Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-11-2015, 07:37 PM   #29
TofuDragon

Drives: 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeGeeTea View Post
You have a push start.
I'm interested in that component.
Do you know where one would get a hold of that?

Thanks
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372823
Old 06-11-2015, 07:40 PM   #30
TofuDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arksine View Post
I'm curious as to where you mounted the unit itself. I had it in the glovebox, but it appeared to interfere with my TPMS in that location. I moved it to the floor and so far they seem to be working as they should.
I had it in my glove box for the first 2 weeks, no TPMS interference. I'm not sure how it would even interfere with that signal since this is a wired solution, but I'll believe you. Currently the unit is hidden away in the dash area immediately left of glovebox, so it's totally out of sight. My HDMI and USB power connections run down to the left kickplate in the passenger footwell.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:42 PM   #31
TofuDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow1616 View Post
How did you guys order? On the website it doesn't say Paypal? Its hard to read even with Google Translate.
I contacted the company via email (acidop@naver.com) and was able to communicate with a guy named Henry Kim who understood written English. He said that they accept payment via Paypal and can ship to the US.

I would start with an email to that address to get info and a quote.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:48 PM   #32
TofuDragon

Hey everyone. As Arksine and headgamez discovered, there is some issue with this kit and those with the NAV version of the MyLink faceplate. If that's what you have, I'd wait to see what firmware solutions are produced by the company before moving forward with an order. Hopefully Arksine/headgamez can help pave the way.

I never even thought about the faceplate difference being an issue. Fate smiled on me though, because even back when I did the MyLink retrofit, I specifically wanted the non-NAV version of the faceplate paired with a NAV enabled head unit. Why? I wanted the Play/Pause button! Looks like that decision back then enabled me to get lucky with this kit. So if you have a MyLink non-NAV faceplate (e.g. yours doesn't have a button that says "NAV") then you're good to go.

Last edited by TofuDragon; 06-16-2015 at 11:14 AM.
TofuDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:04 PM   #33
Arksine

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by TofuDragon View Post
Hey everyone. As Arksine and headgamez discovered, there is some issue with this kit and those with the NAV version of the MyLink faceplate. If that's what you have, I'd wait to see what firmware solutions are produced by the company before moving forward with an order. Hopefully Arksine/headgamez can help pave the way.

I never even though about the faceplate difference being an issue. Fate smiled on me though, because even back when I did the MyLink retrofit, I specifically wanted the non-NAV version of the faceplate paired with a NAV enabled head unit. Why? I wanted the Play/Pause button! Looks like that decision back then enabled me to get lucky with this kit. So if you have a MyLink non-NAV faceplate (e.g. yours doesn't have a button that says "NAV") then you're good to go.
I've been testing firmware for Henry, and we have a solution to get to the configuration screen. I've been trying to get him to add a shortcut for AV1 (currently mapped to Tone), but there is a bit of a language gap. He did add the ability to cycle to AV1 through the back button though, so everything is usable.

Like most devices of its nature, the HDLINK likely has a switching power supply which can potentially interfere with RF signals. There could be enough variance that it would affect some people and not others. Normally electronic devices are tested by the FCC to make sure they don't interfere with certain frequencies, but this device was imported and thus bypasses that requirement. I'm not 100% sure that its the culprit, but something was interfering with my drivers side TPMS sensors. When I moved it they both linked back up. I found a place that I think I can mount it that would get it far enough from the firewall to prevent any interference, I hope to get it done this weekend.
Arksine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:05 PM   #34
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
I have the nav on mine so I am waiting till you say its all good. Shortcut to av1 would be a great addition imo too.
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 02:10 AM   #35
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Apple TV would be awesome to have. Have to get MyLink first though
Old 06-14-2015, 07:56 PM   #36
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Getting ready

My car just arrived on Friday, therefore I am getting ready to install the unit. I am a little concerned about the RF interference. OP, where did you install the unit to link the TPMS sensors back???

HG
headgamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:29 AM   #37
TofuDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by headgamez View Post
My car just arrived on Friday, therefore I am getting ready to install the unit. I am a little concerned about the RF interference. OP, where did you install the unit to link the TPMS sensors back???

HG
Best of luck with the install! Btw, you probably just meant to address user Arksine... I'm the OP of this thread and did NOT have any RF interference issues with my kit, both when it was in the glovebox and same now in its final location left of the glovebox. Arksine had some TPMS issues which may have been related to the kit. Where did you end up mounting yours, Arksine?

Also wanted to note that I also bought the optional input select button (http://hanlim2.subnara.info/blog/HD-.../iw03gf_43.jpg) with the kit. By pressing it, it's like pressing the "INPUT" button on a TV, and switches through all the video modes. I mounted mine in the center console, and hardly ever use the buttons on the MyLink faceplate itself.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:12 AM   #38
Arksine

I'm not 100% certain my issues were related to RF interference. I know it was related to the installation of the device, and I think it was potentially due to a timing issue on the CAN bus. After I moved the device, I still had issues, so I decided to change the way I powered the device up.

When I first installed it I just ran it to an always hot wire, but the hdlink still draws around 60ma in sleep mode which is too much so I moved it to ignition switched power. I now believe that was the cause of my TPMS issues. I moved the power to manually switched power and it is now working as it should. Either that or there was something about my fuse tap that TPMS did not like.

When I get home I'll try to post some pics of my install. I stuck it in a "pocket" betwen the carpet and the body on the passenger side of the console.

I also emailed Henry about mapping the functions of Tone to another button for Nav users, but the language gap has made it difficult for him to understand what I am asking and quite frankly I think he is getting sick of me, haha.
Old 06-15-2015, 11:39 AM   #39
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TofuDragon View Post

Also wanted to note that I also bought the optional input select button (http://hanlim2.subnara.info/blog/HD-.../iw03gf_43.jpg) with the kit. By pressing it, it's like pressing the "INPUT" button on a TV, and switches through all the video modes. I mounted mine in the center console, and hardly ever use the buttons on the MyLink faceplate itself.
So your saying I could get this and just use the input button and not have to worry about the buttons working with the nav interface?
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:48 AM   #40
TofuDragon

Quote:
So your saying I could get this and just use the input button and not have to worry about the buttons working with the nav interface?

Yes and no. Yes, you could get and install that input button and just use that, never having to switch the input via the nav interface.

No, because the only way to get into the Config menu of the new system is via the MyLink faceplate buttons. Arksine said he was testing a new firmware that successfully got him into the Config menu, so I'd assume anyone else can get the same firmware.

In other words, if there is an easy, reliable way to get into the Config menu of the kit using the MyLink Nav buttons, then that plus the input button will be all you'll need.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:15 PM   #41
Arksine

Quote:
I wish I would have ordered it. Using the mylink interface is workable but clunky. Its no problem to get to the config screen as long as you have the latest firmware, in fact its currently mapped to both the source and menu/select buttons. I'm trying to get them to map the shortcut to AV1 to menu/select, which would help those who intend to install a front camera.

Just make sure you order it with the latest firmware. The only way to update it is with a special tool over a serial interface.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:58 PM   #42
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
hdmi and usb

Thanks for all the research!!!! I ordered this to try and make the install for the hdmi stick and usb power a little easier. Hopefully it will work....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o00_s00

will try to mount the HDMI stick in the center console or under the dash somehow.
headgamez is offline   Reply With Quote