Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav

Old 04-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #15
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Have you tried Becky at Rodgers Chevy? She is on these boards but is at the Fest right now. She can probably get you some good pricing.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #16
nomadicdogg

Drives: '10 2SS/RS Cyber Grey Camaro (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justa25thTA View Post
why really? I was going to go this route, but money aside, if you do it you will lose the pass thru in the back seat. You can save money and get a getter system that takes up less space by going the sub thump route.
I dont need the pass thru nor care if I lose it. I wont use it for anything. and to be honest I dont like the ******** look. Plus I prefer factory gm parts on my car. always have. im not hopping up a honda accord here. I want the fit and finish of the piece made for my car.
not that ******** is bad, I just think it could be done much better.
nomadicdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #17
nomadicdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Have you tried Becky at Rodgers Chevy? She is on these boards but is at the Fest right now. She can probably get you some good pricing.
I have a very nice quote from my dealer but Im trying to get under the $700 range.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:56 AM   #18
nomadicdogg

going to pull the trigger on this from dealer soon, last chance to move yours if you still want to sell it.
PM me what you have.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:07 AM   #19
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicdogg View Post
I dont need the pass thru nor care if I lose it. I wont use it for anything. and to be honest I dont like the ******** look. Plus I prefer factory gm parts on my car. always have. im not hopping up a honda accord here. I want the fit and finish of the piece made for my car.
not that ******** is bad, I just think it could be done much better.

I'll have to respectfully disagree. The MTX isn't a GM, its a MTX, and it looks (to me) like an add on. The ******** blends right in and looks like a part of the car.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #20
DZ28

Drives: 2023 ZL1 M6 Riverside Blue
Not manufactured by GM but GM was involved in the development of the product. In other words it has to meet certain reliability, quality, performance, and crash-worthiness hence the attachment process. I know some of the folks on the team that developed this with MTX and while it may not be a 1000 watt powerhouse it certainly brings in a bit missing from the BA system and that is the lower end of the bass response. ******** makes great products but I'll bet none of their products has ever been through a crash simulation to see what happens...
Old 04-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #21
nomadicdogg

Quote:
I'll have to respectfully disagree. The MTX isn't a GM, its a MTX, and it looks (to me) like an add on. The ******** blends right in and looks like a part of the car.
the ******** looks like aftermarket. as do all subs in the trunk. gm included.
I just dont like the mis matched carpeting, the wires that stick out and the issues that can arrise from our systems when using different amps and power. thats the failure of GM and the design of their system, but it comes back to this, change it all, or stay close to factory.
again nothing against ********. its the same as a q logic box. they are clean looking they are nice, but still beaten by a custom glass enclosure and for warranty and reliablity of the factory system, its just not an avenue im willing to take.
in 3 years maybe the whole system to get swapped but for now... im good with the gm
Old 04-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #22
nomadicdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ28 View Post
Not manufactured by GM but GM was involved in the development of the product. In other words it has to meet certain reliability, quality, performance, and crash-worthiness hence the attachment process. I know some of the folks on the team that developed this with MTX and while it may not be a 1000 watt powerhouse it certainly brings in a bit missing from the BA system and that is the lower end of the bass response. ******** makes great products but I'll bet none of their products has ever been through a crash simulation to see what happens...
+1
well said
Old 04-18-2011, 03:59 PM   #23
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicdogg View Post
the ******** looks like aftermarket. as do all subs in the trunk. gm included.
I just dont like the mis matched carpeting, the wires that stick out and the issues that can arrise from our systems when using different amps and power. thats the failure of GM and the design of their system, but it comes back to this, change it all, or stay close to factory.
again nothing against ********. its the same as a q logic box. they are clean looking they are nice, but still beaten by a custom glass enclosure and for warranty and reliablity of the factory system, its just not an avenue im willing to take.
in 3 years maybe the whole system to get swapped but for now... im good with the gm

Don't know about others, but with mine the carpet matches great and there are no wires to be seen. It fits like a glove and you would be hard pressed to know that it wasn't built with the car. It looks MUCH better than the MTX system. I originally was going with the MTX, for many of the same reasons as you, but to me the ******** just looks and performs MUCH better. YMMV.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:09 PM   #24
nomadicdogg

Quote:
Don't know about others, but with mine the carpet matches great and there are no wires to be seen. It fits like a glove and you would be hard pressed to know that it wasn't built with the car. It looks MUCH better than the MTX system. I originally was going with the MTX, for many of the same reasons as you, but to me the ******** just looks and performs MUCH better. YMMV.
I have seen some nice stuff from ********.
but it isnt any cheaper and short of a more powerful amp it isnt any better sounding. then the issue with the amp comes into play. but, as I said before if you plan on changing it all out, ******** is the way to go.
I found a nicely priced one on ebay i think im going to jump on.
maybe when my BA system acts up, ill upgrade all of it.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:48 PM   #25
nomadicdogg

system found and bought
thanks for all the info guys
Old 04-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #26
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
No games and No BS ......and you bought from ebay? Just sayin'
Old 04-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #27
nomadicdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyaholic View Post
No games and No BS ......and you bought from ebay? Just sayin'
lol, I ebay all the time. never afraid of ebay. what I am afraid of is someone who says they have a brand new sub box, but after research you find 2 other posts saying its missing mounting bolts and things.... then you ask for pictures and the say well its 40 some minutes away I cant take any pictures, and then send you 3 thinks to subs on ebay at full retail price saying, see look they are selling for this much, my price is way better/
well yea your price may be better, but first this is shady and second, just because its on ebay does not mean its selling for that much. heres a list of 4 all sold under $700 in the last 2 months lol
a camaro5 guy pulled that crap on me and wondered why I backed away very fast
Shady.... missing bolts. didnt mention that. no pictures. shady....
always take a chance when buying something unseen, but with ebay there are a lot of protections in place, such as feedback, and even the ebay buyer protection.
Im not fearful, especially when the seller took the time to talk to me on the phone to discuss what he had. nothing shady there
But im not timid with ebay. over 200 transactions and really only 1 issue and the seller took full responsibility and took care of me.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:15 PM   #28
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
I was just messin' with you, but Yikes!
I didn't know that much about the deal. Just knew it was a cheap price. Kinda messed up if you can't get pics.