Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2016, 09:45 AM   #15
Tunamanz
 
Tunamanz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sunshine Skyway Camaros
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
You did right by going to Stingray. Justin in Service and Mike in the Body Shop are some of the best guys I've ever dealt with in the last 25 - 30 years. Joe is a hell of a writer too.

As for your car problem I hope it all works out and you end up being happy with your 1LE. I love my '13 since new.
I only take my vehicles to Stingray and a matter of fact was there yesterday having Mike install my ZL1 rockers on my new 15 1LE! It is well worth the drive from St Pete. Would have bought my new 15 from them but it didn't make sense for them to get it from Iowa. These guys are absolutely amazing and Justin really understands mods so service doesn't give you a hard time with mods and warranty. I don't let anyone else touch any of my cars! Steve Hurley runs an incredible dealership.
Tunamanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:51 AM   #16
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 4,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunamanz View Post
I only take my vehicles to Stingray and a matter of fact was there yesterday having Mike install my ZL1 rockers on my new 15 1LE! It is well worth the drive from St Pete. Would have bought my new 15 from them but it didn't make sense for them to get it from Iowa. These guys are absolutely amazing and Justin really understands mods so service doesn't give you a hard time with mods and warranty. I don't let anyone else touch any of my cars! Steve Hurley runs an incredible dealership.
I also drive past a couple of dealers on my way there from Apollo Beach. I agree with everything you just said.

Another great thing is when you go there it's like a car museum with all the older cars they have too.

Did you happen to check on the first generation Camaro they are resto modding in the body shop?
__________________
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:11 PM   #17
BMR Sales



 
BMR Sales's Avatar
 
Drives: Race Car
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 4,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
You did right by going to Stingray. Justin in Service and Mike in the Body Shop are some of the best guys I've ever dealt with in the last 25 - 30 years. Joe is a hell of a writer too.

As for your car problem I hope it all works out and you end up being happy with your 1LE. I love my '13 since new.
I deal with their Parts dept and they are Top Notch! However I cannot say the same thing about their Sales Dept. They totally screwed the pooch when I tried to buy a 1LE from them last year. They lied & lied and then lied again!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:22 PM   #18
Firefighter


 
Firefighter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tampa by way of Miami...
Posts: 4,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
I deal with their Parts dept and they are Top Notch! However I cannot say the same thing about their Sales Dept. They totally screwed the pooch when I tried to buy a 1LE from them last year. They lied & lied and then lied again!
Who was your salesman. I always use Tellis. My family already bought a couple of cars through him and I've sent a number of friends to him.
__________________
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:23 PM   #19
Tunamanz
 
Tunamanz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sunshine Skyway Camaros
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
I deal with their Parts dept and they are Top Notch! However I cannot say the same thing about their Sales Dept. They totally screwed the pooch when I tried to buy a 1LE from them last year. They lied & lied and then lied again!
I would have contacted Steve Hurley directly as that would have been resolved! If I would have known you then I could have gotten you GM supplier pricing and then there is no hassling!

BTW, I need to get with you at some point about some suspension items.
Tunamanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:53 PM   #20
BMR Sales



 
BMR Sales's Avatar
 
Drives: Race Car
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seffner, FL
Posts: 4,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunamanz View Post
I would have contacted Steve Hurley directly as that would have been resolved! If I would have known you then I could have gotten you GM supplier pricing and then there is no hassling!

BTW, I need to get with you at some point about some suspension items.
Funny thing was, BMR was getting our 2016 SS from them at the same time and they knew that. I was going for a Blue Velvet 1LE during the 20% Black Friday Sale. By the time I figured out that were playing me, it was too late to find a BV at another dealership. I had another Dealership check into it and the VIN # they gave to start with, was Sold before I ever talked to them. Things work out in the end, now I'm putting a 2014 LS3/TR6060 into my '73 Camaro!

