Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #29
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS View Post
Sucks its back ordered.. Anyone find it somewhere else?
Mine was back ordered. Took about 3 weeks. Next cheapest price I found was amazing for around 180. But if you keep it in your cart, the price fluctuates I noticed. I think they were trying to get me to click that "place order" button lol
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #30
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Bought mine on eBay but accidently bought the 12" instead of the 10". I'm no audiofile but I'm a happy camper now with my BA system. Also put some microfiber (more like stuffed) between the rear speakers and deck to stop the rattling. First time with a sub so learning how to set.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #31
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
Bought mine on eBay but accidently bought the 12" instead of the 10". I'm no audiofile but I'm a happy camper now with my BA system. Also put some microfiber (more like stuffed) between the rear speakers and deck to stop the rattling. First time with a sub so learning how to set.
I like mine. I don't listen to music with a lot of bass. But it definitely rounds out the system much more. I just wish I could tune it more efficiently.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:38 AM   #32
RedHotRS

Drives: 2013 CRT 2LT RS
Thanks BigVic and Sound Station in Raleigh, you may have saved me some serious coin. I was ready to go with dual JL Audio 10s and a JL 500 watt mono amp. Instead because of your write up I decided to give this a try, early results are in and they are awesome so far. Anyone that said you can't feel this sub obviously doesn't have it tuned or doesn't listen very loud. This thing thumps plenty, it's not as tight as I like but it hits hard for what it is, and needs to break in. What a great bargain sub, again thanks Vic!

This is how this all came about today. I went to my local car audio expert and I mean that sincerely, place called Sound Station and Security in Raleigh, great reputation and today I found out why. I told the owner of the store that I had a bit of a dilemma, I wanted a JL setup but heard good things about the budget friendly Rockford. He then made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Instead of trying to convince me to buy the JL system, which would have been $700 installed. He told me to buy the Rockford and if I decide its not enough he would give me full credit toward the JL upgrade later. He said in a couple of months if I'm not happy to come back and he will take care of me. IN A COUPLE OF MONTHS? WOW! talk about outstanding CS. Needless to say I spent a few more dollars than you guys on this Rockford but I'm not a DIY guy, especially with wiring. So for $325 OTD, sub, wiring kit, tax and labor I drove off a very happy customer, and if I upgrade latter it will only cost me the difference of $375 more.
RedHotRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #33
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Anyone know if they found this in stock anywhere yet? Still back ordered from OP post link...
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #34
crashprime

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS IOM M6
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

Scroll down to "Caraudio Closeout" vendor. 1000+ sales, 100% positive feedback. They're reputable. Or you can just hit their site (I always like to go through Amazon for protection).

http://www.caraudioco.com/rockford-fosgate-p300-10.html
crashprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #35
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashprime View Post
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new

Scroll down to "Caraudio Closeout" vendor. 1000+ sales, 100% positive feedback. They're reputable. Or you can just hit their site (I always like to go through Amazon for protection).

http://www.caraudioco.com/rockford-fosgate-p300-10.html

It is more expensive on Amazon though? Weird.. Maybe with shipping direct it is about the same..
Old 05-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #36
crashprime

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS IOM M6
Free shipping on caraudio closeout's own site. Amazon Marketplace gets a cut of the money, Caraudio Closeout passes that fee along. Their site is pretty established. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them directly.
crashprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #37
TwentyTen2SSRS

So the P300-12 (12") doesn't not fit in the trunk standing up right??

That is a real bummer.. if that is the case.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:34 PM   #38
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
I'll tell you guys another good option is the infinity basslink, I have one in my truck and it works awesome. Check it out at crutchfield, I believe it cost about 200 and it is a completely self contained unit and you could actually hang it from the rear deck in the camaro.
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:04 PM   #39
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw26ss View Post
I'll tell you guys another good option is the infinity basslink, I have one in my truck and it works awesome. Check it out at crutchfield, I believe it cost about 200 and it is a completely self contained unit and you could actually hang it from the rear deck in the camaro.
Looked it up and has some really good reviews..

Also ships two day free on Amazon with Amazon Prime and 179.99 delivered..
Old 05-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #40
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw26ss View Post
I hope you're having better luck than I did with that unit. Back in the day I had one that crapped out I contacted infinity and they sent me another one and that one also crapped out. Hopefully they're made better now than they were previously.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:08 PM   #41
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
I hope you're having better luck than I did with that unit. Back in the day I had one that crapped out I contacted infinity and they sent me another one and that one also crapped out. Hopefully they're made better now than they were previously.
I've had mine for awhile now, and it has worked great, I also don't get crazy with it either, but for the price I figured if it would last me a couple years then it would be worth it
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #42
TwentyTen2SSRS

Well that makes me a little nervous.. I have read a bunch of reviews on the Infinity and it seems to be overall about 4.5/5 but there are a bunch who have had the same issue with it "crapping" out after the warranty is up.. I don't plan on it being a huge shaking system (obviously) but hope it adds some good lower bass notes. And for $180 shipped thats pretty damn good price for that.