Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-06-2015, 03:39 PM   #57
rickwelch69

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Turbo 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixt3denied View Post
Anyone here have the IPF tune on your V6? Is it worth the cost? Please let me know what you think of it. Also, i have the Vitesse throttle controller. How does this play into the IPF tune? Gonna have some extra $$$ soon. Thinking about my next mod..

Any input from others with the IPF tune would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Andy Burgio, one of the IPF reps here in AZ did mine personally and I am very pleased. For simple bolt-on mods it seems to be the way to go. also bought the flashing module for mine.
rickwelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 04:14 PM   #58
Pathogen

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
110 is about right. And it is complete bullshit about the warranty. They cannot void your warranty for their own software upgrade.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:23 PM   #59
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathogen View Post
110 is about right. And it is complete bullshit about the warranty. They cannot void your warranty for their own software upgrade.
Yep...this is an age old topic and the employee at that dealership you spoke with is an idiot. The Magnusson-Moss Act of 1975 for openers... Perhaps they haven't heard of the Federal Trade Commission? Not to mention all you are asking for is a factory ECU update, using factory equipment by a factory trained technician in a authorized GM dealership.

Whatever A-Clown you spoke with on the phone should loose their job for giving you false information and threatening you, he is in violation of Federal Law and infringing on your rights as a consumer. They don't have to reprogram your ECU for free as it is not required, but they certainly cannot void your warranty or use scare tactics either.

We have flashed over 34,000 vehicles world wide over the last 11 years with zero warranty issues. Below is a link to the Federal Trade Commission so you can drop some knowledge on those neanderthal knuckle draggers. Or just move on to a private repair shop or different dealership.

https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/stat...provements-act
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 09:29 PM   #60
IPF-Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
Thanks for that info and link. Andy with KPE is working on trying to be able to load the file onto older software on their end to match mine. But if that doesn't work, I'll have piece of mind when I go to get the flash.

My only concern now is paying the fee and still not running the correct version after.
The MDI Tool automatically loads the most current version, but the tech has to select Proceed even if the Tis-2-Web says the file is current. I do this for local customers all the time. I tuned three 2015 Corvette Z07's the other day, all 3 cars were out of date already after only a few months.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-10-2015, 04:56 PM   #61
zippy8792

Drives: 1LT RS
I am glad it is working out for you. Enjoy the tune
Old 07-10-2015, 06:38 PM   #62
Aug

Drives: 2014 2SS MT, Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
Well, it is definitely noticeable, both top end and low end. And the power delivery at WOT rolls on much more smoothly than before. The speed limiter is gone. It also plays wells with the throttle controller, but I have to bump the setting higher because the car now has the throttle response of SP3 or SP4 on it's own. It was worth the hassle. Maybe a ported manifold is next.
I just ordered a vmax ported throttle body, it is expected to be delivered wedneday July 15. I have the ipf tune too and will report on the tb results asap
Aug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:19 PM   #63
JMT

Drives: 2013 1LT
Getting my IPF done next week. Will post difference. I hear it is the best v6 tune available.
My dealer is actually doing the install.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:58 PM   #64
Aug

Drives: 2014 2SS MT, Convertible
Hey everyone. I have had the IPF ECU tune for about a month now, and have been very happy with it. The driving experience is very different, with much more low end power. In general, I would characterize the TCU tune this way: power delivery is smoother, shifting is better, the car just drives better.

So I was reading other posts about tuning and came across a few (very few) mentions of the IPF Transmission tune; I was intrigued. I searched more, found no definitive information, so I contact Andy at IPF, so glad I did.

While there was no doubt, and Andy confirmed, that the ECU tune does to some degree affect transmission shifting in the A6, Andy told me there is a specific tune file for the TCU which delivers "a little additional power and quicker shifts", and he reminded me that IPF has a money back guarantee. Since I already had the IPF tuning module, the TCU was only $100, so I went ahead.

Guys, let me tell you straight out DO THIS! If you have only the the ECU tune then you are only experiencing half of the total improvement that you could. Do the TCU tune, it is SO WORTH the money, it truly transforms the car. I can't express enough how great the car feels now.

I owned a Jaguar XK with a 4.2 liter V8 prior to the Camaro, and I have thought that the Jaguar felt like it had a little more power than the Camaro even though on paper they are about equal. Now with both ECU and TCU tunes done, the Camaro blows away the Jaguar...finally the Camaro feels like the specs suggest it should.

I don't work for IPF, but let me say I am a big fan. They don't push the TCU tune much, in fact, there is nothing about it on their website that I could find. I really don't understand this based on the results I experienced.
Aug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:02 PM   #65
zippy8792

Drives: 1LT RS
I feel more $$$ getting ready to leave my wallet......
Old 08-03-2015, 07:25 PM   #66
JMT

Drives: 2013 1LT
Thumbs up IPF Tune

My Chevy dealer did the IPF install on mine and factory reps were there too!
I enjoy having the tune.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:43 PM   #67
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Didn't know about the transmission tune, will definately call about it.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 12:41 PM   #68
IPF-Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
My Chevy dealer did the IPF install on mine and factory reps were there too!
I enjoy having the tune.
AWESOME!! We have several GM flashing dealers around the world. The product is safe, proven and with over 35,000 tunes installed globally we are growing and growing. And I will personally assist all our customers with the highest level of customer support available. Weekends, holidays and after hours... Thanks guys for all your support!!

-Andy B.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:28 PM   #69
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
I'm a manager at a dealer and thinking we should take this on too... I just don't know how many customers we'd have in this rural area.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:11 PM   #70
CodyBanks
CodyBanks

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Anywhere to get it installed on the east coast? New york area?
CodyBanks is offline   Reply With Quote