I'm here M-F to talk about parts

TC
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:32 PM   #21
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)
 
Bad@ssCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Western MA
Posts: 5,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForcFed93 View Post
You can't build one now. The Oshawa plant that build the 5th gen is shut down. I think that option is only for them to locate one on dealer lots.
The Oshawa plant is not shut down. They are still building other cars at the plant. Camaro production was moved to the Grand Lansing Plant in Michigan to be built with the ATS because they share the same platform.
__________________
2015 CRT 1SS/1LE RS/Recaro's/NPP/Nav/Rear vision pkg./BA speaker upgrade.
ARH 1 7/8 headers, CAI, BMR 1.25 drop springs, JPSS Billet Bushings, Peddars Cradle Bushings...421 whp...so far.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:11 PM   #22
L99CAMA2011


 
L99CAMA2011's Avatar
 
Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Masachusetts
Posts: 4,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
Buyer beware, even when you do your homework, you should ALWAYS give the car a very good inspection.
We bought a Scion X-Box for my daughter from a local dealer that we had done business for over 15 years. They assured us that the carfax was clean and we paid a reasonable price for it. To be honest, since it wan't my car, I was not 100% vested in the buying process.. My fault.
Fast forward about 18 months and she wants to trade it up, we go in and they tell us that there are three accidents on the carfax dating way before we purchased it and devalue the vehicle by almost 50%.
??? WTF.
Needless to say, no deal, even though they remembered and acknowledged that they sold us the vehicle as "clean".
They lost us as a customer for life over a couple grand.. Business must be good.
Be careful.. Car dealers are scumbags.
Remember, Car salesmen are business men and as nice as they seem to be they are not your friend no matter what.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:20 PM   #23
SnowyCamaro

 
SnowyCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Chevy Equinox
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 835
Carfax is a bunch of bull. If you don't go through insurance carfax is clean. My v6 had a clean Carfax and was painted 4 times. Lol

Looks for sanding dust, paint defects, rust and paint lines. I always look for lines near door panels, seems etc. If you are concerned enough for a big purchase bring a body guy to measure the paint all the way round. (I did for my ZL1)
__________________
SnowyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:58 PM   #24
paul84043

 
paul84043's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lehi, Utah
Posts: 1,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowyCamaro View Post
Carfax is a bunch of bull. If you don't go through insurance carfax is clean. My v6 had a clean Carfax and was painted 4 times. Lol

Looks for sanding dust, paint defects, rust and paint lines. I always look for lines near door panels, seems etc. If you are concerned enough for a big purchase bring a body guy to measure the paint all the way round. (I did for my ZL1)
It can be a bunch of bull, but what IS bull is that apparently things can magically pop up on it years after the fact, that and the dealer will use Carfax to adjust value, so.... kind of not bull in reality.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:47 PM   #25
Tunamanz
 
Tunamanz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sunshine Skyway Camaros
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
It can be a bunch of bull, but what IS bull is that apparently things can magically pop up on it years after the fact, that and the dealer will use Carfax to adjust value, so.... kind of not bull in reality.
What is bull about CarFax is they DO NOT stand behind it when you have a problem! It is a great tool for dealers to use to increase the price or for the consumer when things get reported, but when you have a problem with something not matching on the Carfax......just bend over and take it because Carfax will not be on the consumers side at that point!
Tunamanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 04:49 PM   #26
Tunamanz
 
Tunamanz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sunshine Skyway Camaros
Posts: 250
Dealer has it back and has it relisted on their web site for sale. Make sure you ask questions if you are thinking about buying this one! I can not believe that they are still selling this as certified pre-owned with clean Autocheck....SMH! General Motors should step in and stop these guys from fraudulently selling a car without disclosing the damage. Such bad practices happening at this dealership!

http://www.jackmaxton.com/VehicleDet...-OH/2809023463
Tunamanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 06:06 PM   #27
HogsFan75
 
HogsFan75's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunamanz View Post
Dealer has it back and has it relisted on their web site for sale. Make sure you ask questions if you are thinking about buying this one! I can not believe that they are still selling this as certified pre-owned with clean Autocheck....SMH! General Motors should step in and stop these guys from fraudulently selling a car without disclosing the damage. Such bad practices happening at this dealership!

http://www.jackmaxton.com/VehicleDet...-OH/2809023463
Talk about ballsy
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:53 AM   #28
JKiss45
 
JKiss45's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 101
I test drove this car and remember the tires being TOAST as well as the interior being nasty as hell from the managers children riding in it and making a mess. So glad they were trying to screw me on pricing. Ended up with a brand new '15 for less... I think I may have even DM'ed you when your bought this?
So sorry this happened to you man.
JKiss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.