Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #57
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post

As a Canadian, I beg to differ. Practically everyone assumes that when you say "America" or "American" you are referring to the United States of America and not one of the continents.
I know what you're saying also. Just saying that Canada and the US are part of North America. Maybe I should have picked a better choice of words .
Old 07-06-2010, 10:07 PM   #58
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrcromwell View Post
Ok, well, this Dave is being insecure & mad because I was being FB friends with the girlfriend he "owns". He figures I'm somehow breaking the 10th commandment of Thou Shall Not Covet & I'm coveting away the girlfriend he owns like property. I thought coveting only applied to when your married. Anyway, thats fine, he can own her, she won't stay too long I wouldn't guess with all the anger and hostilitly he has. I was being extra generous to buy phone minutes so she could talk to this Dave for many months. Well, that will all run out in a month and no more phone minutes. She was an ex-girlfriend from 10 years ago. We met on FB, and hit it off, but ran back to this Dave for no reason at all. So I just gave up and cut all ties after getting this email from him. My point I wanted to make was there was at least 2 dozen different ways to very nicely & politely say what he needed. The road he choose was the wrong one again. I know, ex-girlfriends never work out, I'm having trouble moving on, when theres nothing over the horizon. But she was my first real true love and still quite a knock out! Anyway, I thought I read on Wiki, that all Camaro's were only made in Canada, I don't rember reading they were made anywhere else. So if I got some of that info wrong, I'm sorry. But yeah, Dave is probably just BS-ing me to try and show off and make me feel bad. He accuses me of having some obsessive disorder, but since he want's to make his girlfriend his property, that's obsessive too on his part. Plus, Dave has a moderate head injury from some years ago, so everything he accused me of, he has the exact same things to work on as well. He told me I'm being a hypocrite, thats confusing when he is too!! (sigh)
Name:  huh.gif
Views: 141
Size:  322 Bytes

Uh............... dude,,,,,,,,,,,,, I think you have some sort of obessesive disorder too.........................
Old 07-06-2010, 10:07 PM   #59
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
NO IS NOT , CANADA IS IN NORTH AMERICA NOT IN AMERICA GO AND CHECK IT'S LIKE THIS NORTH AMERICA , CENTRAL AMERICA AND SOUTH AMERICA , SEE
What?

Even talk to a European? I have quite a few friends from Great Britain (England or the U.K)

The continent that makes up the landmass including the United States, Canada, and Mexico is "America"

To only call the United States of America (notice the "of America") as America is pretty egotistical. However it is the defacto standard in the America's to refer to America as the United States.

I'll take the Europeans view on that, since it was the Europeans that discovered "America"

As for the topic on hand. I wonder if the guy is too afraid of technology and that is how he reacts to something like that.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:11 PM   #60
O44DOG

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigachip View Post
Canada is in America
Old 07-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #61
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
What?

Even talk to a European? I have quite a few friends from Great Britain (England or the U.K)

The continent that makes up the landmass including the United States, Canada, and Mexico is "America"

To only call the United States of America (notice the "of America") as America is pretty egotistical. However it is the defacto standard in the America's to refer to America as the United States.

I'll take the Europeans view on that, since it was the Europeans that discovered "America"

