Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-05-2018, 12:32 PM   #43
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Simply reading and then coming to the conclusion that Hondas are unreliable is crazy!

I've owned 65 cars, the most reliable ones were Hondas (Seven). I had one Civic go over 500000 miles with just Oil Changes, bet it's still going unless a kid FnF'd it. I DD a Acura RSX which is rock solid.
My point through all of this is that Hondas can be unreliable like any other car. My MS3 was pretty much bullet proof, but I'm not going to use that as the benchmark for reliability of the brand. Other MS3s have been nightmares. Generally Honda is reliable, as is GM, as is Mazda, as is Hyundai, etc.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:23 PM   #44
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
If you guys have ever watched video of GM's Super Cruise on the CT6 in action in the real world, it's :this close: to being fully autonomous. That system is amazing and it's only semi-autonomous.

As far as Honda reliability is concerned, I've owned two Hondas. I think mechanical reliability is the result of good maintenance no matter what car company it is. But the main thing about Honda's reputation is that their interiors stay in good shape over 10 years. Old GMs didn't. GM today is much better, I have no issues with my Camaro. But Camaros of yore were notoriously rattle boxes. Cheaply made, poorly fitting plastic parts were the real problem. Frankly it's even present in 20 year old Cadillacs. That's not media conjecture, that's a fact.

My 90s era Pontiac was tight as a drum with perfect interior when I got rid of it with almost 160k miles in 2011. My father only purchased GM Oldmobiles so we gre up in Olds. Never had rattles or interiors coming apart, And we are talking late 50s 60s and 70s. One exception we had a 55 Olds 88 and my brother and I were wore the back seat out when we were tots. Back in the days when no seat belts and no safety seats. Tho good old days.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 10-05-2018 at 01:33 PM.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:28 PM   #45
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Toyota just had another Recall yesterday.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:30 PM   #46
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GelflingEssence View Post
You've watched too many "Real People" commercials. Those JD Power awards are bought and paid for.

True...they are bought and paid for like Consumer Reports even when they were hyping the japanese cars.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:49 PM   #47
torqueaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
How could that be? I owned 50 toyotas, each with a 1,000,000 miles. Never an issue. Original factory oil as well! That's fake news!
Old 10-05-2018, 03:13 PM   #48
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Software issue on hybrids. If the gas engine fails, sometimes the hybrid system won't let it limp home like designed.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:25 PM   #49
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
Maybe, not the point really. He claimed Honda / Toyota are always rated on top. I showed him otherwise.
Funny you made this thread and quoted this report..

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
And then the same report showing the best automakers has Honda and Toyota in it.

https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2018/02/top-10-best-automakers-of-2018-consumer-reports.html

Do you have selective reading or what?
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 03:59 PM   #50
torqueaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Funny you made this thread and quoted this report..

And then the same report showing the best automakers has Honda and Toyota in it.

https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2018/02/top-10-best-automakers-of-2018-consumer-reports.html
They barely made that list. And read the excerpts. Predicted reliability for Honda - average. Average owner satisfaction for Toyota. That's not being 'on top'. Even Subaru was rated higher. Hyundai outright demolished them.

Dropping from the top spots to 9th and 10th place isn't anything to be proud of. It only proves they are going downhill. They may not even be on that list for 2019.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:01 PM   #51
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
My 90s era Pontiac was tight as a drum with perfect interior when I got rid of it with almost 160k miles in 2011. My father only purchased GM Oldmobiles so we gre up in Olds. Never had rattles or interiors coming apart, And we are talking late 50s 60s and 70s. One exception we had a 55 Olds 88 and my brother and I were wore the back seat out when we were tots. Back in the days when no seat belts and no safety seats. Tho good old days.
Oh there’s no question GM’s interiors were top notch, pretty much from the Harley Earl days through the early 70s. Then GM learned the fine art of cost cutting, learned how to mold plastic in vast expanses using a cost effective formula that resulted in hard surfaces and poor fitment/gaps, and the line workers lost the pride in their jobs and started slapping stuff together.

GM interiors until the late 90s could be decent or really awful. But around ‘95-96 they brought out the vast expanses of either monotone gray or monotone tan and no cohesion. They were some of the worst interiors ever. Not from a subjective standpoint but objectively - the mold seams where the plastic oozes between the forms were everywhere.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:54 AM   #52
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:

Mmmmm 55 Olds 88

http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/MW...-Oldsmobile-88
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:23 PM   #53
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouce View Post

Yeh...thats it. Ours was red and white.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:29 AM   #54
ljc

Drives: 2ss Nightfall Grey
NSXMatt is pretty accurate in his assessment. I've worked at a Honda dealer for 8 years in the Service Department and witnessed pretty much the same.
ljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:06 PM   #55
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Yeh...thats it. Ours was red and white.

Looks real cool. A 50s Classic.
Check out that grill. Look like its smoking to cigars at both sides of its mouth. Bad ass.

Last edited by Deputy Dog; 10-13-2018 at 12:10 PM. Reason: s
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote