Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-07-2009, 07:44 AM   #1
Recluse

Drives: Considering a Camaro
Question about GM Buypower inventory vs. dealer website inventory

Hi-

I already did a SEARCH, and I didn't see anything, so I thought I'd ask. My apologies if this has been covered already.

Anyway, I've been using the GM Buypower site to check local Camaro inventory, and on a number of occasions, a vehicle listed on the GM site has not appeared on the dealer website.

I know the GM site is updated every 24 hours, so is this just a matter of the dealer sites being a little slower to update, or does the GM site actually show both on-the-ground AND incoming inventory?

Thanks in advance.
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recluse View Post
Hi-

I already did a SEARCH, and I didn't see anything, so I thought I'd ask. My apologies if this has been covered already.

Anyway, I've been using the GM Buypower site to check local Camaro inventory, and on a number of occasions, a vehicle listed on the GM site has not appeared on the dealer website.

I know the GM site is updated every 24 hours, so is this just a matter of the dealer sites being a little slower to update, or does the GM site actually show both on-the-ground AND incoming inventory?

Thanks in advance.
Vehicles will pull into Buypower when they are invoiced by GM, which is prior to receipt by the dealer. The dealer website is updated ???
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
Recluse

Drives: Considering a Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCAR View Post
Vehicles will pull into Buypower when they are invoiced by GM, which is prior to receipt by the dealer. The dealer website is updated ???
Thank you. That is exactly what I was wondering.
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote