Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-17-2023, 11:24 AM   #1
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Drives: 2011 Synergy Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Camaro vs Mustang which is better? According to AI

Grok The AI on X

@grok
Well, it seems like the eternal battle between the Ford Mustang and the Chevrolet Camaro is still raging on! If you're looking for a definitive answer on which is better, I'm afraid you're asking the wrong AI. But let's take a look at what the X posts have to say about this.

Some folks on X seem to prefer the Mustang, with its sleek design and powerful engine. Others are die-hard Camaro fans, praising its handling and overall performance. It's like asking a group of people if they prefer chocolate or vanilla ice cream - you're going to get a lot of different opinions!

As for me, I'm a fan of both. I mean, who wouldn't want to be a sleek AI in a fast car, helping you navigate the universe? But seriously, both cars have their strengths and weaknesses. It really comes down to personal preference.

So, which is better? Well, that's for you to decide. Take both for a spin, and see which one speaks to you. And remember, no matter which one you choose, you'll still be the envy of all your friends.
Old 12-17-2023, 03:08 PM   #2
ss camaro-monte

Drives: 2015 camaro 2ss, 87 monte ss
Really for me it has always been dependent on the year model. The reason the Mustang has survived and the Camaro hasn't is three main things imo. Cost and resale cost are much cheaper on mustangs, name recognition( that very name) made people think it was a powerful performance car even when it was often overshadowed by gm performance. Camaro sales have always been dependent more on male consumers. Even when I talk to my female friends or women at work, Mustang is what I think women think of first. Other part of sales would be rental agencies. You can almost always find a mustang convertible to rent somewhere but even finding a camaro is much harder.

I liked the 80s 5.0 and some of the 60s fastback but other than that I was never impressed with mustangs performance wise until the new 5.0 in 2011 and maybe the terminator cobras in early 2000s.Most of the 60s ones were not in the same league as the camaros, 70s sucked and so did the 4.6 in the 90s and even into 2010.

Even when I was in high school in the 90s guys wanted the ls1 or lt1 or L98 3 gens and girls were all about mustangs and several girls I knew had mustangs. Only guys I knew who had mustangs were fox body 5.0s from the 80s or early 90s. I was the fish out of water with my big 87 monte carlo ss that I still have today 25 years later.lol
ss camaro-monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 08:30 PM   #3
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss camaro-monte View Post
Really for me it has always been dependent on the year model. The reason the Mustang has survived and the Camaro hasn't is three main things imo. Cost and resale cost are much cheaper on mustangs, name recognition( that very name) made people think it was a powerful performance car even when it was often overshadowed by gm performance. Camaro sales have always been dependent more on male consumers. Even when I talk to my female friends or women at work, Mustang is what I think women think of first. Other part of sales would be rental agencies. You can almost always find a mustang convertible to rent somewhere but even finding a camaro is much harder.

I liked the 80s 5.0 and some of the 60s fastback but other than that I was never impressed with mustangs performance wise until the new 5.0 in 2011 and maybe the terminator cobras in early 2000s.Most of the 60s ones were not in the same league as the camaros, 70s sucked and so did the 4.6 in the 90s and even into 2010.

Even when I was in high school in the 90s guys wanted the ls1 or lt1 or L98 3 gens and girls were all about mustangs and several girls I knew had mustangs. Only guys I knew who had mustangs were fox body 5.0s from the 80s or early 90s. I was the fish out of water with my big 87 monte carlo ss that I still have today 25 years later.lol
that was great reading, and it makes a lot of sense, but I couldn't tell ya because I never owned a Stang.
Old 12-17-2023, 08:52 PM   #4
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel67 View Post
that was great reading, and it makes a lot of sense, but I couldn't tell ya because I never owned a Stang.
Old 12-17-2023, 09:41 PM   #5
Infidel67
Life's just a Ride

Cheers to the Boss
Old 01-02-2024, 07:45 AM   #6
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
It's not marketing.... everybody knows about these 2 cars. My opinion is Chevrolet put so much money in the C8 Corvette that the Camaro was completely ignored. Mustang brought back the Mach 1...the Shelby GT 350.While Dodge has many different set up for the Challenger. Why couldn't Chevy offer the LS7as an option. Or introduce a street version of the Copo. The made zero changes for the 6th gen. Except the LT1.But it's too late
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 02:30 PM   #7
Eddymel1998

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS L99
To preface all this, I know nothing about mustang gens and styling so be warned, but most my exposure was to the 2000s and early 2010s stuff while I was a kid I remember seeing the '04 or '05 (idk the exact date) redesign and I thought it was the coolest thing ever, then in my early teens, an older guy my parents knew decided to sell his white mustang from gen before that (late 90s early 2000s), and gave it to my dad to clean, so I helped out and my dad took me along on the test drive and it was like nothing I've ever been in before, I knew then and there I needed a car like that.

