Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-17-2012, 12:16 AM   #113
11 Camaro IBM

Drives: Camaro IBM
I'm gonna buy it in mabe a week or so but numbers would help either way I'm getting it kinda have a goal to get all bolt ins possible
11 Camaro IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:05 AM   #114
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Hey Mace can you pm a price to l6r0j7 Canada please. Hoping to buy this in the next few weeks
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:26 AM   #115
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
It is either this or nada !!

Old 04-17-2012, 06:45 AM   #116
Blacktip

Drives: 2011 1LT Silver RS package
PM price to 33412.....thank you
Old 04-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #117
MACE_ENG

Drives: LLT Machine
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
Yep y'all are right about cost, guess I didn't believe how much an intake manifold could cost today.
Still would like to see some numbers.
Volume (or lack there of) is always going to be a challenge with such products

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11 Camaro IBM View Post
I'm gonna buy it in mabe a week or so but numbers would help either way I'm getting it kinda have a goal to get all bolt ins possible
Results will come

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Hey Mace can you pm a price to l6r0j7 Canada please. Hoping to buy this in the next few weeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktip View Post
PM price to 33412.....thank you
PMing you guys shortly
MACE_ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #118
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
pm price
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:37 PM   #119
Camaro1*

Drives: 2011Black Camaro 1 LT RS
Pm price please 44149
Old 04-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #120
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Wouldn't a simple aluminimum "box" that replaces the plenum cover work much better than a spacer?
Old 04-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #121
Hunt3r

Drives: 2011 IBM LT RS Silver Rally Stripes
Please PM pricing to 29588. Thanks
Interior: Silver Carbon Door & Dash/Emblem Pro's HUD Emblem & Underhood Bowtie/Visor Radar Mount/Blue LED Footwell, Dome, Trunk Lighting/RF Prime R1000 Amp/******** DS Enclosure/JL Audio 12W3 Sub/IBM Vented Tire Well Cover
Performance: Injen Short Air Intake/RX Catch Can & Breather/Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust/VMAX Black ICE-olator/Trifecta Tune/SS Springs/Auto Pistol Grip with Tapshift
Hunt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #122
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
Not to be a downer, But for some reason I am not digging on this. Don't get me wrong, I understand the technical aspect of it with increasing the plenum area and the heat soak problem. I just think someone could come up with a manifold that would fix all the problems not mask them.

Plus I need to see some numbers before I buy into something.
I been r&d'ing this for almost a month now for mace and I can certainly respect that some peoples would want to see "gains" but sometimes when we mod our car is not always about getting that extra 10 hp. Now I'm not saying that there's no gain with increasing Plenum volume since I haven't been on the dyno yet, but I wouldn't say is masking either. I guess you could say we are masking with vmax and mace insulator too what surprised us the most is how our kr data went from the usual 3.6(93 octane) on part throttle to almost zero! Vince had to actually triple check the tune to make sure I was not running a different tune with the knock sensor desensitized. The benefit of decreasing sragnet air and distributing equal air to all 6 runners is enough to justify the purchase for me even if I see zero gain. If we can decrease kr on this engine naturally without actually desensitizing than that is better than a few extra hp anyday. The hump on top of our plenum cover is there for the same reason as to what mace's 12mm plenum spacer help in doing. If we can see some extra gains plus help with the infamous LLT knock, than that's win win for everyone. So far the throttle response is awesome! We will all soon find out how it does on the dyno

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk 2
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #123
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
I agree... and when is the dyno happening?
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #124
MACE_ENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
I been r&d'ing this for almost a month now for mace and I can certainly respect that some peoples would want to see "gains" but sometimes when we mod our car is not always about getting that extra 10 hp. Now I'm not saying that there's no gain with increasing Plenum volume since I haven't been on the dyno yet, but I wouldn't say is masking either. I guess you could say we are masking with vmax and mace insulator too what surprised us the most is how our kr data went from the usual 3.6(93 octane) on part throttle to almost zero! Vince had to actually triple check the tune to make sure I was not running a different tune with the knock sensor desensitized. The benefit of decreasing sragnet air and distributing equal air to all 6 runners is enough to justify the purchase for me even if I see zero gain. If we can decrease kr on this engine naturally without actually desensitizing than that is better than a few extra hp anyday. The hump on top of our plenum cover is there for the same reason as to what mace's 12mm plenum spacer help in doing. If we can see some extra gains plus help with the infamous LLT knock, than that's win win for everyone. So far the throttle response is awesome! We will all soon find out how it does on the dyno

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk 2
That is quite a fair effort! I dare it's the reason why the transient response/rolling starts have definitely be improved! Makes sense as to why you no longer have a dead spot
Old 04-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #125
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE_ENG View Post
That is quite a fair effort! I dare it's the reason why the transient response/rolling starts have definitely be improved! Makes sense as to why you no longer have a dead spot
Did you ship mine yet?

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #126
MACE_ENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 GTO View Post
Did you ship mine yet?
Have a number to ship, hopefully the vast majority will leave before the end of the week. To be honest I wasn't really expecting this much interest and am a little overwhelmed LOL