Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Stay Away From The Camaro Decal Store

I ordered stripes from them at C5Fest3 on August 3rd, with a promised ship date of August 5th. I tried to give them a chance, but I think 6 months is a little much. Every time I requested an update, I would have to e-mail 3-4 times to get a response. Response was always, "We're really swamped. I'll get them out to you next week." My patience finally gave, and I cancelled my order a couple days ago. They were quick with the refund, but that's about all you'll get out of them.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 18 ZLE,14 2ssrs,96,73 RS LT,69&67
They sent mine right away.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:39 PM   #3
Tysen

Good for you. I'm just providing my experience.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
organgrinder

Drives: 55 nomad
i told tysen i didn't have time and offered his money back shortly after the fest. he said no that's alright no hurry. i told him again a couple months later i didn't have time let me give you your money back he said no that's fine can you change the design i said sure. now monday he asked for his money back i sent it back immediately. i am swamped all the time and i did offer to give his money back sveral times...he said no i'll wait. not sure what i did wrong except i didn't drop everything and take care of tysen....sorry tysen.

reggie
Old 02-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #5
presholt33
Account Suspended

Drives: too numerous
Old 02-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #6
organgrinder

here's an email he sent me on sept 12...i answered the 13th. i wish i had been able to take care of your stripes tysen...i've missed a lot of orders because i couldn't get to them this last yr. i've hired some more help 2 wks ago and should be able to take care of special requests much quicker.

It's fine,I can wait. Just wanted to make sure you hadn't forgotten about me, lol. I'm currently working nights and weekends, so no car shows for me for a while. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 13, 2012, at 7:16, "reggie moore" <reggie@ivo1.com> wrote:

> Hey Tyson...all I can say is I have not got the rest of the stripe done yet. I can cut the hood and trunk today and mail in the morning but I have not had a chance to get the other finished. I'm sorry. I thought s couple of wks ago I was gonna be able to get it and getting the car didn't work out. If you wanna give me a couple more weeks I'll try to get it done of you want what I have I'll send it or if you want your money back I can do that too. I should have already finished this and 6 months ago I could have. All 3 of our businesses are hitting on all 8 for the last couple of months where normally 2 slow and 1 good! I'm just spread out right now. Thought it would slow down after school started but hasn't yet...but I know it will! Again I'm sorry I haven't held my end of the deal up and will really try to get it done in the next 2 wks.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 12, 2012, at 8:14 PM, "Tysen Yates" <tysen.yates@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Reggie,
>>
>> Can you please send me an update on what's going on with my stripes? Thanks.
>>
>> V/r,
>> Tysen Yates
Old 02-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
Tysen

Wow, really? You're right, Reggie. It is too much to ask for you to complete an order you promised a customer. I don't know what I was thinking, ordering a product from a company and then expecting it on the delivery date. And if you want to go this route and start posting e-mail correspondence, I have some that I can post as well.

Oh, and thank you for posting my full name and e-mail address on a public forum.

I never asked you to "drop everything and take care of me", but I'm pretty sure you worked on other orders that were placed after mine, unless you've been shut down since August.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #8
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by organgrinder View Post
i told tysen i didn't have time and offered his money back shortly after the fest. he said no that's alright no hurry. i told him again a couple months later i didn't have time let me give you your money back he said no that's fine can you change the design i said sure. now monday he asked for his money back i sent it back immediately. i am swamped all the time and i did offer to give his money back sveral times...he said no i'll wait. not sure what i did wrong except i didn't drop everything and take care of tysen....sorry tysen.

reggie
6 months come on man most of us didn't wait that long for our cars to be built..
that is totally unacceptable.
530/520 SAE
Old 02-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #9
organgrinder

i apologized and said yes i was wrong and returned your money....can't really do more than that tysen. sorry about the name thing, guess i wasn't paying that close attention. i guess i was still trying to figure out why the attack on me publicly with all the "that's ok" or "that's fine" i was getting from you in private.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #10
organgrinder

jason i offered to return his money each time we talk but yes i should have gotten it done sooner.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #11
ATX211
Custom User Title

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Old 02-15-2013, 09:40 AM   #12
Tysen

Quote:
Originally Posted by organgrinder View Post
i apologized and said yes i was wrong and returned your money....can't really do more than that tysen. sorry about the name thing, guess i wasn't paying that close attention. i guess i was still trying to figure out why the attack on me publicly with all the "that's ok" or "that's fine" i was getting from you in private.
It was a customer review, not a personal attack. If you took it that way, then sorry, but I'm sure you've done worse publicity for your company in your responses than my one post could have done. I don't see AAC or anyone other company coming on here and posting responses like this to a bad customer review. I work in IT, so I may be wrong, but seems like bad business practice.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #13
Dorwd71

Drives: 2016 2SS
and now the drama board

related to topic, I ordered door sills and they were shipped fast, we all have had less than desirable experiences with companies, but no need to fight it out on the forums.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #14
organgrinder

well i'm not a big company like some of the others...it's just me and my wife and kids, so ya it was a little personal and would probably effect sales in some way and that would directly effect my family. i just wanted to let people know i was wrong and i shouldn't have handled your order the way i did and i hope i don't do anyone else that way. i've been in this industry for over 35 yrs and it's important to me to treat people right. when we see each other at the next show be sure and come up to the trailer and i'll apologize to your face...i owe you that.

Closed Thread