Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-26-2020, 12:52 PM   #323
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
Actually when it came up for sale the info had not been released yet on production breakdown, at the time it was thought to be the only one. Of course right after i bought it the list came out so that's why i'm curious to see if the other one out there was domestic or CAN market. Maybe the other will surface on here one day,only option on mine is the wickerbill and it's on the window sticker. Don't know if it was for dealer stock or customer ordered..possible on the latter as it's a relatively late build. Either way no frills track weapon order in SIM.
I just had to go look at my window sticker for wickerbill. Only says rear spoiler so wickerbill was added at later time. Mine has dealer installed premium floor mats, added at least 10 hp. Ha!
Mine was hiding out off this site until I found it. Thrilled to find it but it’s only 1 of 20, not 1 of 2. Someone will “find” the other 1 and will feel as they hit a gold mine. The Z28 may or may not ever be valuable but they are bad ass because of they are and that most knowledgeable car folks don’t even know what they are. The previous Z28 era of a sticker package destroyed the true beginnings but GM did the Z28 right for 14 & 15. But I digress.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 05:06 PM   #324
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Quote:
Is there a way to determine which cars were domestic or export? I have one of two built 15 Non AC SIM and trying to see if the other is U.S. or CAN market TIA

Yes, there is a way. Unfortunately, what I did NOT do during my database comb was determine US and Canada. Its easy enough, its on the build sheet. It never crossed my mind to do that until someone mentioned it to me and I was already 650 cars deep. I started counting Canadian cars at 651 to 1288 (1292 counting the 4 CTF cars).

What I can say is that Canadian cars started showing up in heavy clusters, very late in production of 2015. It is unlikely that the other Silver-C42 (non ac) was Canadian, as the other C42 car is #280 early in the run. Reasonable to assume both cars are US cars...but, thats NOT a definitive answer.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:21 PM   #325
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Bone stock with 301 miles. Actually when it came up for sale the info had not been released yet on production breakdown. At that time it was kind of unicorn as one was not known to exist. Of course right after i bought it the list came out so that's why i'm curious to see if the other one in the wild was domestic or CAN market. Maybe it will surface on here one day,only option on mine is the wickerbill and it's on the window sticker. Don't know if it was for dealer stock or customer ordered..possible on the latter as it's a relatively late build. Either way no frills track weapon order in SIM.

Quick question about your wickerbill on your window sticker. Is it actually listed as wickerbill and is it listed as dealer installed or just in regular listings?
Thank you
Old 02-26-2020, 07:54 PM   #326
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 RH Z/28, 23 RB2SS1LE, 23LT1VOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970judge View Post
Yes, there is a way. Unfortunately, what I did NOT do during my database comb was determine US and Canada. Its easy enough, its on the build sheet. It never crossed my mind to do that until someone mentioned it to me and I was already 650 cars deep. I started counting Canadian cars at 651 to 1288 (1292 counting the 4 CTF cars).

What I can say is that Canadian cars started showing up in heavy clusters, very late in production of 2015. It is unlikely that the other Silver-C42 (non ac) was Canadian, as the other C42 car is #280 early in the run. Reasonable to assume both cars are US cars...but, thats NOT a definitive answer.
That make sense. Have kept an eye on SIM Z VIN's, even with such low production # s they seem to have been built all through production,have seen them from the 100's to 1100+ Nice to know the other one's sequence #, will keep an eye out for it thanks!
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 08:03 PM   #327
LateBrakeU2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
Quick question about your wickerbill on your window sticker. Is it actually listed as wickerbill and is it listed as dealer installed or just in regular listings?
Thank you

