Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-21-2017, 01:17 PM   #15
fhpchris

Drives: 2015 Summit White Z/28 #97
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raging_Bull View Post
I've thought about doing 325's front and 345's inthe rear. The only isue would be adding an extra 1 to 2" in width to the rims (Eric Vaughn Machine Shop in California- thats his specialty..)

The 345's on my Z06 look just frigging awesome from the rear.

The only issue - so says our friend JusticePete is that the staggered setup will induce understeer.
I have ~200lbs in my trunk that did not start there due to my large stereo. It is perfect again on 325s. It is possible in some extremely low speed turns you can under steer a little.
fhpchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:43 PM   #16
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
i am glad you enjoying your Z/28 as intended - everyday! I drive 65 miles each way to work and last week drove the Z/28 for 4 days to see how it would be. Other than dealing with the clutch in traffic, it was great car, firm but compliant - never harsh. I am lucky I can keep it as a weekend and track car, but have to say it never disappoints when I pull it out for a drive, it is just that much fun!
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:02 PM   #17
Shoupaloop

Drives: 2015 Z28
Daily driver here as well. Just under 9k on it. Staggered Trofeos all around. I ran Sottozeros in the snow. The handling and acceleration are definite upgrades over my 392 Charger (and that was on Eibach R2 coil overs with monster AP Racing brakes.)
Shoupaloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:05 PM   #18
JUSTIFIED

Drives: 2015 black Z/28
14,000 street miles and all I can say is hellz to the yaz it can be used as a DD. :-) Is it like a bucking bronco sometimes? For sure, but that's what I love about it (that and the LS7). I fall in love with it over and over again.

And to think that I almost didn't buy mine due to so many reviewers saying it would an atrocious DD. Wrong!
Old 04-22-2017, 01:29 PM   #19
ahatch133

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28 #893
I actually work at a Chrysler dealership.... and I caught flack for buying the Z instead of a Hellcat.... yet I explained to everyone it's a true drivers car, and if I wanted a straight line gofast car a Hellcat might have been in the running. Since I have taken my sales guys on drives they now understand my purchase! I've owned the Z for a little less then a week and have put 1000 miles on it.... (help from the drive from North Carolina to Michigan on the way home) but I fully intend to drive it daily as much as weather permits!
ahatch133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:52 PM   #20
FLOW TIE

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #898
AHatch,
I almost pulled the trigger on a Hellcat as well.
I'd been looking at them for months. Test drove a couple, really liked the looks, the ride, the interior, etc. Didn't care for the Skinny ass tires on such a big car, but I think the Demon addresses that one.

The thing I could NOT get over was after surfing their forum, how many owners were experiencing problems. Build Quality, engine failure, drive train F-ups, leather seat issues... You name it.

I happened to drive through a Chevy dealership that is next to my work that had 3 Z/28's on the lot. The more I looked, the more I liked. Came to the forum to see folks driving the snot out of them with minimal problems.

After I test drove one, I was hooked!!
FLOW TIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 02:38 PM   #21
Mark_Z28

Drives: Black 2015 Z28 #457
I have been daily driving mine as well as its warmed up this year. I'm at 18k and bought the car september '16 with 840 miles.

I'm on a set of MPSS 325 all around which make the car a bit more suited for the street than the trofeos. Not sure if I will drive it as much when I move to dallas in a week.
Mark_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 06:40 AM   #22
The_Raging_Bull
Raging Bull Reborn

Drives: '09 CGM Z063LZ '15 RH Z/28 #0631
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahatch133 View Post
I actually work at a Chrysler dealership
with full purchase price money in hand, I walked into Chris Nickel our local Dodge Chrysler dealership about 1 1/2 miles from my house. I asked then how much they were giving off MSRP; they said "not one thin dime! " Seriously!!I told them I had a line on a Z/28 at $53K and 34% off MSRP. They sniffed..looked down their nose at me...and had a "so what" attitude.

Ha, two weeks later I took delivery of my red hot 15. That was in April of 16. I waited until the car was broken in...in the early fall...and then stopped by to see them. I asked the guys about their discount off MSRP; telling them its a heck of a way to treat a customer hat was going to pay cash. By that time I had slipped my hand over on THE button and turned off stabilitrak and everything else. Then at 4500 to 5000 rpm I filled the underhang to their dealership with Trofeo-R smoke, waved and left as the car slathered and shot away.

