Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 02-11-2014, 12:25 PM   #15
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipinminn View Post
ALSO TEXAS is a GUN CARRY STATE I will CARRY and will keep and eye On my CAR and any others in my parking lot "O" YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Same here
Old 02-11-2014, 01:59 PM   #16
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
maybe this year, they will asked me to kick someone out. I train for months getting ready for parking lot security, then no one wants to play with me.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:03 PM   #17
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
maybe this year, they will asked me to kick someone out. I train for months getting ready for parking lot security, then no one wants to play with me.
i'll be ya huckleberry
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:29 PM   #18
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Challenge Accepted!
Old 02-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
You're hired! I could have used you for the last two years!

Seriously...we'll have security at a couple of the hotels. We obviously can't do security at all the hotels as that would be just out of this world expensive. We are going to call the local PD to let them know we'll be at the following hotels and will ask them to do "patrol by's" to show their presence.

We've had the group of guys come into the parking lot who don't belong and have kicked them out before....and these are the ones we need to keep an eye out for. Our PD caught them last year...up to no good. See somethinhg in a car and they'll snag it type of people. But other than that, we pretty much police ourselves. Yes, there will always be one bad apple in the group...who's with us. And that's the guy that WE need to keep in line.

Dust? Not a worry. Like someone else said, you'll encounter much more crap driving in than it sitting at the track.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:51 AM   #20
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
You're hired! I could have used you for the last two years!

I will agree you guys have done a great job on keeping an eye on the cars at the hotel. We all need to keep an eye out for each other, as it keeps it safe and fun.

This year, I have a powerlifting contest April 26th. I should be in great shape the following weekend in TX.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:01 AM   #21
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
Funny story about security at the Fest. Last year in Indy, I had my ZL1 parked in the Wyndham lot. On the last Saturday night, I had consumed a little more than I should have while sitting in my chair in front of my car. (I just dont drink much anymore).
Anyway, at the end of the night, I walked up to my room and realized I didnt have my cellphone. Went back down to the car, opened the passenger door to check the console. Then I remembered it was in the cupholder of the chair I had put in my trunk. So I walked back there and got it out.
The next morning when I came down to leave, there was my car with the passenger door standing open. I freaked out at first thinking someone had broken into it. Then it hit me...I never shut the door after I got the phone out of my trunk. I had a GPS, etc in my car but nothing had been touched. And thank God it didnt rain during the night.
So either I got very lucky or no bad guys cruised the lot that night looking for something to steal.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:16 AM   #22
tramtwo

.... or maybe the several people who "choose' to sleep in their cars were providing a deterrent.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #23
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LED Crazy View Post
I thought luggage kart racing goes on in the early mornings?
Yup, thats the only time we've found to have enough alchohol to fuel those high powered 1000 hp luggage carts, or at least enough alchohol to fuel those crazy enough to ride them.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:45 AM   #24
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
.... or maybe the several people who "choose' to sleep in their cars were providing a deterrent.

I hope so. I was surprised that noone pushed the door shut during the night. But I can understand noone wanting to mess with it. Good way to get shot.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:45 PM   #25
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Are you sure they were sleeping, or "Sleeping it off". That parking lot party does get a little crazy and I love every moment.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #26
tramtwo

yep you get it... a buddy of mine was complaining he spent money on a room he never used
Old 03-24-2014, 07:22 PM   #27
ss/rs/378

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Camaro Victory Red
You where in a good part of Indy!!
2.55 UPPER PULLEY,100MM IDLER PULLEY,160 STAT,PORTED TB,PORTED SNOUT,MSD PLUG WIRES,NKG PLUGS,KENNE BELL EXTERNAL FUEL PUMP,2"KOOKS HEADERS,HIGH FLOW CATS,3"CORSA 60LB DEKA INJECTORS TUNED BY FROST 580RWHP,571RWTQ.
ss/rs/378 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:33 AM   #28
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
It'll be a logistical nightmare but... Take the amount of Camaros in attendance and multiply by four. This is the amount of cinder blocks that will need to stolen from the concrete plant across the street.
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote