Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #15
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
if you hate it so much, move on...

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:23 AM   #16
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Exactly why I wanted to leave this in the v6 section. Would actually get some info
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:46 AM   #17
j_gira

Drives: Camaro
says video is private
j_gira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #18
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
If this keeps up, lemon law that beeoch!
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #19
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Had mine since December of 2009 with over 26,000 miles on it , the only time it has been to the dealer for somthing broken is for a AC divertor door breaking about a month after I got it. No complaints from me here...
Old 03-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #20
Blacktip

Drives: 2011 1LT Silver RS package
Lemon law only applies if its that same stupid thing three times . ...I think it was invented by GM
Old 03-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #21
Flashpoint135

Drives: 2016 SS
Looks like a bad gauge to me. Nothing wrong with the engine, the motor is not ratcheting down RPMs, just the gauge. Could still be any of the componenets that send the info to the gauge. Do you have a HUD to compare with? Maybe a wire to a sensor is loose somewhere? Did this start right after a mod (when a wire could have been pulled or knocked loose)?
Old 03-15-2012, 03:28 PM   #22
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
I could be wrong, but I know there is a little motor of some sort that moves the needles on your gauge cluster. I am trying to find the actual name of this "motor". A friend of mine left his window down one night and got gauge cluster soaked from the rain. He had this exact problem with his speedometer and another gauge didn't work. He replaced these two motors things and it worked fine. There was some soldering involved, but he fixed it and he isn't a very bright fella. Odds are the dealer will just replace the whole cluster for you. Don't feel bad, I have a Toyota 4Runner that cost several thousand more when it was new than my Camaro and It's a pile of crap. Anything that can break has broke, including the crank pully while driving down the road. Good luck.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #23
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10 View Post
I could be wrong, but I know there is a little motor of some sort that moves the needles on your gauge cluster. I am trying to find the actual name of this "motor". A friend of mine left his window down one night and got gauge cluster soaked from the rain. He had this exact problem with his speedometer and another gauge didn't work. He replaced these two motors things and it worked fine. There was some soldering involved, but he fixed it and he isn't a very bright fella. Odds are the dealer will just replace the whole cluster for you. Don't feel bad, I have a Toyota 4Runner that cost several thousand more when it was new than my Camaro and It's a pile of crap. Anything that can break has broke, including the crank pully while driving down the road. Good luck.
FYI, They are called "Stepper Motors"
Old 03-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #24
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Weeeeeeellll there's always the Honda Accord coupe. FWD, torque steer, nerdy looks but bullet proof reliability. All my Hondas have been reliable, trouble free partners. Only problem is they're boring as all get out. Except for the TSX. That was a fun car.

I've had a few issues with my Camaro. Power steering pump went out, driver's seat frame had to be replaced, heated seats went out and about the time I took it in for that, the problem fixed itself they of course found no issues and it's been fine ever since. Driver's window kicks back down sometimes when I'm rolling both windows up after the car is turned off. And oh yeah, the motor went kaput.

I guess my point is I have never once had a complete stranger come up and say "Wow, nice Honda." Those 3 words will never live in the same sentence together, ever. Lol. In the words of John Candy from the movie Splash. "Nobody ever said love is perfect." I love my Maro...warts and all. Hope you can get this sorted out. I seriously doubt the mechanics would even notice the 9mm height difference on your IM. Just put your engine cover back on.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #25
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I too got tired of all the problems with mine some time ago and unloaded it. But, I didn't give up on Chevy or my dealer. I am now waiting for a ZL1 to show up in the hopes that I got a first year early build lemon and everything will be right in the world once I have my new ride.

Hope you get everything worked out.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:01 AM   #26
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Ill admit - at first I thougth you were full of Sh**. But seeing the video, that woudl annoy me too. There a few early prodcution units that had bad guages needles from teh supplier. I think they were ctaching on the bezel. At any case, it was very early production and quickly fixed.

Myabe you have one of those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
Old 03-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #27
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Your exhaust may be connecting with the frame somewhere with your 5500 rpm power loss. Causing the knock sensors to pull timing for a split second because it thinks there is detonation. That or a little bit of intake oil ingestion.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #28
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Hey First off want to thank Bretzel for posting the video. You are awesome man and I truly appreciate it!
An thanks guys for all your input. I too think its probably just a bad gauge. I don't think anything mechanical would cause that
Worst part is the problem comes and goes. So I'm too lazy to go back to stock right now so I'm going to wait until my new heated seat comes in and then bring it then
Don't get me wrong guys. I love this car. This specific car too soo wouldn't be able to lemon it because it has a lot of sentimental value to me
So I guess I'll have to stop my b****ing and just put up with it.
Thanks again guys for all your input. Truly appreiciate it!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote