Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-14-2019, 09:52 PM   #15
Roader

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
The only "stigma" of driving a V6 are in the minds of mostly stock L99 owners and maybe a few LS3 owners that can't hang with the new 6th gen SS.

People who say the V6 can't be made fast are either lacking knowledge on how to actually make the V6 faster or are just lazy and want something easier to mod or ready made from the factory.

High 12s to low 13's (what a majority of mostly stock L99 and LS3's run) is not really that fast today. Stock LS1 freaks were running close to those numbers nearly 20 years ago. Sure, they're faster than a stock V6, but they should be. 2.6L of additional displacement will help with that.

Actually, I'm more impressed with the power figures of the 3.6L V6 than I am with the V8. Any 6.0L+ V8 with decent factory heads and cam should be making 400 hp.

In fact, your common 60 year old SBC 350 with good heads, cam and intake can make that much power and with a carburator too. However, getting a 3.6L V6 up past the 300+ hp level takes some advanced technology and design innovation.

It is what it is. What makes me so curious about it all is the extremely hateful attitude some V8 owners have against V6 owners. Why are they so resentful towards the V6 Camaro?

It's as if they feel threatened in some way that it forces them to utter such ridiculous nonsense statements like "V6's aren't real Camaros" or "the V6 is slow". Well, let me tell you. V6's are real Camaros too. After all, it says C-A-M-A-R-O right on my front fenders. So, I guess GM considers it a real enough Camaro to put the Camaro nameplate on it.

As for the part that the V6 is slow, that depends on what we're comparing it too. For an entry level sport coupe competing in the low $20k price range, it actually offers class leading performance, style and handling. Some V8 owners hate hearing that for some reason.
Your rant over now?
Roader is offline   Reply With Quote