Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-11-2018, 08:38 AM   #15
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
I agree with those commenting about a good dealer. I will refuse and let everyone know about a bad dealer, but will also praise the heck out of a good one. I took my blazer to a Buick/GMC dealership because the local Chevy dealer flat out lied multiple times in one service visit and then tried to charge me double.
I miss the days when a dealership wanted to take the time and help and not just help get the sale. It's not just the auto industry though. I think this is why the brick and mortar stores are all going under. Online prices and shopping at home are nice, but when the salesman reads the same card at the product to tell you about it that you just read is not helpful.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:44 AM   #16
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Been a GM family since my earliest recollection - 1960 or so. My mom bought a used 1971 Thunderbird. It truly required - Fix Or Repair Daily. She traded it for a Cutlass. Never looked back.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:50 AM   #17
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
I agree with those commenting about a good dealer. I will refuse and let everyone know about a bad dealer, but will also praise the heck out of a good one. I took my blazer to a Buick/GMC dealership because the local Chevy dealer flat out lied multiple times in one service visit and then tried to charge me double.
I miss the days when a dealership wanted to take the time and help and not just help get the sale. It's not just the auto industry though. I think this is why the brick and mortar stores are all going under. Online prices and shopping at home are nice, but when the salesman reads the same card at the product to tell you about it that you just read is not helpful.
I’ve posted my dealership experiences a few times. Various Chevy dealers have no business trying to sell anything, yet the Honda dealer went so far above and beyond I’d buy there again in a heartbeat.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 08:59 AM   #18
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
I only own Japanese stuff(except Mitsubishi) and GM stuff

Only have Japanese cars in my driveway at the moment, but a Camaro will eventually be back in the stable. My dad only owned GM stuff when I was a kid, always had good luck outside of my moms Northstar Cadillacs which were just awful.

My tendency towards Japanese cars for daily use comes from seeing lots of old crappy japanese vehicles surviving with barely any maintenance done to them. My Nissan Sentra falls into that category, 12 years old, only thing I've ever replaced that was outside normal maintenance was a thermostat lol. Not saying my Camaro wasn't reliable, it took a beating really well, and I miss it a lot.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:46 PM   #19
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
I’ve always been pretty brand loyal? However if Ford comes out with this kind of bronco? I may pick one up due to GM or specifically Chevrolet for being absolutely pathetic in coming out with a Mazda CX-5 with a Camaro front end and calling it a blazer. Why can’t they bring back the heritage of a model than slapping a stupid decal on something that looks nothing like its predecessor just to get a sale?

https://goo.gl/images/fwzntD

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:18 PM   #20
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
I’ve always been pretty brand loyal? However if Ford comes out with this kind of bronco? I may pick one up due to GM or specifically Chevrolet for being absolutely pathetic in coming out with a Mazda CX-5 with a Camaro front end and calling it a blazer. Why can’t they bring back the heritage of a model than slapping a stupid decal on something that looks nothing like its predecessor just to get a sale?

That has been asked on this forum quite a number of times, and the hard-core GM defenders act like the Blazer is the greatest & best looking SUV ever to turn a wheel, even if it looks like a Nissan in profile.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:42 PM   #21
CamaroFan63
Sullie63

Drives: '15 1LT Summit White
I have only had GM since 1983 with my 1st car.
Growing up my parents had different makes but
back then 1940's to 1970's but they were used.
When they bought new 9 out 10 was GM.
Oracle clear side markers / LLmar tint sides and rear.
Strut bar / Husky Floor liners
Member of SICC. Southern Illinois Camaro Club
CamaroFan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:55 PM   #22
pyroguy

Quote:

The S-10 blazer served its purpose, but if they really want a cult like following for a vehicle, they should have brought out a K-10 blazer again. Those kind of resurrections of nameplates would get brand loyalty up IMO.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:37 AM   #23
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
The S-10 blazer served its purpose, but if they really want a cult like following for a vehicle, they should have brought out a K-10 blazer again. Those kind of resurrections of nameplates would get brand loyalty up IMO.
That’s exactly what I’m talking about. The K5. Not the junk S-10 blazer and most certainly not this junk they’ve devled into nothingness to produce. If they produced an updated version of the 67-72 K5, it’d be like the 2nd coming of the Camaro possibly outselling Ford and and Dodge easily.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:07 AM   #24
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
I have always had a soft spot for GM but I'm no lemming either. I initially planned to buy a Mustang but figured I should review the Camaro to rule that out first. I loved the way the Camaro looked & that was it.

Reading the Gen 6 & vette forums it seems GM has plenty of QC problems with the A8 trans likely being the biggest & most continuous one. I would not buy anything with an auto currently from GM with what has been going on.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:38 AM   #25
SSkat

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Aside from my first vehicle (dodge dakota) Ive been a Gm guy. 3 Gm trucks and this is my first Gm car. All have been very reliable. I feel like every company has problems but a big selling point for me is the LS platform.
SSkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:52 AM   #26
pyroguy

Quote:
That’s exactly what I’m talking about. The K5. Not the junk S-10 blazer and most certainly not this junk they’ve devled into nothingness to produce. If they produced an updated version of the 67-72 K5, it’d be like the 2nd coming of the Camaro possibly outselling Ford and and Dodge easily.
Lol, I just realized I said K-10 instead of K5. But you got the point. Bring back something with a following not a nameplate for the sake of a nameplate. IMO that's why the GTO failed for Pontiac. It looked like a oversized Sunfire. The GTO was an awesome car, but if they were going to give it that styling they should have called it something else. Same with the new blazer. Give it a different nameplate or give it some heritage.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:38 AM   #27
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Brand Loyalty. i have none it really comes down to what car or truck at that point in time i would like to own, my camaro id say im more Loyal to because it has not left my stranded yet or had a catastrophic failure and has been the best car i've owned besides my 1988 ford f150 xlt lariat, had a 351 cleveland in it pretty sure it was swapped in there by the last owner. i tried to kill that truck offroading i payed 1300$ for a fun toy and sold it for 1500$ 3 years later. ive owned, mercedes, ford, and a unhealthy love hate relationship with audi. one day I would like to own a alfa romeo giulia(insert reliability joke here). but ill probably stick to reliable car companies i've come across like honda & chevy and just the F150 or ford taurus SHO model Y2k and older only. i suffer from ADHD and im in my own little world most the time so it really depends on what car i want that day lol.
id like to see the cobalt SS come back that was a awesome car towards the end or a RWD impala. how about the GMC typhoon or GMC syclone given tech these days those could be really cool and fast. or maybe bring back the firebird with a joint effort with corvette on the new camaro platforum since everyone's dead set on crapping on thats things looks. hell give the chevy chevette another go around with a turbo 4 cylinder RWD that could be a really fun hot hatch if done right same with the Chevy Vega
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:52 PM   #28
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Yes it does. On my YouTube channel there is a truck channel that posts alot of different test on a variety of different 1/2 ton 4x4 trucks. I take alot of heat for having a 2017 Titan Pro4x. The comments bust every brand owners balls.They are just stupid...people that have no clue posting about one make or the other. I haven't had any trouble with other brand owners in my Camaro. Anybody have some good brand loyalty stories to share regarding your Camaro.
How do you like your Titan? I've been going back and forth between it and a Tundra.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote