Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #127
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by migy89 View Post
I just finished reading all five pages of this thread.... All I have to say is wow!! Your doing a great job! The mailslot is probably one of the coolest things I have ever seen! Keep up the good work! Now im subscribed
Thanks. I have got a few ideas I'm working on.

I put the last consol piece in, I've got to clean it all up and mount the switch for traction control but this is pretty much it.

I have made a few sets of my Led strut covers and am doing a set in black with white led's for my car. I thought of this when I went to add some washer fluid and couldn't see the resevoir because of no underhood light, I will be tying the covers in with a switch so they will turn on when the hood is opened. Here is a picture of a yellow one with red led's as well as the consol.
Attached Images

CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #128
CFD

Did a set of lighted strut covers in black with white led's for my car. Now that the consol and strut covers are done I am faced with the decision of what to do next. I have been thinking about small coil covers to go along with the billet coil mounts I have been making, that may be next but who know's.
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #129
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Looks like you've been busy! lol

Can't wait to see what else you'll be up to this winter come next spring at Gillette.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #130
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
Looks like you've been busy! lol

Can't wait to see what else you'll be up to this winter come next spring at Gillette.

Hi Jason. Yea, I've been busy LOL. I have a couple of things I've been working on. If time permits they will be done by spring but a re-paint will need to be done, that may not happen by spring, can you say primer LOL.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:57 AM   #131
CFD

Finally had a chance to start on my rear wheels. I need to finish them up and send them out for widening so I can get some good rubber on them. Pretty much the same as the fronts but making a couple of small changes to make the lug nut covers a little cleaner than how I was originally going to do it. Here's the beginning of the process.
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #132
hcoll003
Proven Wicked Suspension

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Did you decide if you're gonna sell the coil brackets?
hcoll003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:09 AM   #133
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcoll003 View Post
Did you decide if you're gonna sell the coil brackets?

I am selling the coil brackets and have a few sets in stock.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #134
CFD

Had a chance to work on my wheels, trying to get them done but am not sure if I will have time to get them widened, if not there is always next winter.

I did the rears a little different than the fronts. Instead of indicating off of each hole I machined a drift that fit perfectly in the lug nut holes, then dialed off the table until it dropped right in the hole, lock it down and sized the holes. It was much faster than the way I did the fronts. Now I need to finish sanding down the edges where the weld is and the holes will have nice crisp edges rather than the bevels when stock, this will allow for the lug nut covers to fit nicely. Here's a couple of pics of todays work.
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #135
CFD

Well, as usual, I was pressured into my newest mod. Some may know I recently had a lifter fall apart doing a bit of damage including taking out the oil pump. There is no way of cleaning all the debris that may be trapped in your pan without removing it and as most know the motor must come out. There is no way in hell I'm gonna pull my motor to do cleaning or gasket replacement.

This led to me cutting out the cross member and fabricating some flanges to make it a bolt in unit, this will allow for easy removall in the future if ever needed.

Here are a few pics of the unit and how it will look when assembled. I need to get under my car to final fit and weld the flanges up, then I'll take some more pics.

If anyone is interested there are some pics of inside the oil pan and why removall is needed if anything similar happens towards the end of this thread, http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280655
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #136
CFD

Haven't had a chance to install the cross member yet but I was cleaning my car and when I was doing the consol I thought it was about time to finish it up. The thing holding me back was the traction control button. I could have fit it close to the stock position using the adapter I made a page back but I never liked it there. I then figured I would put it on the side skirt or upper side of the consol but didn't want to drill holes in it. Then it hit me, where as my shifter is equiped with two switches and room for a second momentary I would utilize them. I decided to hook my radar detector up to the on/off switch. This way if I ever get stopped for alegedly speeding, rather than make a LEO uncofortable by reaching to turn off the detector I can switch it off from my shifter. This way he won't have to speak up over the warning signal. lol The momentary switch I am planning on using for the traction control, this will put it at my fingertip and the most convenient location for easy access and I always turn it off when driving as it is useless. I'm working on the circuitry now and am hoping to have it working by tonight or tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #137
CFD

That was too easy. I checked out the circuit board and figured out how to make an external switch trigger the system, then I made two small jumpers and soldered them to two pins that aren't used. Now I can find a couple of terminals and fit them in the connector as stock and tie them into the momentary, it's just jumped in temporarily so I can test it and come up with a couple of terminals. Now shifting, traction control and the radar detector are all operated from my shifter with ease. Tomorrow I should be able to finish it up. Heres a couple of pics of the jumpers and the shifter buttons. The first picture is my thumb in shift position and index finger on the new traction control button. The small red switch in the second picture is now the radar detector.
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #138
CFD

Well, the traction control button on the shifter works perfectly, so much for that, I just lost another lifter. Same one that was just replaced not more than 200 miles ago. Makes me think somethings going on that I missed. This time it took the cam with it. Normally I would upgrade but I'm very happy with this cam. Here are a few pics of the lifter.
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #139
CFD

Got my motor back together and started it this morning, seems to be running great. I also had a chance to finish wiring in the traction control button and radar detector switch into the shifter. I am very pleased with having both functions and tapshift on the shifter. I am going to finish covering the panel on the consul and will take a couple of pics of it finished when done. Next I will be finishing up the rear wheels.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #140
CFD

Finally had a chance to get the car back up on a rack. Welded the flanges to the frame and got the cross member bolted in. If I ever have the need to drop the pan again it will be an easy task. Just have to get everything cleaned up and get some paint on it and it will be finished.

While I was under there looking around I noticed I tore off one of the stabilizer link mounts on the rear control arm. Guess I will be fabricating some new mounts and will most likely make my own links utilizing chrome moly tubing and Heim joints. I'll have to see how much time I can spare to do it, if not I'll buy some but will definitely be upgrading the stock set up.
Attached Images