Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
duffmobile

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS - IOM/IOM
Surging Issue with Kenne Bell

Would anyone with HP tuners be willing to look at my tune file? Car is an automatic with the 2.8LC Kenne Bell and Ted's custom 4 " intake pipe.

My shop claims they have done "all they can" but I just don't think they know what they are doing.

RPMs surge up and down at idle, and while cruising will randomly surge / buck the car every minute or so. It's very annoying.

Just looking for some additional opinions please. Car is in storage for the winter and I don't have a handheld tuner to modify so it's not a huge rush. Appreciate any input
L99 with 2.8 LC Kenne Bell, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, Corsa Catback, R2C CAI, 491 RWHP / 500 RWTQ ---- 2010 MY #7539
duffmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
east TX Muscle cars

Drives: 2x 05 Vettes/65'AC cobra/68 camaro
If you were closer we would get you taken care of, im sure someone up there can help you out
east TX Muscle cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
firefighterassassin

Drives: Camaro RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffmobile View Post
Would anyone with HP tuners be willing to look at my tune file? Car is an automatic with the 2.8LC Kenne Bell and Ted's custom 4 " intake pipe.

My shop claims they have done "all they can" but I just don't think they know what they are doing.

RPMs surge up and down at idle, and while cruising will randomly surge / buck the car every minute or so. It's very annoying.

Just looking for some additional opinions please. Car is in storage for the winter and I don't have a handheld tuner to modify so it's not a huge rush. Appreciate any input
i have the same issue with my car, i got the new style by pass valve from kenne bell made for cammed cars. havent had much of a chance to drive since install thanks to mother nature. may want to try that. if it is a newer blower and bypass valve it will have a red button in the middle of the bypass valve. it is located on the pass side near the back of the small tube that runs along blower housing.
firefighterassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Stock TB?
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
duffmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
Stock TB?
Stock but it's the Vmax one.
L99 with 2.8 LC Kenne Bell, Kooks 1 7/8 headers, Corsa Catback, R2C CAI, 491 RWHP / 500 RWTQ ---- 2010 MY #7539
Old 12-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
duffmobile

anyone out there able to review my HP tuners file?
Old 12-30-2013, 10:29 AM   #7
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Did you try your tuner guy?
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
duffmobile

tuner guy says he's done all he can. I also asked him how much boost my car makes and he says he thinks 6-7 lbs. I asked if it was in the tune file and here was his answer:

"One bar OS's will only record up to 1bar (zero vacuum). Without converting to a 2+ bar OS, the computer won't record boost. We had the shop's manual boost gage hooked up, but that's not recorded on anything. "

Sound legit or weird?
Old 01-01-2014, 04:01 PM   #9
djw32

Drives: on blocks
Speed inc should be able to help you out.
djw32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:08 AM   #10
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
look up mike norris motorsports, he is indy and has tuned my kb a couple times...gret shop..also he is member here
Old 01-09-2014, 11:10 AM   #11
granatl

Drives: 2SS RS ABM A6
I'm only talking about my personal car here...
When I got my car back from the turbo install, it surged like crazy too; almost make a person seasick on the highway. As I learned HP Tuners, I realized they had disabled the Speed Density part of our computers. So, where you're mentioning the 1-bar option in HP Tuners, GM doesn't have a Speed Density map in our cars, but is rather calculated on-the-fly from a series of formulas. HP Tuners can disable the formulas, and put on an OS that uses the old-style SD table; but you've already mentioned the limitation with that.

Once I learned how to use the Bluecat tool to convert from the SD formulas to a table and back again, I noticed my surging disappeared and fixed other driveability quirks. As them if they've updated your MAF^2/etc. formulas, or if they simply switched you to MAF-only mode.