Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 02-05-2008, 09:15 PM   #57
Raven

Drives: 2001 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
And, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! Sorry we couldn't make it up. I really hope ya'll had a blast!
Thanks, man! We did miss you, but we survived. You WILL have to make one of our parties one of these days tho.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:04 AM   #58
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Quote:
Yep!!! I can finally get that "A" in there so people don't look at me funny asking what "TG" means...lol.

We already have the 7 digit plates on our newest patrol cars and I'm thinking it's just a matter of time before they HAVE to go to 7 for everyone else.

Pretty sure I'll keep the current plates (adding an A) if nothing else REALLY strikes me. VERY COOL. Love the news.

And, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! Sorry we couldn't make it up. I really hope ya'll had a blast!
NOT IF I STEAL YOUR "TAG UR IT" PLATES FIRST. Haha kidding. Custom plates would be cool however.. I voted for "New Texas".

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:25 AM   #59
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
NOT IF I STEAL YOUR "TAG UR IT" PLATES FIRST. Haha kidding. Custom plates would be cool however.. I voted for "New Texas".
Now I WILL hunt you down and find you if you pulled that crap!!!
I know you won't...lol...but if anyone did...I'd be so pissed.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:00 PM   #60
RadarJammer

Drives: 06 Mustang GT
Big D

Dallas TX checking in!

Cant wait for a chance to order my V8 Camaro!
RadarJammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:14 PM   #61
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Quote:
Now I WILL hunt you down and find you if you pulled that crap!!!
I know you won't...lol...but if anyone did...I'd be so pissed.
I would feel too bad to do that haha. Watch, some guy out there in Texas with a Mustang reading this is going to steal it. Lol

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Old 02-07-2008, 12:40 AM   #62
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Well...I'll have to stay on top of when it becomes available. ..................

Sometimes, I come up with some great ideas that I'd love to share...but being an officer, I have to keep my joking mouth shut!
Old 02-07-2008, 11:02 AM   #63
50SBLOW
Ex Mustang Owner

Drives: 88 Z28, 05 Durango
Sometimes, I come up with some great ideas that I'd love to share...but being an officer, I have to keep my joking mouth shut!

C'mon, we won't tell!!
Old 02-07-2008, 11:06 AM   #64
50SBLOW
Ex Mustang Owner

Does anyone have info on upcoming F-body or muscle car shows(or races) coming up in the spring or sooner? My kids always had a blast going to the NMRA weekend with me during Spring Break in Florida.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:53 AM   #65
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Pinks is coming here in the beginning of April to SAR. Should be a pretty good turn out.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:07 PM   #66
50SBLOW
Ex Mustang Owner

Thanks Tag. I just checked the SAR site and it looks pretty cool. I wonder if it will have vendor booths and the pits will be open to walk through like some sanctioned events. Are you going? Any Camaro club shows or any place where muscle cars gather on weekend nights? We had a couple of spots in Florida where we could go get a burger and just walk around and look at cars on any given weekend. Sorry for the questions, but we are new to SATX.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:59 PM   #67
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

My dad was the track champion of San Antonio Race way in 02 when it opened. in the street class. when it was known as River City Raceway lol. We raced rear engine dragsters since then. Finally got out of it 2 years ago. Might get back in with a prostock car soon..

Old 02-09-2008, 02:04 AM   #68
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50SBLOW View Post
Thanks Tag. I just checked the SAR site and it looks pretty cool. I wonder if it will have vendor booths and the pits will be open to walk through like some sanctioned events. Are you going? Any Camaro club shows or any place where muscle cars gather on weekend nights? We had a couple of spots in Florida where we could go get a burger and just walk around and look at cars on any given weekend. Sorry for the questions, but we are new to SATX.
Don't know if I'll be headed to pinks. I'd like to go, but it depends on my schedule.

There is a fbody site here in town. Check out the link and you'll find a link to gatherings and what not. I'm a member of the site, but never get to attend because their gatherings are usually on weekends and I've got work. But, maybe you can get on their boards, make some friends, and hit some cool shows/events. Pretty cool people as I've hung out w/ them on a couple of occassions.

http://maccardi.proboards22.com/index.cgi
Old 02-11-2008, 07:44 PM   #69
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

I'm probably going to go. ^^ Not going to race, just going to watch. Besides dragsters aren't aloud and my Camaro is fast but not fully decked out like the other cars that are going to be there.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:34 PM   #70
smike07

Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
I dont know how I missed this part of this thread, but if you ever have any problems where you need tools or an engine crane, I have that kind of stuff for rent... I usually charge $40 to rent the engine crane for one week, so you'd have been done alot quicker

do you know about our local forums? www.afbforums.com that's the local Austin F-body forums that are also combined with the Austin Y-body forums... not the best place on the web, but we do some gtgs and stuff and there are alot of AFBers on there that like to do weekly gtgs
I wish I had known about this earlier. Thank you anyway. I really appreciate the offer. Where's your company located? I'll have to drop by and check it out. Who knows, maybe you'll inspire me to do some more engine work. I'd rather not buy a crane just yet, and if I know where I can rent one I just may do it.
On a lighter note, the car has dropped another 2 seconds off her 0-60 from the port and polish! That is AMAZING! I did, however, port and polish the plenum and lower intake along with the heads. That's probably why it was so effective. There are likely a couple of other things I will do to her before the new Camaro comes out. Besides, how else am I going to get away from Tag when I visit San Antonio. I'll bet he's a hard @ss officer! j.k. Don't hurt me. I've got nothin' but for you!
smike07 is offline   Reply With Quote