Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 02-09-2018, 03:44 PM   #29
O.F.

Drives: 2015 BLK/BLK 2SS/RS MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurstPerformance View Post
Although it's not always what we like to hear, we do appreciate your feedback. Our 10-15 shifter was designed as a street/strip style unit with the primary goal of reducing shift throw as much as possible. Although other shifter characteristics were somewhat secondary in the 3916030 model, we used the feedback that we received from 5th gen shifter owners when designing our Billet/Plus shifter for the 2016+ Camaro. The additional "dogbone" section in our 6th gen unit increases isolation dramatically and makes for a much firmer and quieter unit overall. That being said, we have considered redesigning our 2010-2015 Billet/Plus shifter and incorporating this into the design, but this will of course increase the cost of the shifter. The competitor's shifter that was mentioned is a very nice unit, but it does come in at a considerably higher price point than our current offering which has always been quite popular and very affordable. We are open to putting together a sample shifter using the 6th gen isolated stick design and upgraded bushings to send out to a forum member for feedback. But, when all is said and done an updated 10-15 Hurst Billet/Plus shifter will cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 more than the existing Hurst 3916030 shifter and in order to move forward with production on an updated shifter, we would need 50 Camaro owners to step up and commit to a purchase. How many of you would be interested in an updated version of the Hurst Billet/Plus shifter?
In for one please.

Flat stick chrome with black 6 speed ball just like I have.
O.F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:59 AM   #30
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Although it's not always what we like to hear, we do appreciate your feedback. Our 10-15 shifter was designed as a street/strip style unit with the primary goal of reducing shift throw as much as possible. Although other shifter characteristics were somewhat secondary in the 3916030 model, we used the feedback that we received from 5th gen shifter owners when designing our Billet/Plus shifter for the 2016+ Camaro. The additional "dogbone" section in our 6th gen unit increases isolation dramatically and makes for a much firmer and quieter unit overall. That being said, we have considered redesigning our 2010-2015 Billet/Plus shifter and incorporating this into the design, but this will of course increase the cost of the shifter. The competitor's shifter that was mentioned is a very nice unit, but it does come in at a considerably higher price point than our current offering which has always been quite popular and very affordable. We are open to putting together a sample shifter using the 6th gen isolated stick design and upgraded bushings to send out to a forum member for feedback. But, when all is said and done an updated 10-15 Hurst Billet/Plus shifter will cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 more than the existing Hurst 3916030 shifter and in order to move forward with production on an updated shifter, we would need 50 Camaro owners to step up and commit to a purchase. How many of you would be interested in an updated version of the Hurst Billet/Plus shifter?
I'd be interested
Old 02-11-2018, 01:00 PM   #31
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
I am interested in the updated version, but what guarantee are you willing to offer that it's "better" than the existing (money back)? With my original 3916030 purchase & prior history of purchasing Hurst shifters (Vertical Gate, etc) since the 70's, I assumed design quality was included in the consumer price, apparently I was wrong.

Installing your "noise reduction" NVH kit to reduce the rattle upon the initial installation (dynamat) made the shifter very hard to shift & ultimately wore-out the nylon bushings (one of the reasons for my service ticket). Currently, the shifter rattles, vibrates, & wobbles.....

Can you retro-fit the current 3916030 shifter with your new design for a nominal fee, instead of buying a new shifter that may or may-not be improved? Or, offer a "trade-in" deal to swap the old for the new at a reduced cost?

Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:41 AM   #32
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 1986 IROC-Z
Quote:
Please let me know if you decide to reproduce the automatic shifter.
Name:  IMG_0645.JPG
Views: 204
Size:  76.4 KB
Old 02-16-2018, 09:04 PM   #33
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Zero interest. How about a old school stick and ball that bolt onto the stock shifter for $100 less than your current version. Looks only....but at least it will work functionally and have that old school look.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 05:02 PM   #34
el Wulf

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Camaro
Ii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickskier View Post
Attachment 919737
I concur...what about reintroducing the Auto Comp stick for us 2010-15 Camaro owners with an automatic transmission. I haven't crunched any production numbers but I'm sure that at least 5000 Camaros (2010-15) rolled off the production line with 6l80e's installed & there's been at least over 100 requests to Hurst inquiring about reproducing it. Maybe someone at Hurst should send a memo upstairs to your parent company 'Driven Performance' stating that there's still a lot of interest by '10-15 owners to purchase & stop teasing us with threads like this.

Last edited by el Wulf; 02-18-2018 at 06:07 PM.
el Wulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:04 PM   #35
wildchevy

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS convertible
Quote:
Attachment 919737
I would like to get one of these for my 2014 SS too.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:33 PM   #36
NoContact
"Elvira"

Drives: 2010 2SS Black with grey stripes
I've been wanting one of the auto shifters..they look super cool.
NoContact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:10 AM   #37
Mr. Hyde

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Attachment 919737
I would also love to have one of these. Limited run perhaps?
Mr. Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 06:03 AM   #38
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 1986 IROC-Z
Quote:
Attachment 919737
Quote:
Originally Posted by el Wulf View Post
Ii

I concur...what about reintroducing the Auto Comp stick for us 2010-15 Camaro owners with an automatic transmission. I haven't crunched any production numbers but I'm sure that at least 5000 Camaros (2010-15) rolled off the production line with 6l80e's installed & there's been at least over 100 requests to Hurst inquiring about reproducing it. Maybe someone at Hurst should send a memo upstairs to your parent company 'Driven Performance' stating that there's still a lot of interest by '10-15 owners to purchase & stop teasing us with threads like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchevy View Post
I would like to get one of these for my 2014 SS too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoContact View Post
I've been wanting one of the auto shifters..they look super cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
I would also love to have one of these. Limited run perhaps?
Here's a thread that was started to get a Minimum of 50 commitments to make a limited run. Let's revive it and see if we can get 50 owners to commit!
Old 02-27-2018, 07:23 AM   #39
denboy1

Drives: 2014 2ss Convertible
Horseshoe automatic shifter for me.
denboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 07:28 AM   #40
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
Id like to see a better and nicer auto shifter the other old one looks old and cheap plastic
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, vmax ported tb,jac fab intake manifold, dominat8 tuned
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:57 PM   #41
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
I like the old school T handle. Reminds me of my first car. A 1970 Boss 429 Mustang.
Attached Images

SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:19 PM   #42
RodFultz

Drives: 2014 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICRNU View Post
You are not the only one!

How about a T HANDLE for the auto too
That's what I am looking for a T handle for the auto
RodFultz is offline   Reply With Quote