Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
beany323

Drives: Camaro 2SS /RS/1LE
Incoming 1LE and tire question (replacement)

looks like i have a white 1le coming to me tommorrow or after xmas!

And by tires i meant only the tires. Keeping the rims. (sorry about that!!)

I wasnt planning on getting so soon so i didnt have time to ask a question beforehand. (i know, never put off today what you can do tommorrow)(or something like that)

the question is, i dont really want the tires that come with the car. would a good suggestion is to drive it as little as possible trying to find someone who would buy them?

second questions is how much are they worth used? (not like 200 ++ miles.. but depending on where it is and how they get it to my dealer mileage)?

been looking around these forums and seeing tires that i like to put on. Nothing fancy or super racing tires. just good solid tires that will last .. 36000 miles or more. (unsure what mileage the ones that come with the car are expected to last to)

thanks again and hoping that the car shows up monday. dec 24th. i do love me. (dont even say it... )

thanks in advance.

./bow

Last edited by beany323; 12-23-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: more clarity!
beany323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
The goodyears are $360.00 a piece at tirerack i had to buy 1 after i got a nail in my brand new 300 mile 1LE and with my costco disc. i got it from my chevy dealer(their price $339.00)$311.00.Not sure what the rims cost.
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
beany323

thanks for the info. just gotta find a place to replace and place an ad somewhere for them.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
beany323

didnt want to make another post, but i know the size of the rims 285/35/20.

how much bigger/larger can i get? 40-45?

sorry i know i saw it here before and as i said... i didnt expect me to buy one jsut yet.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #5
Jgraves12

Drives: IOM 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
how much are you going to sell your tires for? (might be interested)

2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE Camaro
Jgraves12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by beany323 View Post
looks like i have a white 1le coming to me tommorrow or after xmas!

And by tires i meant only the tires. Keeping the rims. (sorry about that!!)

I wasnt planning on getting so soon so i didnt have time to ask a question beforehand. (i know, never put off today what you can do tommorrow)(or something like that)

the question is, i dont really want the tires that come with the car. would a good suggestion is to drive it as little as possible trying to find someone who would buy them?

second questions is how much are they worth used? (not like 200 ++ miles.. but depending on where it is and how they get it to my dealer mileage)?

been looking around these forums and seeing tires that i like to put on. Nothing fancy or super racing tires. just good solid tires that will last .. 36000 miles or more. (unsure what mileage the ones that come with the car are expected to last to)

thanks again and hoping that the car shows up monday. dec 24th. i do love me. (dont even say it... )

thanks in advance.

./bow
CONGRATS! Please let us know if you take delivery before the holidays! I am sure you are excited!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 12-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #7
bpdcop100

Drives: 2013 1LE,
I am in Maryland. Where are you located. I might be interested in 2 or all 4.
bpdcop100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #8
beany323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
CONGRATS! Please let us know if you take delivery before the holidays! I am sure you are excited!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
thank you again and i have seen you on the forums answering and helping where you can, great job!

Both fell through. unsure exactly why, but they found a black one minus the npp. i said, while i dont mind black. i really prefer white. and just want the basic, rs/npp. i dont need a car cover or nav.

Will work with dealership and see if any more are inbound. Not sure how that works exactly. considering ordering and waiting will be the worst part!

thanks everyone for input and maybe i cas spend time and do more research!

merry x-mas everyone!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #9
CoolMaster

Drives: AGM 1SS 1LE
Hello All,
Well I am in the same boat here. I will be looking a replacing the F1's as soon as my car is deliverd. So what is a good "all-season" high performance tire for the 1LE. I have been thinking/reading about the Toyo Proxes 4+ in 275/40R20. What are your thoughts? Oh and I will be selling the Goodyears. So If any one in the Utah/Southwest is interested let me know.
CoolMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #10
jgalewsk

Drives: 2013 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMaster View Post
Hello All,
Well I am in the same boat here. I will be looking a replacing the F1's as soon as my car is deliverd. So what is a good "all-season" high performance tire for the 1LE. I have been thinking/reading about the Toyo Proxes 4+ in 275/40R20. What are your thoughts? Oh and I will be selling the Goodyears. So If any one in the Utah/Southwest is interested let me know.
Keep in mind that the size you are looking at are a whole inch larger in diameter. I think they will fit, but you might want to check around and see if anyone is running that size up front.

