worse.
i get "lag" between changing songs and doing searches.
my phone has "locked" ver often where the radio is sort of stuck at the "phoenix's iphone" screen and wont change.

for fun during one of the locks, i put the phone into airplane mode.
it was recognized by the car and began working again. 5 songs later, it locked and nothing would get it working again. when i connected the phone while the radio was locked, i got a msg on the phone saying "this device is not supported by iphone".
When this happens it seems the only way to get the radio to work with the iphone again is to turn off the car and wait a fairly long time. I tried 5 mins and that wasnt long enough. But 4 hours is. So how long you need to let your car turned off before it will work again is still beyond me.

the fact that the newest update made the pdim worse means its definately a software issue. so i doubt ill be happy after they replace the pdim next week, since i doubt itll fix it.

a LOT of other cars dont have this issue. i would think if chevy's software programmers aren't able to find a solution, maybe they should outsource.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #514
tclancy

only way to get the radio to work with the iphone again is to turn off the car and wait a fairly long time.

Think I saw in this thread or somewhere else the way to reset the phone/ car interface is to turn the car off and open the driver's side door.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #515
convert

Drives: the Camaro as often as possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstphoenix View Post
this isnt extremely useful info, but i saw it so ill mention it.

apparently all iphones are supported by GM in "airplane mode" which is when we turn off the antenna.

since i got the latest pdim update, the radio has been much worse.
i get "lag" between changing songs and doing searches.
my phone has "locked" ver often where the radio is sort of stuck at the "phoenix's iphone" screen and wont change.

for fun during one of the locks, i put the phone into airplane mode.
it was recognized by the car and began working again. 5 songs later, it locked and nothing would get it working again. when i connected the phone while the radio was locked, i got a msg on the phone saying "this device is not supported by iphone".
When this happens it seems the only way to get the radio to work with the iphone again is to turn off the car and wait a fairly long time. I tried 5 mins and that wasnt long enough. But 4 hours is. So how long you need to let your car turned off before it will work again is still beyond me.

the fact that the newest update made the pdim worse means its definately a software issue. so i doubt ill be happy after they replace the pdim next week, since i doubt itll fix it.

a LOT of other cars dont have this issue. i would think if chevy's software programmers aren't able to find a solution, maybe they should outsource.
I took mine into the dealership a few weeks ago to see if they could fix the issue. They returned it to me having made no changes. They said I have the latest already (HW CC, SW CE) so there was nothing they could update.

They also gave me a printout of one of the info bulletins, and it listed most iPods and iPhones as compatible, but the iPod Touch 3G (which I have) was conspicuously absent (I believe the iPhone 3GS was also missing).

So, I'm not sure if it's the 3rd gen iPod/iPhone hardware that is the source of the issue, or if it's the iPhone OS 3.x.

Mine came with 3.1.2 so I can't compare to earlier versions. I did notice the search functions got slower after the 3.1.3 update.

If anybody on here has your iPhone / iPod Touch working in the Camaro without issue, PLEASE post and say what hardware and OS you're using.
convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #516
tclancy

My iPhone (3G, not 3GS) stopped working properly with one of the 3.x updates. Before the update, it was flawless. Since then, the menu searching does not work: you can browse all artists, but once you select an artist, rather than seeing Albums > Tracks, you get a random mix of stuff under the artist: some albums, some tracks, some stuff from other artists. The only thing that works is Play All, so I can still use the shuffle.

I'm assuming one of the 3.x updates changed the layout of the XML/ plist file on the phone and GM hasn't caught up with it yet. Assuming that because the update that broke things happened around the time iTunes when to version 9.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #517
Tigertrj

Drives: White Camaro 2SS/RS
Im tired of these crackling ass speakers
Tigertrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:21 PM   #518
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
My ipod just started working again. It had the problem of not being recognized by the radio. It wouldn't recognize aux or ipod for a while, then it just started working again. In the meantime, the dealer ordered a new PDIM for my car. I wonder if I should bother having him put it in now?
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote