Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-02-2010, 11:08 PM   #29
FAF

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2008 Tundra
I'm confused about the used the speaker level outputs on the X3 connector and the now mentioned X1 connections.

Last edited by FAF; 03-02-2010 at 11:40 PM.
FAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #30
jordan 572

Drives: none
wire to amplifier x3
jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:37 PM   #31
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post
Spelling is killing me but....this is what I'm getting.

I initially used the actual speaker outputs as my signals for the RCAs. It cuts the power of the rear 6x9's and isn't the right way to do it.

There is what's called a X1 RADIO plug (that I'm guessing is plugged into the actual back of the radio) where we are supposed to get the correct "low level" signals from for the RCA splice.

I'm just waiting for someone to chime in as to the location of the plug so that I can rewire it correctly and post some correct pictures.

Thanks,
Ivan
The only wires that come from the radio are on the x3 plug inputs. x1 and x2 are amplified outputs
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #32
4xchamp
MURC 666

Drives: 69 Pace Car 68 Camaro Restomod 81 Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Karma View Post
Spelling is killing me but....this is what I'm getting.

I initially used the actual speaker outputs as my signals for the RCAs. It cuts the power of the rear 6x9's and isn't the right way to do it.

There is what's called a X1 RADIO plug (that I'm guessing is plugged into the actual back of the radio) where we are supposed to get the correct "low level" signals from for the RCA splice.

I'm just waiting for someone to chime in as to the location of the plug so that I can rewire it correctly and post some correct pictures.

Thanks,
Ivan
I tapped the X3 amp connector wiring at the amp using the rear speaker low levels .
Feel the music !
Here is a link to the diagram a member was kind enough to post .
Scroll down to Audio Amplifier X3 ( uqa ) diagram .
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...wiring+diagram
Good luck .
Old 03-03-2010, 08:00 PM   #33
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xchamp View Post
I tapped the X3 amp connector wiring at the amp using the rear speaker low levels .
Feel the music !
Here is a link to the diagram a member was kind enough to post .
Scroll down to Audio Amplifier X3 ( uqa ) diagram .
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...wiring+diagram
Good luck .

This whole topic will be a non factor once our output harness that we are working on is ready. No more cutting, splicing, soldering, or trying to figure out what wires to use. No more of that crap. Just a simple un-plug connector from amplifier, plug-in the harness in-between and boom, you now have RCA outs. Currently awaiting samples from the manufacturer Will update on progess
Old 03-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #34
4xchamp
MURC 666

Steve@********
This whole topic will be a non factor once our output harness that we are working on is ready. No more cutting, splicing, soldering, or trying to figure out what wires to use. No more of that crap. Just a simple un-plug connector from amplifier, plug-in the harness in-between and boom, you now have RCA outs. Currently awaiting samples from the manufacturer Will update on progess

Now you tell me .
Darn .
Old 03-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #35
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xchamp View Post

Now you tell me .
Darn .

I know. I've been secretly working on this for a couple months now. It didn't look good at first becuase I couldn't track down the manufacturer for the plugs. Every place I checked, either gave me the run-around or the cold shoulder. You know, the corporate we don't deal with ppl like you kind of thing. Then once I finally found the right place, they only make the female connectors for the harness ends and not the male plugs that would connect to them. I also learned that the plugs on the harness are female and not male..and the sockets on the amp are actually male. Sounds exactly backwards, but people that make the harnesses explained why that is. So they are working up samples for me and if they work out as planned, I'll order a batch. Hopefully I'll have some buyers because it's gonna cost me several grand to get this accomplished for you guys.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:28 AM   #36
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@******** View Post
I know. I've been secretly working on this for a couple months now. It didn't look good at first becuase I couldn't track down the manufacturer for the plugs. Every place I checked, either gave me the run-around or the cold shoulder. You know, the corporate we don't deal with ppl like you kind of thing. Then once I finally found the right place, they only make the female connectors for the harness ends and not the male plugs that would connect to them. I also learned that the plugs on the harness are female and not male..and the sockets on the amp are actually male. Sounds exactly backwards, but people that make the harnesses explained why that is. So they are working up samples for me and if they work out as planned, I'll order a batch. Hopefully I'll have some buyers because it's gonna cost me several grand to get this accomplished for you guys.
That's going to be great when the "adapter" hits the market and people want to pay $XX for it, but in the meantime, this is what it is....a guide to saving some duckets.

It's too easy and lazy to bust out a checkbook instead of asking for help or doing it yourself.

What ever happened to DIY???

Just my opinion. And yes, 4xChamp, it does sound so much better now!

Here's to all those who create and take time to share their work so that others can say that topics like these will become "non-factors."

I certainly hope that the era of DIY doesn't go away.
-Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #37
4xchamp
MURC 666

I certainly hope that the era of DIY doesn't go away.
-Ivan [/QUOTE]

I'm with you Ivan , but I'd rather plug and play rather than having to mess with the factory harness , plus if a warrantee issue arises they'll point the finger at us .
If the Sub Thump wiring was available I would have bought it .
We need guys like him to make our lives easier and our mods more professional .
In the mean time keep up the DIY , that's what makes us car guys .
Regards to you all .
Old 03-04-2010, 06:17 PM   #38
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Updated with the new picture and wiring diagram link so that it will be connected to the right (low level) signals.

Enjoy all!
Ivan
Old 03-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #39
RandyB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 SIM
Now it looks right. Great Work!
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:31 PM   #40
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
Now it looks right. Great Work!
Thank you kind Sir!
Ivan
Old 03-14-2010, 05:08 AM   #41
Hess RS
Account Suspended

Drives: 91 Camaro RS
Hey Steve, im glad you finally tracked down some connectors. Everybody is gonna be happy about that. I had a questions for you that you might have come across. I was doing an amp integration the other day in an SS, and when I did tapped the RCA's into the low level inputs for the front speakers, the amp (which was a cheapy the customer supplied), kept going into protection. After checking everything, I found that the low level inputs rest at 6V, not ground (like every other system). So I ended up using the outputs and a HI to LOW. Do all the BA amps rest at 6V? Has anyone else ran into this problem tapping the amp inputs?
Hess RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #42
Shown_nuff

Drives: GSX-R 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski7399 View Post
I've spliced into the low lvl wires not the sub wires and it sounded like absolute crap. Soon as I tapped into the sub wires my sub came alive. Do what you want, what he posted gives the best sound between the two options.

I tapped into the low levels as well. My rear 6 x 9's were rattling like crazy. When I tapped into the subwoofer out puts my whole car was shaking. The one 12" was way too much bass.

With that being said. I would use the subwoofer outputs from X1 vs the low level outputs from X3.
Shown_nuff is offline   Reply With Quote