Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-18-2018, 04:39 PM   #1
DuoMaxwell007

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 2LT
Camaro 2LT 2013 Questions

First off are the blind spots so bad that inexperienced drivers would be afraid to change lanes or merge in one? I mean ppl also complain about the rear vision as well but I dont drive backwards so I'm no concerned with what's behind me as long as I can see what's on the sides and how close/far they are to make changing lanes good.

Second I keep seeing a car listed as a 2LT now its listed as an "LT w/2LT" so I'm wondering is there a such thing as an 2LT or is there just LT and LT w/2LT? I have reason to believe that the LT listed is a 2LT since I'm told 2LT has leather seats whereas LT is cloth and the seats Im looking at are leather so that makes it a 2LT right? Unless they have ppl who take cloth seats out of an LT and replace them with leather (which if you're gonna do that then why not just get a 2LT to begin with?)

what stock interior features does a 2013 2LT have that LT doesnt? I've heard a 2LT has remote start, heated steering wheel yet the listing I see mentioned keyless entry (which isnt the same as remote start) and nothing about the steering wheel.

Finally how many miles can one usually get before age problems arise? The one I wanna buy has 61k miles on it which isnt bad at all. But I have a 2008 Ford Tarus X with 160000 miles on it and it still works but I've had to replace its Transmission TWICE. I'm wondering how long a Camaro can go before I have to worry about expensive repairs such as those?

I'm hoping to get 5 good years out of it (especially since 3 of those years will be spent paying it off). I'd hate to have to replace or repair parts on a car that's so "new" I dont even fully own it yet lol.
DuoMaxwell007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 05:10 PM   #2
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
mine is a 2015 2LT.as far as i know the extras include HUD,leather seats,fancier headlights and 20" wheels,plus heated seats.not sure about the 2013s but i imagine they would be close spec wise.ive only got 37k miles on mine so not sure about trans durability.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 05:49 PM   #3
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoMaxwell007 View Post
First off are the blind spots so bad that inexperienced drivers would be afraid to change lanes or merge in one?
Yes, the blind spots are a challenge for me and I'm an experienced driver. Changing lanes is sketchy in traffic, so I usually only change lanes after overtaking another car so I know it is clear.

Rear view is poor as well, but not as important unless backing.

I can't answer any of your other questions except to say that I see no reason that a properly maintained 2013 Camaro won't last another 5 years. Heck, my improperly maintained truck is 18 years old and still starts up every time.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:35 PM   #4
DuoMaxwell007

Well as for your 18 year old truck goes. Well a truck is built for durability a Camaro is just a fancy budget priced sports car so yeah I expect a truck to last forever even if its 18 years old. It sacrafices style for dependabilty.

As for switching lanes well yeah I've only been driving a year and I'm not a fan of doing it in a car that has no blindspot issues so umI can only imagine what a Camaro would be like. Also an 2LT should come with a rear view cam anyway so backing shouldnt be an issue really.

As for pro poo rely maintaining a car well only thing I know about cars is how to drive em and put gas in em. I wouldnt even know when it was time to change the oil or tire pressure if my car didnt tell me. So I wouldnt know what "proper maintenance" consists of. Heck I wouldnt even know how to change a flat if I ever had to (but considering I'm not an idiot Im sure I'd figure it out)
Old 11-19-2018, 12:07 AM   #5
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i had a pontiac solstice before i bought the camaro.while the camaro has blind spots,the solstice was much worse.but yes,on a busy interstate its best to switch lanes with caution.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:19 AM   #6
DuoMaxwell007

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
i had a pontiac solstice before i bought the camaro.while the camaro has blind spots,the solstice was much worse.but yes,on a busy interstate its best to switch lanes with caution.

Well I rarely drive on the interstate anyway, and when I do.. a 70mph when at that speed unless its rush hour traffic or you guys are racing. No one should ever be close enough to you at that speed for changing lanes to be an issue
Old 11-19-2018, 12:30 AM   #7
0-120

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS LS3
Urban interstates are hectic; imagine someone speeding up from the right lane merging to center while you are also merging center- you wouldn't see them unless you were looking for them. I got two rear view mirrors suction-cupped onto the windshield angled so that blind spots are no longer blind. In other vehicles I immediately search for those mirrors before changing lanes! They make driving the Camaro much less stressful.

