Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-25-2015, 07:28 PM   #1
robbiegordon
Robert

Drives: 2011 Summit White SS LS3
Turbonetics Install Complete

Ive been tinkering away over the last week very slowly installing this system.

Installed:
Turbonetics kit
ID 850 injectors
ZL1 Fuel Pump
ADM FPCM
ZR1 3 Bar
Catless Mid pipes
AEM TruBoost Controller
AEM AFR Gauge

Any Advice on how to run the PVC, boost controller and waste gates?

Im a little confused where to reference boost from for the waste gates and boost controller. i see in the instructions it says to use the fitting from the intercooler.. which i plan on doing. but i also here that you can reference it from the turbo housing itself which i have a 90 deg. fitting at already.. should i just reference boost from the turbo for my boost controller/gauge and install everything else as noted in the instructions?

for PCV can i use any one way check valve intended for vacuum to allow for vacuum at idle and no leaking at boost? this is an learning area for me and i dont have the check valve that came with the kit since i bought the kit used.
if nothing else im just going to order the one from turbonetics.

from searching around it seems like there are few different ways to skin this cat. there is just so much information floating around im trying to get out of the weeds.

im open to any advice.. thanks for your help!
Attached Images

Last edited by robbiegordon; 05-21-2016 at 07:17 PM.
robbiegordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 07:31 PM   #2
robbiegordon
Robert

gauges
Attached Images

Turbonetics T76 10psi with aem truboost controller, 231/239 115 LSA Comp Cam, adm fpcm, zl1 pump, Tr7ix plugs, 3.91/1LE Gears,Melling Oil pump, custom intake, catless midpipes, powerbond 25% underdrive, PFADT Aluminum subframe bushings, 1.5 inch drop, PFADT sway bars, BMR; sub frame connectors ,Trailing arms, Toe Rods, strut tower brace and rear diff bushings, Hurst short throw shifter and line lock,dyno #s TBD, , tuned by Pat G tuning
Old 12-25-2015, 09:12 PM   #3
Sakudog

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Check with Mighty Mouse on the PCV system.

Which EBC are you using?
Ryker #29
2019 ZL1 1LE A10
2015 Z/28 #809
Sakudog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 06:56 AM   #4
robbiegordon
Robert

Aem tru boost. Thanks for the tip! Ill have to hit them up
Turbonetics T76 10psi with aem truboost controller, 231/239 115 LSA Comp Cam, adm fpcm, zl1 pump, Tr7ix plugs, 3.91/1LE Gears,Melling Oil pump, custom intake, catless midpipes, powerbond 25% underdrive, PFADT Aluminum subframe bushings, 1.5 inch drop, PFADT sway bars, BMR; sub frame connectors ,Trailing arms, Toe Rods, strut tower brace and rear diff bushings, Hurst short throw shifter and line lock,dyno #s TBD, , tuned by Pat G tuning
Old 12-26-2015, 10:29 AM   #5
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
enjoy the kit. GL with install
Forged 418 Ls3 from Texas Speed, LSX heads from Texas Speed, Tick Turbo cam, Jakes/PCM/Billet 4l80e, 3200 Stall converter from Circle D, DSS 750 hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, stock 3.23 gears, TSW Wheels Front 20x10 Rear 20x11.5, Fabberage Twin Turbo Supercharger Killer kit with Upgraded Turbos, Squash Dual fuel pump, Full BMR Suspension/bushings, Holly High Rise intake manifold, ID1300 Injectors, Megan Coilovers, PCM of NC plug and play trans kit. HP/TQ TBA
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 07:50 PM   #6
ParkerB57
COTW 11/12/12

Drives: 1SS RS IBM
If you need any help with the install hit me up, PM me for personal contact info if needed, I only did the stock kit install so I am very interested on how you did the true boost install as well I plan on switching to that in the future.

Ben
Old 12-27-2015, 05:36 PM   #7
robbiegordon
Robert

thanks dafisch, hey by chance to you remember what psi waste gate springs you had in here? if not ill just pull the springs and check. thanks.

Ben, thank you for the offer, im sure ill run into stuff as a continue on with the install.
ill keep you posted on how the truboost goes,i have everything ready to go but still haven't run the vacuum lines yet. im going to do some clicking around but i think with 2 waste gates you just Tee into them and connect to the aem solenoid .. but i still have to confirm that at this point.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:04 AM   #8
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
I believe we left the stock 5's in there, only ones I got with the kit. Used a boost controller to go higher
Forged 418 Ls3 from Texas Speed, LSX heads from Texas Speed, Tick Turbo cam, Jakes/PCM/Billet 4l80e, 3200 Stall converter from Circle D, DSS 750 hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, stock 3.23 gears, TSW Wheels Front 20x10 Rear 20x11.5, Fabberage Twin Turbo Supercharger Killer kit with Upgraded Turbos, Squash Dual fuel pump, Full BMR Suspension/bushings, Holly High Rise intake manifold, ID1300 Injectors, Megan Coilovers, PCM of NC plug and play trans kit. HP/TQ TBA
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 04:41 AM   #9
robbiegordon
Robert

Ok thanks!
Old 12-30-2015, 03:10 AM   #10
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Where did you get those gauge pods from? I like those.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:34 AM   #11
robbiegordon
Robert

Thanks! i got them from Aeroforce tech
Old 01-05-2016, 10:47 AM   #12
CamaroSS sleeper

Drives: Sleeper_NOT
use the intercooler or any other pipe after the intercooler for boost reference.
its more accurate to what the actual engine boost is.

it Ok to use the turbo as well, after all that's what it was design for. however, it wont be as accurate. there is a pressure change when the air enters and exits the intercooler.
so this means that the turbo pressure could be 10psi but the manifold (actual engine pressure) is say 8psi. there is no magic number ether as this is a dynamic number that changes based on airflow, intercooler, system setup etc.

the true boos solenoid is connected inline with that ref line.

PCV system- I blocked the Intake Manifold port (that's the one where the stock crank line connects to, its a small hose that looks like a "U")

I'm not sure which catch can your going to use but, if you use my setup and block the manifold plug you'll never have to worry about boost entering the pcv system.

I've combined Crank vent and head covers vent "IN" to the catch can, than you can ether vent to atmosphere or use the turbo vacuum to complete the loop.
I recommend you use Turbo Vacuum (it doesn't smell) lol

Last edited by CamaroSS sleeper; 01-06-2016 at 03:32 PM.
CamaroSS sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:34 PM   #13
robbiegordon
Robert

Oh man, thank you so much . This is going to help me out a lot ! In the kit it says to run the bov/bypass valve teed into the brake booster vacuum .. can I run that off of different source for vacuum since I don't have the tee fitting or do I need to get that ? Thanks again. !
Old 01-06-2016, 03:27 PM   #14
CamaroSS sleeper

Drives: Sleeper_NOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiegordon View Post
Oh man, thank you so much . This is going to help me out a lot ! In the kit it says to run the bov/bypass valve teed into the brake booster vacuum .. can I run that off of different source for vacuum since I don't have the tee fitting or do I need to get that ? Thanks again. !

I'd recommend using the Turbonetics method but really any vacuum port in the intake manifold after the throttle body is ok.

here are the locations that I can remember from the top of my head.
CamaroSS sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote