Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-09-2020, 11:41 AM   #29
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Are the 650 750 etc really lumped in with F - series sales? Because according to Ford Authority they do NOT include them

http://fordauthority.com/fmc/ford-mo...sales-numbers/

According to that it only includes F-150,250,350,450

No different than Silverado having 1500-3500 included
Looks like GM splits the Silverado 3 ways: LD for Light Duty (1/2); HD for Heavy Duty (3/4 & 1 ton); and MD for Medium Duty (bizarrely, those are the 4500+ trucks). But even if they were combined, I wouldn't agree with the practice.

And we could both be right, if you can't get buy a F-550 or bigger from Ford with a pickup bed (aftermarket additions don't count, imo). I deliberately said 'with a pickup bed' in my post. And even though I made the statement tongue in cheek, I still wouldn't be surprised to see Ford actually do it. There are probably going to be about as many parts shared between an EcoBoast Mustang and a Mach E as there between an F-150 & an F-450. More than 0, but certainly not enough to be significant.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 01:32 PM   #30
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Looks like GM splits the Silverado 3 ways: LD for Light Duty (1/2); HD for Heavy Duty (3/4 & 1 ton); and MD for Medium Duty (bizarrely, those are the 4500+ trucks). But even if they were combined, I wouldn't agree with the practice.

And we could both be right, if you can't get buy a F-550 or bigger from Ford with a pickup bed (aftermarket additions don't count, imo). I deliberately said 'with a pickup bed' in my post. And even though I made the statement tongue in cheek, I still wouldn't be surprised to see Ford actually do it. There are probably going to be about as many parts shared between an EcoBoast Mustang and a Mach E as there between an F-150 & an F-450. More than 0, but certainly not enough to be significant.
ahhh I got you. I thought you were saying it was bogus that Ford includes 250,350 and 450 and trying to say GM does not do the same for the Silverado/Sierra.

BC the way GM reported the over 800K Silverado/Sierra no way those are just 1500 series
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 02:20 PM   #31
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
ahhh I got you. I thought you were saying it was bogus that Ford includes 250,350 and 450 and trying to say GM does not do the same for the Silverado/Sierra.

BC the way GM reported the over 800K Silverado/Sierra no way those are just 1500 series
Never actually read the press release, I was looking at the sales PDF. But you are right, they did quote 800k+. Going from the sales #'s, it looks like LD Silverado/Sierra total something around 610k. HD's are 200k, give or take. So yeah, that 800k 'Silverado/Sierra' total is all their 1/2+ trucks. With their exact wording, I can see how they get away with it. But I still think doing so is BS.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-09-2020, 06:33 PM   #32
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
When was the last time anyone saw a commercial for the Camaro? In today's world, you just can't count on it selling itself.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 10:33 PM   #33
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
When was the last time anyone saw a commercial for the Camaro? In today's world, you just can't count on it selling itself.
I can't recall seeing any ads for Mustang or Challenger either. Maybe its different in the States where they're common.
Now that I'm thinking about it, I can't remember too many ads for one specific individual model as of late -unless it was for a pickup truck. Few models get their own ad anymore, and TV advertising is worth less and less anyway. Between streaming, DVRs, second-screening, and good old fashioned channel flipping ... TV ads just don't attract that many eyeballs anymore.

And thats assuming there are all that many people who many people who don't know about the Camaro yet might actually want one. For the things that 99% of the population does with its car, the Camaro is objectively a terrible choice (the performance car market is greater than 1%, but thats because enthusiasts aren't making a rational choice). So it'd take one hell of a commercial to convice someone that owns a Rav4 or Accord that the Camaro is actually worth buying.

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 01-09-2020, 10:47 PM   #34
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
Best buying experience I've ever had was with Toyota in Oct 2019 when they were doing clearance for the 2020 models.

We bought a Barcelona Red Tundra Double Cab 6.5ft bed with SR5 and TRD Sport 4x4 packages with all options, 5.7L DOHC Flex Fuel, spray in bed liner, predator tube step, etc.

The truck msrp was almost $47k. Got them down to $39k with $3k customer cash back from Toyota and other discounts. With tax, titles and tags, it ended up $41k out the door.
Because they are ancient. Still extremely reliable and they aren't bad trucks but they are an ancient design by now.

I won't say that they are bad trucks (they aren't of course) just depends on what you want. Overall a good truck for the money if you don't mind an older design.

Same with the Tacoma except it's actually a bad buy with it's trans and engine IMO. And sadly, I am a Toyota guy more than anything else.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 10:51 PM   #35
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
I can't recall seeing any ads for Mustang or Challenger either. Maybe its different in the States where they're common.
There were both Mustang and Challenger ones a few years ago but I'd agree on the last couple of years.. I haven't seen any ads for any of them.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:32 AM   #36
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I see ads for Dodge daily here. I have seen occasional Ford commercials with a Mustang cameo. I've seen commercials for Acura and Toyota performance cars.
I have to hand it to Dodge. Always showing the Challenger and Charger burning rubber, doing donuts. Saw a commercial the other day where they were promoting hp by the dollar.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 09:12 AM   #37
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Now that I'm thinking about it, I can't remember too many ads for one specific individual model as of late -unless it was for a pickup truck. Few models get their own ad anymore, and TV advertising is worth less and less anyway. Between streaming, DVRs, second-screening, and good old fashioned channel flipping ... TV ads just don't attract that many eyeballs anymore.
The last dedicated Camaro only commercial I recall seeing on television (not those ads or videos GM puts online) was for the 5th generation ZL1 Camaro, touting its suspension and handling. I don't remember any for the 6th gen at all. It has been included in several Chevy commercials with other models.

I have certainly seen 2 or 3 Mustang only commercials, and several Challenger/Charger performance commercials in that time.

One quick commercial in 2016 for the 6th gen would have been nice. All it would have needed to do was show some awesome images of the car, the sweet exhaust, and throw up a bunch of stats such as 0 - 60, quarter mile, HP / TQ, and weight loss. Would have been perfect.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:15 AM   #38
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Never actually read the press release, I was looking at the sales PDF. But you are right, they did quote 800k+. Going from the sales #'s, it looks like LD Silverado/Sierra total something around 610k. HD's are 200k, give or take. So yeah, that 800k 'Silverado/Sierra' total is all their 1/2+ trucks. With their exact wording, I can see how they get away with it. But I still think doing so is BS.
I could see why you might think that is BS but it all falls under the nameplate and that is all sales numbers is. I would call it more of a technicality than BS lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:47 AM   #39
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
You know; As I look at the current state of cars today, it actually makes me long for 2011!?! It really wasn't that long ago, but the Camaro revival was at full steam; It wasn't stumbling at all, sales were taking off and there was genuine excitement in our part of the automotive arena with the introduction of the ZL1. It was a really exciting time for me, more so than in 2001 or 2008.

Today as I look at the current state of new cars, I'm left wondering where did all the excitement and imagination go?? It seems that the enthusiasm and content that we had from a short 9 years ago have vanished. All that's left are cookie cutter CUVs and rationalism from the car manufacturers. No more vision, no more content, no more imagination. Its my opinion, but I am left wanting much more today as opposed to 9 years ago.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is online now   Reply With Quote