I'll have to get to my Window sticker, but if memory serves it is listed in the options section as "spoiler extension". All were dealer installed. I have seen very few Z's that had the wicker listed on the WS, the overwhelming majority were added after the fact( kinda like 69 Camaro ZL2 ducted hoods) Very grateful to have both window sticker and COA on the car.
Old 02-26-2020, 08:21 PM   #328
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
I'll have to get to my Window sticker, but if memory serves it is listed in the options section as "spoiler extension". All were dealer installed. I have seen very few Z's that had the wicker listed on the WS, the overwhelming majority were added after the fact( kinda like 69 Camaro ZL2 ducted hoods) Very grateful to have both window sticker and COA on the car.
That’s why I asked because of the rare occurrence and yours being on the WS is really cool to see how it was put on it. It’s nice to have original WS for mine but no COA. That’s what is really neat thing about social media. To find out details of rare subjects from those who have the info. Kinda like who actually would’ve had a 69’ cross ram in their Z28 trunk “back in the day”. Wish mine had spoiler extension on WS instead of just rear spoiler, because what Z28 didn’t have a rear spoiler or cf hood vent? Interesting how they put “heater only” and then put A/C in the options section. But at least mine had special dealer floor mats because those have to be pretty rare, right? Ha! Ha!
Gotta find #280, but if history tells us anything, some of the most interesting finds come decades after the fact and can answer many questions.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:49 AM   #329
LateBrakeU2

Quote:
That’s why I asked because of the rare occurrence and yours being on the WS is really cool to see how it was put on it. It’s nice to have original WS for mine but no COA. That’s what is really neat thing about social media. To find out details of rare subjects from those who have the info. Kinda like who actually would’ve had a 69’ cross ram in their Z28 trunk “back in the day”. Wish mine had spoiler extension on WS instead of just rear spoiler, because what Z28 didn’t have a rear spoiler or cf hood vent? Interesting how they put “heater only” and then put A/C in the options section. But at least mine had special dealer floor mats because those have to be pretty rare, right? Ha! Ha!
Gotta find #280, but if history tells us anything, some of the most interesting finds come decades after the fact and can answer many questions.
I have learned the hard way to never say never with anything GM, a story for another day..
Old 02-29-2020, 09:30 AM   #330
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyT View Post
I am thinking of adding a 15 Z/28 to our family, I currently have a 14 ZL1 and love it but kind of wish I would have gone with the Z/28 originally

What do you guys think pull the trigger?
You ask a question like that, uh, yes. Get yourself a Z28. But, curious as to why you think you should’ve gone Z28 instead of ZL1? What year and color would you go with if given a choice?
Old 02-29-2020, 10:50 AM   #331
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
Quote:
I am thinking of adding a 15 Z/28 to our family, I currently have a 14 ZL1 and love it but kind of wish I would have gone with the Z/28 originally

For a fun weekend car I would get a Z/28 for sure. If you DD hour ZL1 - would probably stick with that - better all around car - Z is a more focused, fun car. Long term for a fun car the Z can't be beat for the price!
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 12:30 PM   #332
1970judge

Quote:

If you can live without the luxuries of an equipped ZL1, then yes. You'd be getting the better of the two cars. IMO.
Old 10-31-2020, 03:33 PM   #333
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
Whats the deal with the number being off on the first post now? It says 1807, but there was 1801 (and pretty sure that too used to say 1801), and the build numbers for 2014 and 2015 still add up to 1801
6 crash test dummies added in or something?
HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 04:14 PM   #334
SIM GhostrdrZ

This is the matrix from somewhere else in this thread or another. I believe the 1807 came from when the 2014 were 515 and not the current 509. A story behind that far beyond my capability of telling it correctly.
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2020, 05:17 PM   #335
1970judge

Quote:
This is the matrix from somewhere else in this thread or another. I believe the 1807 came from when the 2014 were 515 and not the current 509. A story behind that far beyond my capability of telling it correctly.

Basically what he said. Some desperately wanting that 1807 number to be right, or a fat finger. Either way, its 1801, trust me.
Old 10-31-2020, 09:30 PM   #336
HoodCheck

Drives: 2018 ZLE (M6/hyper blue)
lol yea I read through every page of this; eventually I got lost, then noticed the number said 1807 when I was 99% sure it said 1801 before. I figured fat finger as well.
HoodCheck is offline   Reply With Quote