I had the chance to talk with their internet sales guy at the Tulsa Home Products show a couple of months ago..apparently my burnout is well remembered!! Then I told him why I did the burnout; he said he's tell the owner how his guys treated someone walking through the door with cash.Who knows or cares...it seems some dealerships really do just act like stealerships.

While the Dodge/Chrysler cars are fast, but at their 4100 to 4200 lb weight they feel ponderous.I had a friend growing up with a 69 hemi Superbee...that car was anything but ponderous.

I like the Hellcat and the new Demon...but with prices in Oklahoma in the high 70's...sorry I could go to Jim Glover and get my Vette Set discount and buy new Z06. I do wish they'd quit building cars heavier, and find a way to reduce weight. The Gen 5 Z6's with balsa wood sandwich floors..if Chevy and GM stick to it they can come up with a great way to reduce weight..shoot just use all aluminum frames. I just seems that while we have great engines, the designers just keep letting weight creep up. The new smaller body Camaro is an example of Chevy thinking correctly there: higher horsepower less weight.

Toy 1 '15 RH Z/28 w/AC & Radio S/N 0631
Toy 2 '09 CGM Z06 3LZ
My DD: '17 Ford Mustang GT
Her DD: '14 F150 Ecoboost 3.5
The_Raging_Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 09:01 AM   #23
FLOW TIE

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Z28 View Post
I have been daily driving mine as well as its warmed up this year. I'm at 18k and bought the car september '16 with 840 miles.

I'm on a set of MPSS 325 all around which make the car a bit more suited for the street than the trofeos. Not sure if I will drive it as much when I move to dallas in a week.
Mark,
You fit 325 Mpss's all the way around??
FLOW TIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 03:46 AM   #24
Liquidity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn18 View Post
I also ordered all of the trunk pieces from GM parts direct and now my trunk has all of the parts that were missing due to weight savings. Like I said my car will not see the track very often so these additions were more important to me than the little bit of weight that were saved by deleting them.
I would like to do the same--add the missing pieces. How do I know what to buy? And I don't DD my Z/28.
Liquidity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:32 AM   #25
Mark_Z28

Drives: Black 2015 Z28 #457
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLOW TIE View Post
Mark,
You fit 325 Mpss's all the way around??
yes sir I do, only street driving though, approximatedly 9000 miles on the michelins. great street tire, definitely softens the ride up. No issues at all regarding the size except when the car is parked and the steering wheel is fully turned the inside wheel cocked, the inner tire looks flat due to flex in the side wall. I suspect there maybe some of this going on under hard cornering on the outer wheels side walls. I mostly putt around town so the 325s are working for me.
Mark_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:53 AM   #26
Supercup
Life Is Short Enjoy It!

Drives: Original Owner 15 Z/28 #934
Was at a Camaro 50 event yesterday in Orange County (So Cal) at Selman Chevy and there was another guy with a 2015 black Z - #942 (so built just 8 after mine) and he had 33,556 miles on his, drives it daily along with track and group outings and drives.

He said he has not had a single problem with the car, except keeping tires under it! Was nice to see a car that is being used and enjoyed so much everyday!
Supercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:08 PM   #27
rcandiloro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercup View Post
Was at a Camaro 50 event yesterday in Orange County (So Cal) at Selman Chevy and there was another guy with a 2015 black Z - #942 (so built just 8 after mine) and he had 33,556 miles on his, drives it daily along with track and group outings and drives.

He said he has not had a single problem with the car, except keeping tires under it! Was nice to see a car that is being used and enjoyed so much everyday!
That's great to hear......I bought mine with 400 miles on the clock 3 months ago and it now has 4100+ miles. I want to be the first Z/28 owner to put 100,000 miles on the car! Don't care about future value.....I just want to drive the crap out of this thing!
rcandiloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:31 PM   #28
tylerio
EXTREMZ

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #891, 2012 2SS 45th Anni
My son used to work at a Dodge dealership. A co-worker recently told him that lots of customers have returned their Hellcats after owning them only a month or two.
JPSS Oil cooler
JPSS SAI plates
JPSS Rear sway bar
Forza Continenti exhaust controller
ZL1 Add-ons wickerbill
Brey-Krause Harness bar
Schroth 4 pt. ASM harnesses
Auto-blip
tylerio is offline   Reply With Quote