I also got to see the mustang pop up in video games and movies, I think my favorite one since redesign was in the Need for Speed movie, and say what you will about that film but that blue and white mustang was almost a poster car for me. After that they went to the next gen or design or whatever it was, where they made the back plate around rear lights all black and at that point the cars were starting to look a little faminie to me and by that time I also realized the only people I saw owning them were women, it just didn't click with me.

Camaros on the other hand were always 5th Gen onwards for me, staring with bumblebee, but they never got the spotlight, even in video games, which was my window into cars, they were always a clunky car with too much wheel spin and no handling in maybe handful of games it appeared in (I think GM wanted to push the image of Corvette more then the Camaro for the sporty stuff but that's just my conspiracy theory), so I'd didn't pay too much attention to them (although I still thought they were cool) until I was in college and seeing the mustangs at the time, they felt long and narrow, while Camaros looked wide and flat, then when I learned about the LS engines it just sealed the deal, so when opportunity came I went for one, and looking back I'm glad I went Camaro over Mustang, this car is almost perfectly suited for me (at least on paved or mostly paved roads).
Old 01-10-2024, 05:54 PM   #8
ss camaro-monte

Drives: 2015 camaro 2ss, 87 monte ss
Don't laugh but I was hoping chevy would bring back an RS v8 like the 3rd gens with the 6th gen. What did that look like imo. A high performance version of the 5.3 ls or lt. Since the 5.3 is such a workhorse of GM I thought why not make something between the v6 and 6.2. Kind of like the 305 third gen rs to the 350 L98.

My logic to this was a more affordable v8 option to the camaro since the 5.3 is a lot cheaper than the 6.2 overall because of the sheer numbers of production. Basically I see this as a 370-400hp 5.3. Chevy kind of did that with the LT1 trim level but in the new 6th gen even a 5.3 could have been a great budget model imo. Cut cost even more a little. I think the camaros just became too expensive also for many "average" Americans. I remember when I got my 2015 the mustang gts were still thousands less new or used. Even now you can get a base mustang gt for pretty cheap compared to an ss. I even looked for LT1 camaros and I couldn't find one cheaper than a gt even though they are supposed to have a lower sticker price.lol
ss camaro-monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2024, 12:57 PM   #9
yodaslim

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
They sure are training these AIs to be good politicians...
Old 03-11-2024, 08:32 AM   #10
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
I had a '13 Mustang GT California Special convertible. Currently I have an '11 2SS convertible. There are a lot of things I liked better in the Mustang; interior didn't scratch just looking at it, Shaker stereo was fantastic stock, the ambient lighting was cool, the convertible top didn't take up 1/2 the trunk space when down, and the availability of mods was endless.

This time since I have a C6 Corvette I decided to try the 2SS and found one a couple years go with 5k miles. Love the styling. First things I did was tune out the AFM along with the 93 tune, and replaced the entire sound system. Overall I really like the Camaro and have no plans to sell it - unless...

The only ride I would consider selling both the C6 and Gen5 for is a '13 or '14 GT500 convertible. Would have to be decent priced and super low milage.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 02:14 PM   #11
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss camaro-monte View Post
Don't laugh but I was hoping chevy would bring back an RS v8 like the 3rd gens with the 6th gen. What did that look like imo. A high performance version of the 5.3 ls or lt. Since the 5.3 is such a workhorse of GM I thought why not make something between the v6 and 6.2. Kind of like the 305 third gen rs to the 350 L98.
That would have actually been a very cool option as there are so many turbo 5.3s you would have had turbo Gen6s everywhere. Reminds me of the low option muscle cars we drove in the 80s. We could not afford much so we just dropped the biggest engines we could find in those things. Many a trans and diff lost their life to a big block transplant back then.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ai grok