When my goodyears wear down all the way, I will be switching to Michelin Super Sport's. I know it's not an all season tire, but it sure is one of the best performance tires with great rain and cold temp capabilities. Search for reviews on these. It is also one of the highest rated tires on tirerack. They do tend to be a little pricey though. I think they are well worth it. Your location and normal weather conditions will certainly play a big part in your decision though.
jgalewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #11
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMaster View Post
Hello All,
They will fit but will look more stretched on the rear, and they are about .5" taller than the tires that come on, which is the same sa stock SS tires.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #12
jgalewsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
They will fit but will look more stretched on the rear, and they are about .5" taller than the tires that come on, which is the same sa stock SS tires.
They will definitely look more stretched in the rear. I would suggest a wider tire for the rear. And 275/40/20's are 0.81 inches taller than the stock 285/35/20's to be exact, but in the real world it will certainly vary.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:43 PM   #13
beany323

how much wider? i am keeping the ones i got with the car. figure i'll get 2-3 years of wear on them unless i get a offer i cant refuse..

tricky part is finding the same brand/style in 2 various sizes and not costing a arm and a small leg.

I also was considering 275/40/20's front and back.
all i found was:

Eagle GT (W-Speed Rated)
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....Qty=4&i1_Qty=4

or these:
g-Force Sport COMP-2

help? (for later on down the road) thx!

also incoming mod: exhaust since i didnt get npp.

Borla 11788 Rear Section Exhaust. Atak.

Updated w/ Willow Springs:
1. Nissan GTR Track Pack 1:19.6 2. Ducati 1198 S 1:19.7 3. Nissan GTR 1:20.3 4. Corvette Z06 1:20.4
5. Audi R8 V10 Plus 1:22.0 6. Ferrari 458 Italia 1:22.3
7. CAMARO SS 1LE 1:22.7
8. Shelby GT 500 1:23.5
9. Mustang Gt Track Pack 1:25.8

Last edited by beany323; 01-02-2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: dork.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #14
jgalewsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by beany323 View Post
how much wider? i am keeping the ones i got with the car. figure i'll get 2-3 years of wear on them unless i get a offer i cant refuse..

tricky part is finding the same brand/style in 2 various sizes and not costing a arm and a small leg.

I also was considering 275/40/20's front and back.
all i found was:

Eagle GT (W-Speed Rated)

or these:
g-Force Sport COMP-2

help? (for later on down the road) thx!

also incoming mod: exhaust since i didnt get npp.

Borla 11788 Rear Section Exhaust. Atak.
I don't know much about either of those tires you mentioned. As to your question about width, I decided on going with 275/35 in front and 295/35 in rear since the Michelin super sports run wider than almost every other tire. You also don't want to forget about the ratio between front and rear diameters because the ABS module will freak out. I'm not sure of the threshold, but I think 1 inch difference in diameter between front and rear would be the farthest I would go. It's too bad the stock setup didn't come staggered like the zl1, but that's a whole nother topic by itself. Since you are wanting a square setup, you shouldn't have to worry about ABS issues. It was just a heads up in case you change your mind and want to switch to a staggered setup.

I don't try to go cheap when it comes to tires. I always like the summer performance tires because of the better traction when it's hot, and the stiffer sidewalls for better steering response. But you have to pay to play. All seasons tend to have a more flexible sidewall. If you can find some that don't change the crispness of the 1LE's steering, let me know lol. It's all up to you and what you want out of your car and what your budget is.

For exhaust, borla atak is pretty good. Do you want a better sound or more volume? If you want loud, check my vid in my build thread. If you want sound, do an axle back if you don't plan on doing any major mods later and have a lower budget. Or a cat back if you have the money. Personally my favorite setup would be LT headers and a nice catback, but that will be after the warranty is up.