Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-27-2013, 05:35 AM   #1
BurnSlowly

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT (SIM)
Fuzzy/Weird speaker noise (Video)

Hello I've been experiencing weird noise coming from my driver side speaker.
The noise sounds like a wind breezing into those holes of the speaker or someone blowing to it. It's irritating and I don't know how to fix it.
The noise only comes up when I'm cruising around 20mph and the volume is below 20.
I can't listen to music below 15 because it will make that fuzzy noise. This noise ONLY comes when I'm driving but not in park. I don't know how to explain it to my dealer if the sound doesn't come when it is parked. Also I heard it from my friend in the passenger side asking what was that noise and he could hear it. The windows were up and volume was around 12. Just an irritating wind noise going through my speaker. It wasn't like this before!! (4000+ miles now)

My only solution is I either turn up the volume to 20+ or have the windows down.
I am sure it is the speaker making the noise because I even put my ear to it when I am driving lol. Also even when the radio is off, it still makes the noise. It's just weird and annoying. Please help. Thank you!!

Last edited by BurnSlowly; 01-02-2014 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Added video
BurnSlowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Because you are describing it as only occuring when driving, not in park, it sounds like an issue with a ground loop.
Try putting it in park, turning on the stereo, and hitting the accelrator. does the issue happen then, as the engine is reving or only when physically in motion?
Old 12-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
BurnSlowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
Because you are describing it as only occuring when driving, not in park, it sounds like an issue with a ground loop.
Try putting it in park, turning on the stereo, and hitting the accelrator. does the issue happen then, as the engine is reving or only when physically in motion?
Thanks for the reply but the sound doesn't happen when on park or revving. It's usually when I'm driving around bumpy roads or even flat ground. The sound comes SOMETIMES.. If I'm lucky it wouldn't come up. It's just unpredictable. I tried recording an audio clip but it doesn't sound like it in person. I'll try again.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnSlowly View Post
Hello I've been experiencing weird noise coming from my driver side speaker.
The noise sounds like a wind breezing into those holes of the speaker or someone blowing to it. It's irritating and I don't know how to fix it.
The noise only comes up when I'm cruising around 20mph and the volume is below 20.
I can't listen to music below 15 because it will make that fuzzy noise. This noise ONLY comes when I'm driving but not in park. I don't know how to explain it to my dealer if the sound doesn't come when it is parked. Also I heard it from my friend in the passenger side asking what was that noise and he could hear it. The windows were up and volume was around 12. Just an irritating wind noise going through my speaker. It wasn't like this before!! (4000+ miles now)

My only solution is I either turn up the volume to 20+ or have the windows down.
I am sure it is the speaker making the noise because I even put my ear to it when I am driving lol. Also even when the radio is off, it still makes the noise. It's just weird and annoying. Please help. Thank you!!
I can absolutely understand that a concern that cannot be duplicated at the opportune time would be beyond frustrating and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. With a 2013 model, you are well within your warranties, and we can document that you're experiencing this concern without being able to get an official diagnosis of it. By all means, please be sure to keep us updated on the status of the noise and we'll do everything we can on our end to help if this should become frequent, or otherwise escalates.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
bcasurvey

Drives: sold 2014 2ss rs a6
I had something similar happen to me, I had put some change or screws or something in the opening in the door and it was vibrating, your is probably something else, just saying
bcasurvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:56 PM   #6
BurnSlowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I can absolutely understand that a concern that cannot be duplicated at the opportune time would be beyond frustrating and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. With a 2013 model, you are well within your warranties, and we can document that you're experiencing this concern without being able to get an official diagnosis of it. By all means, please be sure to keep us updated on the status of the noise and we'll do everything we can on our end to help if this should become frequent, or otherwise escalates.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

The description should answer most questions. But here it is. The sound is annoying. Is there anyway to fix this?? Thank you!!
Old 01-02-2014, 10:10 PM   #7
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Bad ground / connection somewhere? Almost sounds like wind noise coming through that area or something.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:54 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnSlowly View Post
The description should answer most questions. But here it is. The sound is annoying. Is there anyway to fix this?? Thank you!!
I certainly appreciate your inquiry. However, we do rely on our dealerships for technical expertise.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote