Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-31-2017, 12:44 PM   #169
Mkn95u0

Drives: 2012 IBM L99
Has anyone set this up where they can use bluetooth for the sound not through the AUX port? for some reason i'm unable to figure out, i don't have sound through my driver side via AUX. I've tried a few things in testing, but no luck.
10.722 @ 132.21mph DA: 850 | 645rwhp/581rwtq (12/3/2017)M
10.609 @ 130.19 DA: 975 | 675rwhp/629rwtq (2/16/2020)D
Build: E-Force w/ 3.25" pulley (11lbs of boost), 10% OD under pulley, Fore Dual Fuel System, ID850's, AEM CAI, Borla Long Tubes, Flowmaster Super 10's, Circle D 3200 converter 258mm triple disc lockup, cam 226/242 116+4 LSA, ZL-1 Rear end, E85 & BRC Raceworks Tune (previously known as CMS)
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/RobertMitchellRCM

Mkn95u0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 07:14 PM   #170
ROCNDAV

Drives: 2013 2SSRS, 2002 SS Convertible,
I'm sorry to bring back an old thread, but this seems to be one of the best on the subject, so I'd rather ask here as well as possibly add to the thread itself.

Let me begin by saying these posts/links were the most helpful:

1. The original post in this thread

2. Post 116 in this thread
Post 116 answers a question, clarifying the 5 mandatory wires that are needed to be hooked up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorman View Post
Not sure if this will help. The red circles(ovals) in the left pic are the connections you have to tap or connect. On the right side, connect the yellow RCA male from the Mylink side of the harness to the female RCA side in the HD Link.

Also make sure your dipstick settings are proper, I think it was 1,3 and 8 were on for the Factory Reverse Camera.

I'd like to add, that in my 2013 2SS/RS, pin #1 on the 18 pin connector is tan (not purple or orange). This is for the blue Audio-Key CAN Low wire.

Also, I used red posi-tap (20-22 awg) connectors for all 3 CAN wires (White, blue and green). I used Blue posi-tap (12-18 awg) connectors for the power (Yellow) and Ground (Black) connectors.

3. Post 153

and post 154

These 2 posts show where to connect in, to tap in to the aux connection (using red posi-tap connectors). This isn't mandatory, but it makes it easier to have everything done in one place as TODDUX mentions.

I noticed when I leave a dummy 3.5mm jack in the factory aux connector, and the car is turned off and then turned back on, the aux is still selected. (I wish bluetooth did that).

4. Post 160
This is where Roebel tells us where he connected the yellow and black wires from the first pic above to pins 38 and 44. I wonder, does that create a drain on the battery? I forgot to check to see if that wire only has voltage when the accessory is on. If it is hot all the time, would it be better to connect the yellow wire to the factory amp turn on wire (white), pin# 43?

5. Post 168

This is another post with tips by SSteven, where he also gives a great link to A Volt website where they hook up a touch screen to control their phone. I want to use info from that link to jump a wire off of the video pcb to control a relay to jump pins 11 (to 23?) to simulate plugging in the 3.5mm audio connector whenever the HDMI is selected.

But before I get to that last step, I need to get my unit working

Last night, in a hurry, I connected everything. I couldn't get the unit to display anything. Pressing and holding the config button for 10 seconds would only say something like test mode active or inactive. I didn't order the option mode button, so I jumped the 2 pins on the connector and viola! it started switching! After that, the factory buttons started working so that was weird!!!

The 2 problems I still had when I called it quits are:

1. when referring to the attached pdf in post #1, page 16 of the pdf shows the 2 different methods to get the rear view camera working. My factory camera wouldn't work either way. With the car turned on, and in reverse, I would only get a black screen. I confirmed the dipswitch settings and connections. I really wanted to connect it the top way (male to female in a/v in/out connector), so I can see the gridlines, but I ended up having to connect the male to the female on the 20 pin connector. But I had to set dipswitch 3 ON, like on the top method. That's what is weird!!!

How did you guys get yours working?

My 2nd question is more chromecast related. I was able to connect my phone (Galaxy S10+) to my new chromecast inside my house and connect it to the TV. I was also able to switch to it once plugged into the HD-Link, but I couldn't get the chromecast to connect to my phone (without using my home wifi). How did you connect it with Mobile Hotspot? It seemed like it was taking forever. Any tips, instructions or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Last edited by ROCNDAV; 02-13-2020 at 07:23 PM. Reason: type and added attachment
ROCNDAV is offline   Reply With Quote