Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-23-2019, 11:34 PM   #29
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohigh4you View Post
Thanks guys. I am trying to reach the previous owner to understand this. It looks more and more like the front bumper has been replaced, because I do not see any holes in the bottom of the front clip. My "smells fishy" detector is going off. Plus, buying this car sight unseen is scary. But dang...2884 miles...............Car fax is clean, but random check of their other used cars, shows no damage either. Wondering if North Dakota doesnt report?
Be wary of CarFax. I’ve found Autocheck to be a bit more thorough.
You can purchase reports on eBay for $2-$3 bucks, possibly even cheaper.
CarFax will only show what the owners have reported. If there was damage, and the previous owner repaired it themselves, it won’t show on CarFax.

I owned vehicles in the past that showed a clean CarFax, but had suffered frame damage from a front end collision.

It’s possible it won’t show on Autocheck either, but having both reports will help you compare.

Do you have the ability to hire someone to perform a pre-sale inspection?

I’d be VERY hesitant on purchasing a car sight unseen.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:39 PM   #30
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
If the 1LE has the ‘RS’ trim, the SS will be red.
Old 11-24-2019, 07:28 PM   #31
RaycinSS

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyestick View Post
If the 1LE has the ‘RS’ trim, the SS will be red.
Absolutely correct. The color inside the SS emblems is white on the Non RS cars.

This car is nothing to be scared of. Others have already noted that the splitter and oil separators were left in the cars and dealer installed along with the performance pedal kits that were an option. Many times these items disappeared and most folks including the sales personnel didn't even know it. This happened on my 2014 that I bought new. There were some people that purchased these cars not knowing what a 1LE was and just thought the black wheels were an upgrade and an appearance package. I bought my 2015 with 2500 miles on it from a person who was totally unaware of the 1LE package they just wanted black wheels and it was the only one on the lot!
RaycinSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:07 PM   #32
Tohigh4you

Drives: 2015 1LE (Sold July '21), 1973 K5
Hi All...update.
I drove a brand new 2019 1le today and my kiddo said the back seat wasnt as comfortable as the 2015. Soooo I called the dealer that had the one in this thread and we settled on a price that made it right, imo. I am going to run the vin via autocheck, as suggested, but also spoke to the original owner and he confirmed no history.
Tohigh4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:46 PM   #33
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Hi All...update.
I drove a brand new 2019 1le today and my kiddo said the back seat wasnt as comfortable as the 2015. Soooo I called the dealer that had the one in this thread and we settled on a price that made it right, imo. I am going to run the vin via autocheck, as suggested, but also spoke to the original owner and he confirmed no history.
What did he have to say about the missing front splitter?
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:08 PM   #34
Tohigh4you

owner said it wasnt with car or installed........I ran carfax and autocheck and vin through GM....no issues or history, which seems to back up the owner, who told me he just parked it indoors except a few months in the summer
Old 11-26-2019, 09:18 PM   #35
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
owner said it wasnt with car or installed........I ran carfax and autocheck and vin through GM....no issues or history, which seems to back up the owner, who told me he just parked it indoors except a few months in the summer
Congrats man and be sure to post some pictures and updates down the road.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 03:59 PM   #36
Tohigh4you

Thanks Im stoked......$25K for a 2,884 miles 2015 1le in the correct color (Red Hot).