As for the topic on hand. I wonder if the guy is too afraid of technology and that is how he reacts to something like that.
So if your buddy from Britain calls you and says "Hey, I'm going to America.", you think he's could be going to Mexico or Canada. Your crazy.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #62
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Ok, well, this Dave is being insecure & mad because I was being FB friends with the girlfriend he "owns". He figures I'm somehow breaking the 10th commandment of Thou Shall Not Covet & (1)I'm coveting away the girlfriend he owns like property. I thought coveting only applied to (2)when your married. Anyway, thats fine, he can own her, she won't stay too long I wouldn't guess with all the anger and hostilitly he has. (3) I was being extra generous to buy phone minutes so she could talk to this Dave for many months. Well, that will all run out in a month and no more phone minutes. She was an ex-girlfriend from 10 years ago. We met on FB, and hit it off, but ran back to this Dave for no reason at all. So I just gave up and cut all ties after getting this email from him. My point I wanted to make was there was at least 2 dozen different ways to very nicely & politely say what he needed. The road he choose was the wrong one again. (4) I know, ex-girlfriends never work out, I'm having trouble moving on, when theres nothing over the horizon. But she was my first real true love and still quite a knock out! Anyway, I thought I read on Wiki, that all Camaro's were only made in Canada, I don't rember reading they were made anywhere else. So if I got some of that info wrong, I'm sorry. But yeah, Dave is probably just BS-ing me to try and show off and make me feel bad. (5)He accuses me of having some obsessive disorder, but since he want's to make his girlfriend his property, that's obsessive too on his part. (6)Plus, Dave has a moderate head injury from some years ago, so everything he accused me of, he has the exact same things to work on as well. He told me I'm being a hypocrite, (7)thats confusing when he is too!! (sigh)
In order:
1) Sweet!
2) Yer splitting hairs, but yes... technically you're correct.
3) WTF?!!!
4) Been there, done that. Move on, bro, move on. Unless there's a chance of a good night's...nvm.
5) Ya think?
6) WTF Part 2?!!!
7) He's not the only one! A hypocrite calling another hypocrite a hypocrite ain't being a hypocrite, though.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #63
KungFuHamster

Quote:
Ok, well, this Dave is being insecure & mad because I was being FB friends with the girlfriend he "owns". He figures I'm somehow breaking the 10th commandment of Thou Shall Not Covet & I'm coveting away the girlfriend he owns like property. I thought coveting only applied to when your married. Anyway, thats fine, he can own her, she won't stay too long I wouldn't guess with all the anger and hostilitly he has. I was being extra generous to buy phone minutes so she could talk to this Dave for many months. Well, that will all run out in a month and no more phone minutes. She was an ex-girlfriend from 10 years ago. We met on FB, and hit it off, but ran back to this Dave for no reason at all. So I just gave up and cut all ties after getting this email from him. My point I wanted to make was there was at least 2 dozen different ways to very nicely & politely say what he needed. The road he choose was the wrong one again. I know, ex-girlfriends never work out, I'm having trouble moving on, when theres nothing over the horizon. But she was my first real true love and still quite a knock out! Anyway, I thought I read on Wiki, that all Camaro's were only made in Canada, I don't rember reading they were made anywhere else. So if I got some of that info wrong, I'm sorry. But yeah, Dave is probably just BS-ing me to try and show off and make me feel bad. He accuses me of having some obsessive disorder, but since he want's to make his girlfriend his property, that's obsessive too on his part. Plus, Dave has a moderate head injury from some years ago, so everything he accused me of, he has the exact same things to work on as well. He told me I'm being a hypocrite, thats confusing when he is too!! (sigh)
Old 07-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #64
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
wow
Old 07-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #65
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
What?

to every single off-topic, geographical nitpick ever.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 07-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #66
KungFuHamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn18 View Post
wow
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn18 View Post
wow
Old 07-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #67
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
to every single off-topic, geographical nitpick ever.
your crazy too!
Old 07-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #68
O44DOG

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigachip View Post
Canada is in America
Old 07-06-2010, 10:17 PM   #69
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
boo hoo, somebody insulted my car, boo hoo.....! sob.....sniff....sniff...

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:18 PM   #70
Ravirn
Account Unaccounted for

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
So if your buddy from Britain calls you and says "Hey, I'm going to America.", you think he's could be going to Mexico or Canada. Your crazy.
I spent last July in Paris, France. When talking to a "native" he asked me where I'm from as my French accent was a little "off". I stated I was from Canada.

Later that day, he introduced me to his roommate as someone from "The Americas". So no, not crazy. 320 million people in the United States of America. Some of you get fixated on the outlandish notion that you own the term "America". Over 6 billion people refer to people from North America as from "The Americas" or "over the Pond" or "The West". I've even corrected a British ex-patriot who introduced me as "American" ... outraged that he would label me as such. He responded, "Canada, United States, you're all Americans, bloke!"

Travel a bit, and expand your horizons.

Closed Thread