Here's the link to the ones I got: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I haven't had any issue with rear view, but I'm used to backing with only side mirrors to go on. The rear camera in the Camaro ensures you won't back over any bikes.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:54 AM   #8
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
There is no heated steering wheel..LOL heated seats; on a 13 you should have on a 2 lt basically everything a 2ss does, leather seats, etc Visability is not that bad, it takes a while to get used to how wide the car is so watch curbing.

You should look at most common problems associated that could occur and see which model of the v-6 it has. The timing chain and charcoal evap canister are the only ones I have seen much over the years for problems reoccurring. Sure some may get a lemon but basically you should be pretty good to go and even then a replacement engine being so popular is not that much for a entire new crate engine.

The v-6 came with the same rear for a manual a ss gets, and the transmissions ..have not heard complaints about the v-6 manual or auto in particular. You could look up true delta to see what repairs have been reported by owners over the years, not any other site I know of that did take the info and compile it like they did. Good Luck.

And yes there are 1lt, 2lt, and even the RS option with head lights being HID, sporty wheels and painted drip molding on the roof. Just as there are 1ls and 2ls.... 1ss, 2ss, z28, zl1, and a 1le handling option like RS now available for even four banger Camaros.... stuff to compare and read up on, they changed the motors for the v-6 around then;and went with a head and exhaust manifold one piece top end for the newer engine also....so no headers for them..... things to read up on. And the seats could have been optioned with out the whole package...but rare...
Old 11-19-2018, 10:10 AM   #9
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
If you adjust the side view mirrors properly, the blind spots to the side are manageable. The key is that you don’t need the side view mirrors to see way behind you; the rear view mirror does that. You can angle the side view mirrors out farther to capture what is alongside of you. I have mine set so that a car disappears from the side mirror as it is entering view from the window.

The LT with 2LT is just a goofy way of wording things, I saw that when I bought mine also. There’s a 1LT and a 2LT - just like there’s a 1LS and 2LS and a 1SS and a 2SS. Here’s what you get with a 2LT:

In addition to or replacing 1LT features, 2LT includes:
19" Bright Silver-painted aluminum wheels
Leather-appointed seating
Head-Up Display (HUD)
4-gauge auxiliary cluster
Boston AcousticsŪ premium sound system
SiriusXM Satellite Radio3 with 12 trial months
Rear Vision Package (Coupe)

From the 2013 brochure here:

https://cdn.dealereprocess.net/cdn/b...013-camaro.pdf

There’s also an RS appearance package that adds some cosmetics like 20in. wheels, HID / halo headlights, etc.
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:20 PM   #10
Foxfire15

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS BVM
Always with the visibility. You people need to learn to adjust your mirrors. I DD my car in traffic and have had very few issues losing people in my "blind spots" outside of my own impatience.
Foxfire15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:40 PM   #11
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
There is no heated steering wheel..LOL heated seats; on a 13 you should have on a 2 lt basically everything a 2ss does, leather seats, etc Visability is not that bad, it takes a while to get used to how wide the car is so watch curbing.

You should look at most common problems associated that could occur and see which model of the v-6 it has. The timing chain and charcoal evap canister are the only ones I have seen much over the years for problems reoccurring. Sure some may get a lemon but basically you should be pretty good to go and even then a replacement engine being so popular is not that much for a entire new crate engine.

The v-6 came with the same rear for a manual a ss gets, and the transmissions ..have not heard complaints about the v-6 manual or auto in particular. You could look up true delta to see what repairs have been reported by owners over the years, not any other site I know of that did take the info and compile it like they did. Good Luck.

And yes there are 1lt, 2lt, and even the RS option with head lights being HID, sporty wheels and painted drip molding on the roof. Just as there are 1ls and 2ls.... 1ss, 2ss, z28, zl1, and a 1le handling option like RS now available for even four banger Camaros.... stuff to compare and read up on, they changed the motors for the v-6 around then;and went with a head and exhaust manifold one piece top end for the newer engine also....so no headers for them..... things to read up on. And the seats could have been optioned with out the whole package...but rare...
Timing chain was an LLT issue, I think Chevy fixed it when they introduced the LFX engine which his 2013 will have. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:06 PM   #12
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
I've been driving mine for just under 6 years and have never changed lanes in it LOL J/K
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:03 PM   #13
Yellow Bullet

Drives: 2017 Chevy Sonic RS 1.4T
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
Changing lanes is sketchy in traffic, so I usually only change lanes after overtaking another car so I know it is clear.
This, I also drive faster than everyone else and double check regardless. The Camaro's beautiful curves don't come without baggage.

2017 Sonic Mosaic Black RS 1.4T
Yellow Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote