Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-16-2011, 10:26 AM   #785
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Russell:
Thanks, I don't need my vin looked up, but I just wanted you to know that site doesn't work for us mere mortals.

I am pretty sure PQ has an early VIN.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #786
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
PQ took deliver early so his car is most likely under 30k, the question remains on if his car has ever been flashed or not.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #787
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Russell:
Thanks, I don't need my vin looked up, but I just wanted you to know that site doesn't work for us mere mortals.

It's not working for me either. Which is strange, it use to. I got the link from another thread where everyone was using it. It must have been locked down to dealers recently. If PQ needs his VIN looked up, I can check with my neighbor that I know has access.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #788
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
have you even invested in a scan tool yet,, pick one up at your local parts store,, at least one that has live data,, it will at least give you the basics of what is going on

look at your LTFT and STFT (long and short term fuel trims) and see what they are doing,, this will tell you alot!!

what did you use to extend your map sensor harness to the rear of the supercharger intake, did you use your original map sensor from your intake manifold or was there a map already installed on the supercharger, and is it also reading correct on the scan tool. and is the small vacuum port plugged on the back of the supercharger by the map sensor
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller

Last edited by camaro1; 01-16-2011 at 11:11 AM.
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:49 AM   #789
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
have you even invested in a scan tool yet,, pick one up at your local parts store,, at least one that has live data,, it will at least give you the basics of what is going on

look at your LTFT and STFT (long and short term fuel trims) and see what they are doing,, this will tell you alot!!

The one that came with the SC should also be able to give him that info and catalog it at the same time.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:00 AM   #790
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver2SSRS6spd View Post

The one that came with the SC should also be able to give him that info and catalog it at the same time.
right,,, so whats the problem,, give us some codes and data!!

no one can fix a fuel injected vehicle with the only thing we know is" there is some smoke, some popping and it dies" ,,lol give us some numbers , some data logs,, whats the map reading at idle, whats the maf reading,, what is the LTFT , ,,,
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #791
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
So can someone look up my bin and see if it has been flashed? I know my car is under the 30k #. I have not had a problem with the ax but did have the heater hose and battery cable issue fixed. Would they have flashed then?

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #792
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

The $150 scanners are a great tool, I used mine to keep and eye on my coolant temp while warming it up without having to look inside the car every minute. The fuel trim data should be able to tell us exactly when it tries to change modes.

The only problem I have with the scanner that came with my SC is that it didn't see my ECU the other day after the car was tuned with an HP Tuner, I need to check again. That's why I'm glad I have a regular scanner.

Lets hope this is his problem and he can put some lipstick on that beautiful beast of his and enjoy some boost, and snap some more pictures of Bonnie and the Maggie!
Old 01-16-2011, 11:33 AM   #793
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
What the name of the scanner you have.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:48 AM   #794
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
The first big OS update was end of Oct 2009. I remember my Diablo and other handheld tuners were in limbo until they updated their software during that time... At that time we had to make sure the dealerships didn't flash w/ the new OS or our handhelds would be down until they got the update.

Nice post GMRULZ...
Old 01-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #795
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Does the O/S problem block any handheld reprogramming? I'm just thinking if PQ already had LT's, CAI, and no cats, probably already retuned at least once before. Would the O/S problem have showed up then?
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #796
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Does the O/S problem block any handheld reprogramming? I'm just thinking if PQ already had LT's, CAI, and no cats, probably already retuned at least once before. Would the O/S problem have showed up then?
No it took about a month for the handhelds to catch up... once you downloaded the new update they handled either OS...

I never had my first car flashed...(mainly for this reason). then updated the Diablo software and it still worked fine even when I transferred to the new car.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:33 PM   #797
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:

what did you use to extend your map sensor harness to the rear of the supercharger intake, did you use your original map sensor from your intake manifold or was there a map already installed on the supercharger, and is it also reading correct on the scan tool. and is the small vacuum port plugged on the back of the supercharger by the map sensor
yeah that is exactly what I have been saying...When the computer starts running its tests and the ltft and stft are bouncing thru their tests something is telling the ECM to adjust fuel and it throwing it way off and causing it to shut off or stall. Once you find the parameter that is off you can add or deduct fuel at those points and then when the test happens it does not overcompensate the wrong way. Its hard to explain without being able to show the screen where all this is shown and mine is done on a HP tuner anyway..but they all have pretty much the same logging screen showing this as its running.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #798
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRULZ View Post
PQ,

I don`t know if you havve looked into this or not but this was a problem w/ my car after the Whipple install. I would assume it would be an issue with any blower and any early 2010 that has not had a updated O/S from GM. Runs great for a minute or so while in open loop hits closed loop and dies. Here is what I said and the fix. not sure if your problem but something worth checking:

One thing that is very important that we found out the hardway. Please read the following as it is very important, I would assume for almost any blower install but this was definetly the case with my Whipple. I had taken off work to do this build w/ my friends, the first thing we did per whipples instructions was try to dowload the superchips tune in the car. did not work. Instead of calling whipple then we chose to continue with the job, pretty much had to get cracking as 1 freind took the day off too to help. We got it all done and attempted to install the tune again, called superchips that sat morn and no one was there, spoke to Jeff at Whipple who sent us some HPtuners tunes as we had plans on doing the fine tuning w/ HPtuners since my car is not stock and the superchips tune was for stock. Once the car went into closed loop it would not stay running. We tried everything, nothing worked my tuner came over no dice. Called superchips mon morning they said my Operating system in my computer was not supported by them. I have an early 2010 VIN ends 12,546 and I have never had an update done by GM to my PCM/TCM. My tuner tried and tried to get it to stay running w/ tuning in HPtuners. However, there were tables missing from my PCM that were in other peoples Whipple tunes who sent them to us trying to help me. Thanks again everybody. Well the table that was missing is the Air/Fuel Ratio Analysis program. Its not in the old OS, but is in the new OS from GM. I can`t understand why GM shipped cars w/ out this table. I guess they did a patchwork to get them to run NA, but boy it sure won`t run w/ the blower. Runs fine is open loop, hits closed loop let of on the gas floods out and cuts off no matter what you do. So I took the car to my dealer freind, had to tow it, they flashed it. Starts up runs and drives fine. Disabled AFM and drove it home. Crazy. So the moral here is if you have an older VIN w/ no updates, go weeks in advance and get your car flashed by the dealer w/ the updates. I have been through this pain for you. Don`t make the same mistake....Lol..

Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...hlight=whipple
I have indeed had the Flash from the dealer. At least they told me they were doing it and I had to wait for a while. I have my dealer do all of my services. So I am definitely up to date. Damn good info though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
I think we have a winner right here....this makes the most sense and fits the bill of what's happening to a T.
Sure did. I got excited reading it but I've had all the dealer updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
It sure looks like when it begins doing its short and long trim and computer is trying to make its adjustments and running its tests that it is pulling out all the fuel....thus stalling. When you get it to your tuner I am sure he will see it trying to make these huge adjustments. Then the problem is to determine the reason why. Hopefully, it is just in the tune itself and he can adjust it so the tests dont attempt to pull as much out..Or maybe just the front 02 sensors turned off or something. You are so patient with all of this...I probably would have been across the county in Tx having Andy checking it out for me by now.
Logistics. This city just doesn't have any shops. Much less good shops. At least none that seem to want to be found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Yes, but you are under very different circumstances now. Anyways, it just take a second to check. I read the PCM flash post, that really sounds like the problem right there. I hope you get it fixed soon. You know all this pain is gonna be SO worth it when you are done and when you get that win over GTAHVIT!!!
I checked it. I have the single number blade. I was hoping.

Quote:
http://tis2web.xw.gm.com/tis2web

Should be able to plug the VIN in there to determine the O/S and updates available.
Had the flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
If you were an early vin and have taken your car in for the air conditioning "freeze up" flash then it has been updated already for you. If you bought it after the service bulliten for the air conditioning and I think the heater hose fix then it was done before delivery. It would be very rare to have not already had this done..If I remember this only had an effect on 30000 and under vins but cant be certain on that...sunday morning brain freeze and too lazy to look it up.

Good point to raise though. Once you have a tune installed place tape over your obdII with a warning to the dealer not to flash unless they talk to you.

They will load a flash over the top of your tune and set back to stock and then you wont be going anywhere. In my case I am converted to E85 and the car would not even start on a stock tune and would be dangerously lean.

Quote:
Seems though - if the actuator was opened, stock injectors, and OE tune it should idle normally if nothing else was wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Russell:

#************9067

Quote:
PQ took deliver early so his car is most likely under 30k, the question remains on if his car has ever been flashed or not.
Flashed.

Quote:

All I have is the SCT.

Got codes

P0171 = p1070 fuel trim malfunction, lean condition.

P0300 = P0300 Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

P0650 = DTC P0650 set indicates an improper voltage level on the output circuit that controls the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL)

Quote:

I cna do a data log. But I'd have to send the file to someone who can read it.

Quote:
right,,, so whats the problem,, give us some codes and data!!

no one can fix a fuel injected vehicle with the only thing we know is" there is some smoke, some popping and it dies" ,,lol give us some numbers , some data logs,, whats the map reading at idle, whats the maf reading,, what is the LTFT , ,,,
Above. I just got them. Car still shows no codes thrown. I didnt' look for any becaue there seemed to be none thrown plus I have to get it to a tuner anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
What the name of the scanner you have.
SCT.

Quote:
I had it tuned before but just a mail tune mainly to get the 02s turned off.