Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-20-2016, 09:45 AM   #15
Tunamanz

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
You did right by going to Stingray. Justin in Service and Mike in the Body Shop are some of the best guys I've ever dealt with in the last 25 - 30 years. Joe is a hell of a writer too.

As for your car problem I hope it all works out and you end up being happy with your 1LE. I love my '13 since new.
I only take my vehicles to Stingray and a matter of fact was there yesterday having Mike install my ZL1 rockers on my new 15 1LE! It is well worth the drive from St Pete. Would have bought my new 15 from them but it didn't make sense for them to get it from Iowa. These guys are absolutely amazing and Justin really understands mods so service doesn't give you a hard time with mods and warranty. I don't let anyone else touch any of my cars! Steve Hurley runs an incredible dealership.
Tunamanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:51 AM   #16
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunamanz View Post
I only take my vehicles to Stingray and a matter of fact was there yesterday having Mike install my ZL1 rockers on my new 15 1LE! It is well worth the drive from St Pete. Would have bought my new 15 from them but it didn't make sense for them to get it from Iowa. These guys are absolutely amazing and Justin really understands mods so service doesn't give you a hard time with mods and warranty. I don't let anyone else touch any of my cars! Steve Hurley runs an incredible dealership.
I also drive past a couple of dealers on my way there from Apollo Beach. I agree with everything you just said.

Another great thing is when you go there it's like a car museum with all the older cars they have too.

Did you happen to check on the first generation Camaro they are resto modding in the body shop?
Old 07-20-2016, 12:11 PM   #17
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
You did right by going to Stingray. Justin in Service and Mike in the Body Shop are some of the best guys I've ever dealt with in the last 25 - 30 years. Joe is a hell of a writer too.

As for your car problem I hope it all works out and you end up being happy with your 1LE. I love my '13 since new.
I deal with their Parts dept and they are Top Notch! However I cannot say the same thing about their Sales Dept. They totally screwed the pooch when I tried to buy a 1LE from them last year. They lied & lied and then lied again!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:22 PM   #18
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
I deal with their Parts dept and they are Top Notch! However I cannot say the same thing about their Sales Dept. They totally screwed the pooch when I tried to buy a 1LE from them last year. They lied & lied and then lied again!
Who was your salesman. I always use Tellis. My family already bought a couple of cars through him and I've sent a number of friends to him.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:23 PM   #19
Tunamanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
I would have contacted Steve Hurley directly as that would have been resolved! If I would have known you then I could have gotten you GM supplier pricing and then there is no hassling!

BTW, I need to get with you at some point about some suspension items.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:53 PM   #20
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
I would have contacted Steve Hurley directly as that would have been resolved! If I would have known you then I could have gotten you GM supplier pricing and then there is no hassling!

BTW, I need to get with you at some point about some suspension items.
Funny thing was, BMR was getting our 2016 SS from them at the same time and they knew that. I was going for a Blue Velvet 1LE during the 20% Black Friday Sale. By the time I figured out that were playing me, it was too late to find a BV at another dealership. I had another Dealership check into it and the VIN # they gave to start with, was Sold before I ever talked to them. Things work out in the end, now I'm putting a 2014 LS3/TR6060 into my '73 Camaro!

I'm here M-F to talk about parts

TC
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:32 PM   #21
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcFed93 View Post
You can't build one now. The Oshawa plant that build the 5th gen is shut down. I think that option is only for them to locate one on dealer lots.
The Oshawa plant is not shut down. They are still building other cars at the plant. Camaro production was moved to the Grand Lansing Plant in Michigan to be built with the ATS because they share the same platform.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:11 PM   #22
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
Buyer beware, even when you do your homework, you should ALWAYS give the car a very good inspection.
We bought a Scion X-Box for my daughter from a local dealer that we had done business for over 15 years. They assured us that the carfax was clean and we paid a reasonable price for it. To be honest, since it wan't my car, I was not 100% vested in the buying process.. My fault.
Fast forward about 18 months and she wants to trade it up, we go in and they tell us that there are three accidents on the carfax dating way before we purchased it and devalue the vehicle by almost 50%.
??? WTF.
Needless to say, no deal, even though they remembered and acknowledged that they sold us the vehicle as "clean".
They lost us as a customer for life over a couple grand.. Business must be good.
Be careful.. Car dealers are scumbags.
Remember, Car salesmen are business men and as nice as they seem to be they are not your friend no matter what.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:20 PM   #23
SnowyCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Chevy Equinox
Carfax is a bunch of bull. If you don't go through insurance carfax is clean. My v6 had a clean Carfax and was painted 4 times. Lol

Looks for sanding dust, paint defects, rust and paint lines. I always look for lines near door panels, seems etc. If you are concerned enough for a big purchase bring a body guy to measure the paint all the way round. (I did for my ZL1)
Old 07-21-2016, 04:58 PM   #24
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowyCamaro View Post
Carfax is a bunch of bull. If you don't go through insurance carfax is clean. My v6 had a clean Carfax and was painted 4 times. Lol

Looks for sanding dust, paint defects, rust and paint lines. I always look for lines near door panels, seems etc. If you are concerned enough for a big purchase bring a body guy to measure the paint all the way round. (I did for my ZL1)
It can be a bunch of bull, but what IS bull is that apparently things can magically pop up on it years after the fact, that and the dealer will use Carfax to adjust value, so.... kind of not bull in reality.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:47 PM   #25
Tunamanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
It can be a bunch of bull, but what IS bull is that apparently things can magically pop up on it years after the fact, that and the dealer will use Carfax to adjust value, so.... kind of not bull in reality.
What is bull about CarFax is they DO NOT stand behind it when you have a problem! It is a great tool for dealers to use to increase the price or for the consumer when things get reported, but when you have a problem with something not matching on the Carfax......just bend over and take it because Carfax will not be on the consumers side at that point!
Old 08-07-2016, 04:49 PM   #26
Tunamanz

Dealer has it back and has it relisted on their web site for sale. Make sure you ask questions if you are thinking about buying this one! I can not believe that they are still selling this as certified pre-owned with clean Autocheck....SMH! General Motors should step in and stop these guys from fraudulently selling a car without disclosing the damage. Such bad practices happening at this dealership!

http://www.jackmaxton.com/VehicleDet...-OH/2809023463
Old 08-07-2016, 06:06 PM   #27
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Dealer has it back and has it relisted on their web site for sale. Make sure you ask questions if you are thinking about buying this one! I can not believe that they are still selling this as certified pre-owned with clean Autocheck....SMH! General Motors should step in and stop these guys from fraudulently selling a car without disclosing the damage. Such bad practices happening at this dealership!

http://www.jackmaxton.com/VehicleDet...-OH/2809023463
Talk about ballsy
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:53 AM   #28
JKiss45

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
I test drove this car and remember the tires being TOAST as well as the interior being nasty as hell from the managers children riding in it and making a mess. So glad they were trying to screw me on pricing. Ended up with a brand new '15 for less... I think I may have even DM'ed you when your bought this?
So sorry this happened to you man.
JKiss45 is offline   Reply With Quote